We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Do you think it could be possible to record our visions of Hyperspace? Options

archaic_revival_
#1 Posted : 6/25/2015 8:30:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm one of those people who believe Hyperspace and entities are objectively real. Personally, I do not gravitate towards the theory that entities merely represent "archetypes" of the subconscious. I saw an entity once, and I most definitely interacted with it.

That being said, it's obvious entities do not exist in every day reality since we don't perceive them. Or if they do, then we do not have the faculties to perceive them on a daily basis.

In order to prove the objective reality of entities (which, in my mind, would represent First Contact with an alien intelligence) we need some sort of empirical proof.

Obviously, we can't take scientific instruments into Hyperspace. But do you think it could be possible to record the information our visual cortex is registering while navigating Hyperspace?

In 1933, Nikola Tesla stated that it may be possible to photograph our thoughts. He said:

Quote:
"I expect to photograph thoughts... In 1893, while engaged in certain investigations, I became convinced that a definite image formed in thought, must by reflex action, produce a corresponding image on the retina, which might be read by a suitable apparatus. This brought me to my system of television which I announced at that time..."

Does anybody think it could be possible to record our visions of Hyperspace? And if it were possible, could we possibly face hyperslap for attempting such an experiment?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

steppa
#2 Posted : 6/25/2015 10:00:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

archaic_revival_ wrote:
I'm one of those people who believe Hyperspace and entities are objectively real.

I don't. But regarding you question...if it may be possible to record visions we have I would say yes, this may indeed be possible some years from now.

Quote:

Scientists Reconstruct Brains' Visions Into Digital Video In Historic Experiment

Indeed, it's mindblowing. I'm simultaneously excited and terrified. This is how it works:

They used three different subjects for the experiments—incidentally, they were part of the research team because it requires being inside a functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging system for hours at a time. The subjects were exposed to two different groups of Hollywood movie trailers as the fMRI system recorded the brain's blood flow through their brains' visual cortex.

The readings were fed into a computer program in which they were divided into three-dimensional pixels units called voxels (volumetric pixels). This process effectively decodes the brain signals generated by moving pictures, connecting the shape and motion information from the movies to specific brain actions. As the sessions progressed, the computer learned more and more about how the visual activity presented on the screen corresponded to the brain activity.

Here's the resulting video:

And here's the link to a random page of which I took the quote from.

Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Leithen
#3 Posted : 6/25/2015 5:20:23 PM

Be Here Now

Clearly the technology is already being made. It will take a while to get better quality and more tests and such. I think this could eventually be a big breakthough for DMT research.

The biggest question I have is this, If Tesla attempted to record what was displayed on out reinas then we would have to be physically seeing what was happening in the trip. A lot of people I know close there eyes when they go to hyperspace. Since it dosent seem like we are actually seeing, rather having images from our brain get projected to us. This would lead me to belive it would be just about impossoble.

Of course I am in no way an expert and would love to be wrong. This is a very interesting topic and something I have thought about many times. It really is why I value visionary art. It sometimes seems they took a camera to hyperspace!
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

#4 Posted : 6/25/2015 5:56:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Personally speaking - no; if you've had an overwhelmingly intense DMT experience, or any harrowing breakthrough psychedelic experience in general - the notion of attempting to 'capture' or 'objectively pin down or record' said experience is, ime, laughable at best. Typically when in a heavy experience, to where the physical world is literally gone and the "Me' is completely dissolute - the notion of any sort of objective grasping/dualistic ideals is utterly hilarious. Sand through the fingers..

This is just my opinion after years of diving deep. I don't think it works like that, haha. Very happy

We can't even describe the subjective experience of what it is to be "Me" ,a long with all my hopes, fears, daydreams, desires, etc. Im not talking about the prefrontal cortex doing 'X,Y,Z' or a subtype of receptors being lit up on X, Y, Z. Those do not describe what it is to be a Me or let alone the subjectivity of living Life itself nor the human experience.

With that said, id like to know how someone will record - iota by iota, strata by strata, tit for tat, spot on - a deeply intense psychedelic, unitive, fully boundary dissolving state of consciousness.

Good luck. Big grin Razz

fathomlessness
#5 Posted : 6/26/2015 2:55:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a recent thread on artificial neural networks generating similar quality images as that fmri study which is just wowShocked

Orion
#6 Posted : 6/26/2015 4:23:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tat makes a valid point. Would a recording really give you the emotion, the very taste of the visions and feelings as if you'd had them yourself?

I do believe it may be possible one day to capture the experience, but I'm talking about the visual aspect. And even so, it's not like you could just display it on a monitor with our limited worldly colour palette or even in 3 restrictive dimensions.

