We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Confusa, Differant end product colour Options

PEZMAZ
#1 Posted : 5/3/2015 4:41:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. Just seeing if someone can give me some advice/idea where i went wrong or maby its fine.
Recently extracted 1.2 g of dmt from 100g acacia confusa(First attempt) using MAX ION tek i beleive. Everything went well though noticed on my 3rd pull after freeze precip i got a much whiter crystal. The rest seems to have a tinge to it, ive also used IPA to clean the spice mix and not to much difference.

Sorry if this is a newbb question but thanks Smile

Heres a pic

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tryptallmine
#2 Posted : 5/3/2015 6:55:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PEZMAZ wrote:
Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. Just seeing if someone can give me some advice/idea where i went wrong or maby its fine.
Recently extracted 1.2 g of dmt from 100g acacia confusa(First attempt) using MAX ION tek i beleive. Everything went well though noticed on my 3rd pull after freeze precip i got a much whiter crystal. The rest seems to have a tinge to it, ive also used IPA to clean the spice mix and not to much difference.

Heres a pic

I think plant fats or oils thin out in later pulls ie become lesser in quantity. That's one possibility. The other possibility could be the temperature of the mix lowering gradually (if not already stabilized at room temp) as you do subsequent pulls reducing the amount of pigment being pulled out.

I think the first idea is more likely. If you back salted the whole lot, based and pulled again I would imagine all of your DMT crystal would be very white. aka Mini A/B cleanup

wesker
#3 Posted : 5/6/2015 3:48:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

also i would not advice to save your product on plastic bags, i rather use folded wax paper on a little jam jar, within some time it might get stuck into the plastic bags and be hard to get it out of there.
"If I dont know you, you don´t exist."

alkan0id
#4 Posted : 5/6/2015 7:47:10 PM

hitchin' a ride

That looks reasonably similar to what I recently extracted out of Acacia Confusa trunk bark. Off-white beigey waxy semi-crystalline goo. Are you working with the root bark or trunk bark? Bear in mind that ACRB contains a very different composition of alkaloids than MHRB, most notably in that it contains a lot of NMT, and sometimes even more NMT than DMT, so it could be that one of those two compounds is harder to pull out of the soup, so that youre getting more of one than the other in the later pulls.

I also found the subjective effects very different to mimosa. My gut tells me that your extraction has gone well.

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he load 40 milligrams or only 30?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is DMT, the most powerful hallucinogen in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Anatman
#5 Posted : 6/28/2015 3:22:45 PM

Tat Tvam Asi

PEZMAZ wrote:
Everything went well though noticed on my 3rd pull after freeze precip i got a much whiter crystal...

Are you freeze precip and/or evap 'ing on every pull? Wut?

If I'm not mistaking all pulls should be combined first, then evapped if necessary to about half or so (depending on saturation) then freeze.

Otherwise on one pull you have in the freezer may not turn out right cause it was just 'plant gunk', yet the one beforehand, or the one afterwards may be too saturated for a 'solvent amount to dmt dissolved ratio' ideal for freeze precip. Precipitating from the combined pulls should result in a more uniform yield.

Unless I misunderstood what you said...

Either way good luck to ya! Thumbs up
β€œImpermanent are all component things,
They arise and cease, that is their nature:
They come into being and pass away,
Release from them is bliss supreme.” – DN 16

FiniteFox
#6 Posted : 7/3/2015 3:47:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tryptallmine wrote:
PEZMAZ wrote:
Hello,

Heres a pic

I think plant fats or oils thin out in later pulls ie become lesser in quantity. That's one possibility. The other possibility could be the temperature of the mix lowering gradually (if not already stabilized at room temp) as you do subsequent pulls reducing the amount of pigment being pulled out.

I think the first idea is more likely. If you back salted the whole lot, based and pulled again I would imagine all of your DMT crystal would be very white. aka Mini A/B cleanup

Bump.
I've done the max ion tek a couple of times with acrb and this looks normal. An acid/base wash will whiten the crystal some.but you'll lose some weight, some dmt and some impurities.

I'm not sure about wax paper; I only store in glass so I can scrape waxy goo with a razor.

Overall, good job!

BongWizard
#7 Posted : 7/7/2015 10:45:41 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

Looks very much the same as my white spice, although I don't chop mine nearly as fine. The difference in colour is likely due to a reduced amount of fat in the later pulls.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.