We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No more changa, AKA Spontaneous Pneumothorax Options

The Hermit
#1 Posted : 6/18/2015 7:00:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite ironically I had just moved over to vaporising changa, and it had even been a few months since my last excursion, when I woke up one day with a collapsed lung.

After a little recovery, with a heavy heart I sat down and unpacked all of my smoking gear from my ceremony box. It's doctor's orders to never smoke again (I don't smoke anything else at all anyway), but it feels like I've lost a friend. I'm continuing my path with teas, but changa was so good for doing valuable personal work without needing a whole night to do it in. I guess I was smoking on average about once every 4 - 6 weeks, with an occasional long break.

Anybody else had this experience?
"For as the mystic is more and more subjected to the transforming nature of the Light, he is often plunged into an acute awareness of the inadequacy and utter vileness of the lower or 'natural' self" - I.R.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

steppa
#2 Posted : 6/18/2015 10:01:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Hermit wrote:

Anybody else had this experience?

I am glad to be able to answer "no".

Man, that sounds horrible. Are you allright? Any idea what lead to this?

I imagine waking up with a colapsed lung must be a hell of an experience.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#3 Posted : 6/18/2015 10:13:09 AM

just some guy

A spontaneous collapsed lung isn't actually all that uncommon, especially if you're slight of frame and/or very tall, and especially if you're male. Regardless of age or smoking history, some small percentage of people are just prone to lung rupture for one reason or another... If it was ever a consideration, I doubt it could be from your occasional changa use.

A doctor will tell anybody that they should never smoke again after an event like that, but with time you may possibly be able to regain your ability to smoke occasional bits and a good doctor can help determine if you're healthy enough for the risk.

A good friend of mine had a lung suddenly collapse on him and spent ~10 days in the hospital afterward, and was under the same orders. Now that he's managing the connective tissue problem which led to the collapsed lung, he can smoke weed again in moderation (though not hash or big bong rips).

Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing anything against your doctors orders; Nor would any average joe in their right mind... But it's something worth exploring in the future, when you're in better health.

steppa
#4 Posted : 6/18/2015 10:49:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
A spontaneous collapsed lung isn't actually all that uncommon, especially if you're slight of frame and/or very tall, and especially if you're male.

This makes me unconfartable as I match those criterias perfectly.

Grizzly Adams
#5 Posted : 6/18/2015 1:08:48 PM

Novice Apprentice of ENTHEON Wizardry

The Hermit,

While you may be mourning the lose of friend, this may be the biggest blessing.

Lose a friend and find a mother.

Sometimes a simple analogy is all you need to make things crystal clear. Smile - Akasha224

Praxis.
#6 Posted : 6/18/2015 4:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear about this Sad

I also have a very skinny build and am worried about this happening. I used to work with a guy who had this happen to him while at work. It gave him a scare, definitely shook him up a bit, but he recovered really well and his lifestyle is more or less the same now. He still smokes cannabis multiple times a day, but I think he avoids things like bongs and steamrollers.

Glad to hear you're OK, and I hope you can continue to work with our favorite molecule in the future. Smile
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Hiyo Quicksilver
#7 Posted : 6/18/2015 5:48:42 PM

just some guy

I didn't mean to give people the impression that it's a common enough problem to be worried about, but rather to point out that it's not rare either.

Look down a busy street some day; Are people suddenly losing lungs left and right? Razz

No need to lose sleep, sorry for the undue concern.

The Hermit
#8 Posted : 6/18/2015 10:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Steppa - I am indeed tall and skinny, and as Hiyo points out, it's not uncommon for our build. Super scary to go through, couple of days monitoring in the hospital, but I even avoided any invasive procedures, and the lungs tend to heal up pretty quickly.

My main concern is that ever since I quit smoking hard substances over a decade ago, I have these weird stabbing lung pains, last 5 - 10 minutes on average, 20 if they're bad. This particular morning it started as a familiar pain, but on this occasion didn't stop. So maybe I'm more predisposed given years of abusing the poor guys (Live fast, die... oh crap I'm 40, I want to live Wink ), either way I'll take a good long break, maybe try vapour one day again down the line, if it doesn't repeat.