To even view the trip it would probably require some sort of direct neural interface. I do seriously think you'll be able to relive the experience to some extent eventually. We've already done stranger things with technology in my opinion.

You might just think 'what's the point, I'll just smoalk some moar'.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

DiMoiTou
#7 Posted : 6/26/2015 4:29:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regarding OP question, my guess would be no. Well, probably yes, in a distant future, but not for now. Wink
- Hallucinations/Visions occur in the mind, not in the eye. The eye is not two-way, it's only a way in, so we can't "look at the mind" through the eye. We have to look at the mind but our knowledge is rather limited in that area.
- One can most definitely interact with one's mind, so... that does not give any proof of anything. I remember reading a paper on how to prove what the DMT experience is or is not... very interesting if that is your "objective".

Like steppa, I think it's all taking place inside. The visions are already so strong at sub-breakthrough doses that the brain has trouble keeping up (linking what we "perceive" with what we know we should see). So, with higher doses, the video signals are just way too distorted for the brain to reconstruct the 3D environment we're in. So it creates a new one from scratch using common imagery, or shows the raw video feed and another part of the brain links it to common imagery so we can process it... and what cannot be linked cannot be remembered.
That's my current theory about it anyway. Very happy

Regarding that youtube video, it looks kind of useless to me. Wut? Building images based on dictionaries. That's exactly the sort of thing we don't want when trying to record visions (= converting them into common images).
At 00:21, a hairless black male on the left turns into a white woman with long hair on the right. The plane coming after that seems to have morphed into a harbor with "Tout ce que je voulais" written on top, and the white woman coming next turns to a black man. Confused
It looks promising, sure, perfect for fundraising... but that dictionary-based technique seems plainly wrong to me.

marz
#8 Posted : 7/2/2015 1:22:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Google's artificial intelligence can dream I assume it a can also trip and recorded it as well but for a physical person you might be able to record brain wave data but not actual images.

"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

universecannon
#9 Posted : 7/2/2015 11:55:18 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Can't really record all encompassing synesthesia where the senses melt into one unified river of perception/understanding/energy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Orion
#10 Posted : 7/2/2015 5:08:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Can't really record all encompassing synesthesia where the senses melt into one unified river of perception/understanding/energy

...yet Pleased
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

marz
#11 Posted : 7/2/2015 6:42:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Who knows orion it could be happening now...
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

universecannon
#12 Posted : 7/2/2015 7:40:06 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Sure, but like I was trying to say, a solely visual recording misses so much of it. And I'm not even sure higher dimensional visions/geometry (or 360 degree vision etc), can really be depicted like it is experienced.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

marz
#13 Posted : 7/2/2015 8:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You make a very good point UNI..
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

xa
#14 Posted : 7/2/2015 8:57:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...mmm...maybe it's more like a dream, record a dream, i not try yet the hyperspace, and for sure i couldn't imagine it, but a dream...i can record it for myself only, years ago i keep a diary, at the begining i write all and some paints, after was a sort of code, some word and symbol...now if i read it i remeber everything and i can (with limit) feel it, and the one that was coded better.

So maybe work in this direction can be made, but only for yourself...sorry my english is soo poor i can explain it...but the feeling it's more than visual, maybe something can record vision in some way...but the feeling it's only yours, i think.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Orion
#15 Posted : 7/2/2015 8:57:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe in the future we will have such complex neural interfaces that we will be able to not just view an experience, but to relive the experience in our minds? Maybe we will be able to store those experiences in synthetic neural networks or lab-grown brains and download them into our own when we choose to?

We are a long way from this, in terms of human time (but still an eye blink in terms of the history of technological evolution from the invention of fire or the wheel). We will probably have already figured out how to erase a damaged childhood and replace it with an upbringing of love and compassion. We will have already been able to erase learned and hard-wired behaviours by altering our own brain mapping, curing OCD in a few minutes of sitting in a chair whilst you talk about what new hobbies you want implanted and what muscle memory upgrades you want to go along with it to make you awesome at fixing antique watches or drawing from memories that have been boosted artificially to seem more real than life itself.

Call me a dreamer, but the brain is up for hacking IMO. I really believe all of this is possible, I don't even feel like any of this is outside the box at all.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

marz
#16 Posted : 7/2/2015 9:10:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its kinda like that movie chappie where they download a self-aware artificial intelligence and can also copy human consciousness to robots same idea as anyone seen that movie and know i a am talking about?
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

FLeP
#17 Posted : 7/4/2015 5:30:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw that movie, pretty hilarious. There's all kinds of movies lately about uploading ones brain or loading an artificial intelligence into an organic body.