We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Low Yield, High Spirits Options

Rundar
#1 Posted : 7/3/2015 7:45:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everybody, I just wanted to share the results of my 100g ACRB adventure. Spoiler alert: I must have messed something up. But I'm having a lovely time! I've retrieved just enough spice for a hyperspace flight, and now I'm ready to focus my energies on learning the rest of the plant's wisdom.
Let's take a brief detour and I'll walk you through the procedure. I was following (mostly) Earthwalker's A/B salt tek and things seemed to be going fine, I flash-froze the powder twice with CO2 and then did an 8-hour acid boil. Addition of base turned it from a dark red to an inky purple - and I double-boiled some heptane and took four gentle pulls, no inversions or full turns. The heptane got cloudy in the backsalt jar, then clear as the alkaloids moved into the water. Just to be sure I added two drops of 6M HCl to really make sure the pH was down there - probably a mistake? At any rate, the backsalt turned to milk with the addition of lye and I pulled it out with warm heptane. This sat totally clear as I evaporated it halfway and then froze it for four days. The result was 35 mg of snot-colored goo and 115 mg of the finest crystals you ever did see - like little glass flowers, each one weighing at least 20 mg. But that's it. I started doing more pulls on the backsalt jar - five of them, hot naphtha (I'm running out of heps), and nothing - well, it could be nothing. Looks like mixing in the backsalt jar caused an emulsion that I didn't solve and the nps to be evaporated was contaminated with water. It's been evaporated into a clear slime and added to a fresh backsalt jar (vinegar and DI water), and it's clouding up and chugging away. I'm going to heat up the base soup and take some more pulls, any advice on how to really get the spice flowing? My chemistry cred's taking a hit on this I guess but asking for help is fun and easy.
Thanks for reading all that, now on to the spice!
Preparing for flight means a day of meditation and reflection, as the residual SSRIs in my system pass out to make way for the MAOI. Please don't try this at home! Ive been weaning myself off this stuff for a year now and my daily dose is so low that I can get it out of my system in about 20 hours (here's the spec from the manufacturer). At any rate, Once it's dark I smoke a bowl of mostly-ground Syrian Rue seeds, around 800-1000mg. I hear harmaline inhibition is a threshold kinda deal, and that that threshold is as low as 2.5 mg - so I don't need a lot. After most of that bowl is smoalked I feel very high, bordering on nausea. This, then, is Serotonin Syndrome. Let's not stay very long. The bong is emptied, the bowl exchanged for a nail, and 40 mg of spice is loaded onto a scoop. It goes up... and into the hole of the nail, splat against the bottom of the bong. Bummer. Not to worry, I'm in no hurry. The remaining crystals (likely 60 mg, lower by as much as 5 mg due to spillage or stuff sticking to bags (hey, there's a question - how do you keep your spice? Besides making changa that is... hehe).
This went down smooth - I love the taste of freebase. Before I had finished inhaling laser-light patterns were coalescing around the edges of objects - like paisley, or leaves - I'm in the jungle. A gridlike pattern emerges from some hidden dimension during the second hit (it's a small bong). My friend is with me, the first time I've smoalked with someone in the room. I can barely talk as I roll back onto some pillows, feeling every sound, seeing every second. My eyes close on this world and open on the next, a wheeling, yawning hive of teeming jimjam. Once I'm "back", I'm still unable to talk but I can move, whirling my arms and head around and watching as each movement shatters my arm into a thousand Jacob's Ladders. MAOIs are good to me, it's been nearly 12 minutes.
My memories of hyperspace are fleeting. It's been 24 hours and I'm remembering little bits. Visuals, mostly. Is this what's known as being hyperslapped? I need to be journaling about these experiences, and I'm definitely getting back on board the meditation train. I'd love to get some more spice flowing out of the bark that I have - I'm also doing a small-scale (10g) syrian rue extraction, I hope to make changa with the alkaloids and some pleasant smoking herbs. I'll have to be careful with the dosages, to get it around the level of alkaloids found in a bowl's worth of B. caapi leaves, a la "traditional" changa.

Wow, sorry this is such a huge wall of text!! I hope I made it a little interesting. I'm super excited that the door is opening and would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

brilliantlydim
#2 Posted : 7/3/2015 10:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man, I just tried my first two extractions with ACRB. Did EW's mini A/B tek, once with 100g and once with 50g. I had very low yield as well both times. I am thinking the ACRB is not a very good one. The first time with the 100g I maybe had the original A/B too hot or something and I didn't freeze precipitate, ended up with just goo. The second one was better since I had run through it once, I kind of had everything set up better and I am sure did everything to a T. Freeze precipitated and ended up with some nice fluffy pure white spice and some goo/spice mixture, but again very low yield. I have heard this stuff can vary greatly in %. I am going to try a couple more things and my partner is working on their version of a tek right now, but all signs are pointing to there not being any spice in dem hills.

Rundar
#3 Posted : 7/3/2015 11:44:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ehud wrote:
Hey man, I just tried my first two extractions with ACRB. Did EW's mini A/B tek, once with 100g and once with 50g. I had very low yield as well both times. I am thinking the ACRB is not a very good one. The first time with the 100g I maybe had the original A/B too hot or something and I didn't freeze precipitate, ended up with just goo. The second one was better since I had run through it once, I kind of had everything set up better and I am sure did everything to a T. Freeze precipitated and ended up with some nice fluffy pure white spice and some goo/spice mixture, but again very low yield. I have heard this stuff can vary greatly in %. I am going to try a couple more things and my partner is working on their version of a tek right now, but all signs are pointing to there not being any spice in dem hills.

I'm sorry to hear that! That would be really unfortunate. I just did some long and hot pulls on the base soup and it's looking much better actually... I'll report back once I base it all out.