Thanks for the good vibes everyone.

Grizzly Adams wrote:
this may be the biggest blessing. Lose a friend and find a mother.

This has been resonating with me a lot - not too get too flaky about it, but a nudge towards tea seems to be exactly what I need right now.
"For as the mystic is more and more subjected to the transforming nature of the Light, he is often plunged into an acute awareness of the inadequacy and utter vileness of the lower or 'natural' self" - I.R.

TGO
#9 Posted : 6/19/2015 2:08:40 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Wow...

All I want to say is that my heart goes out to you in these interesting yet difficult times. I do agree that it may be a blessing in disguise. When one door closes, many more open. It is all about finding those that are open and thrusting yourself into them in order to make the most out of a trying situation.

Hang in there and best of luck to you as you work through this!

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DisEmboDied
#10 Posted : 6/20/2015 10:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My cousin also woke up with a collapsed lung, she didn't smoke.
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

null24
#11 Posted : 6/21/2015 9:32:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

steppa wrote:
Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
A spontaneous collapsed lung isn't actually all that uncommon, especially if you're slight of frame and/or very tall, and especially if you're male.

This makes me unconfartable as I match those criterias perfectly.

ya, me tooCrying or very sad Thank god Im not hypochondriac!Thumbs up Jeez tho Hermit, common, normal or not- man, sorry to hear that. Since you aren't a smoker otherwise, you may be able to heal to the point where you can partake once again. Best wishes to you, man!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Herba Luisa
#12 Posted : 6/24/2015 10:13:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a spontaneous collapsed lung too. I am male, 186cm and was super skinny with about 61kg.
I used to smoke heroin and did lots of freebase cocaine.
After the Hospital i stopped coke at all.
Now, 25years after this pneumo Thorax my weight is 86kg and i still smoke cigarettes, love freebase dmt and changa. One thing i'm dead sure i will never touch coke again.

Purges
#13 Posted : 6/24/2015 12:55:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too have a friend that suffered a spontaneous collapsed lung. Again, tall, maybe 6'2" or so. He swore off his beloved bong rips after that. Will partake of the odd vape blast with no ill effects now, but won't smoke anything, which is probably wise.

If anything, vaping is your best bet. There's a lot to be said for oral dosing, though Love
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

steppa
#14 Posted : 6/24/2015 1:27:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

//Doubblepost//

Please delete.

steppa
#15 Posted : 6/24/2015 1:29:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow..it doesn't seem to be too uncommon. Damn. Razz

Do we know what it is that leads a lung to collapse? I could imagine negative pressure to be a reason.

Btw. 1,83m, 65kg. That's why I am concerned. And just after I read this thread. I had those concerns before because I know sombody too, to whom this happened.

Purges
#16 Posted : 6/25/2015 4:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think Corpus Callosum would be the best candidate for answering that, maybe he'll chime in.

My friend seems to think that he somehow weakened his lungs with years of bong rips.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Praxis.
#17 Posted : 6/25/2015 6:43:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The guy who I know that had this happen to him (tall and skinny, in his late 30's) said his doctor told him that it was a result of slow fluid build-up in his lung and it would have happened eventually whether he smoked or not. In my own opinion, I'm sure smoking doesn't help at all Razz
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Ufostrahlen
#18 Posted : 7/2/2015 7:56:19 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Lol, anyone else getting this?

I click on the topic:

High-Entropy Hardware Password Generator
By Praxis., 25.06.2015

and I get directed to _THIS_ thread.

Btw, smoking sucks a** imo, the tea once healed my lungs in a spectacular way and I never really smoked again. I don't understand why the indians smoke mapacho, but I guess they get a different msg.

Ufostrahlen attached the following image(s):
pwgen.jpg (141kb) downloaded 177 time(s).
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

a1pha
#19 Posted : 7/2/2015 10:33:45 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Lol, anyone else getting this?

I click on the topic:

High-Entropy Hardware Password Generator
By Praxis., 25.06.2015

and I get directed to _THIS_ thread.

Sorry, my bad. I made the post and meant to edit but deleted, and can't undelete.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley