We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV89101112NEXT»
ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly) Options

Tryptallmine
#181 Posted : 5/20/2015 11:26:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BenNice wrote:
am I the only person who has gotten close to the same results as EW? I get 2g's of fluffy white from 100g's of acacia nearly every time

the only difference is I use glass through the whole process, and I skip the defatting step-

I suck out my naptha from the base mix into a small but deep glass candy dish, then let it evap for 15 mins before pouring into my freeze precip glassware, I think the time I let it sit, all the oils set on the bottom and the goodies pour right off, leaving me with 99.9% xtal after the freeze precip,

I wanna try the evap tek hopefully I can find some free time in the next few months to do so

I'll end up with similar if I back salt the primary pulls. Then it scrapes pretty much dry crystal with no oily residue (or very tiny amounts). I've managed to get about 2.3 grams from 100g on one occasion.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bl1nd
#182 Posted : 5/25/2015 11:18:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

We skip first defat too, ive never gotten anything out that way, IDK what I'm doing wrong but it just wastes naps for me. Its all about the backsalt man, I'm a convert and true believer to the church of the backsalt!

Currently got some pulls from a base soup (100grams bark) and where I'd usually acid and defat before commencing the wash, after reading this, I'd like to skip the defat and go straight to the clean. Question being how do I clean it from this process? Where I'd usually prepare an acidic solution, pour the dmt rich naptha in there, remove all the naptha, re-base, pull, I'm muddled in what to do next! Confused

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

... not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Life is just a ride - Bill Hicks.

Tryptallmine
#183 Posted : 5/25/2015 11:52:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kingofsnakes wrote:
null24 wrote:

We skip first defat too, ive never gotten anything out that way, IDK what I'm doing wrong but it just wastes naps for me. Its all about the backsalt man, I'm a convert and true believer to the church of the backsalt!

Currently got some pulls from a base soup (100grams bark) and where I'd usually acid and defat before commencing the wash, after reading this, I'd like to skip the defat and go straight to the clean. Question being how do I clean it from this process? Where I'd usually prepare an acidic solution, pour the dmt rich naptha in there, remove all the naptha, re-base, pull, I'm muddled in what to do next! Confused

I would do exactly that. Forget about the 'defat'.
Back salting via an A/B step will get you very clean results. Take all your pulls and drop it back into 500ml of water and enough of your choice of acid to bring it to a pH of 2. Swirl it around for 10 minutes gently. Base it back to pH 12-12.5 and warm gently. Then pull with fresh naphtha until the mix is depleted.

Evaporate your final pulls down until you are happy with the saturation point and either leave to evaporate slowly or freeze precipitate. Both will get you nice results, you'll grow bigger crystals from evaporating the whole lot slowly, but it's not necessary. 24 Hours in the freezer is just fine.

Earthwalker
#184 Posted : 5/28/2015 10:06:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tryptallmine wrote:
kingofsnakes wrote:
null24 wrote:

I would do exactly that. Forget about the 'defat'.
Back salting via an A/B step will get you very clean results. Take all your pulls and drop it back into 500ml of water and enough of your choice of acid to bring it to a pH of 2. Swirl it around for 10 minutes gently. Base it back to pH 12-12.5 and warm gently. Then pull with fresh naphtha until the mix is depleted.

Evaporate your final pulls down until you are happy with the saturation point and either leave to evaporate slowly or freeze precipitate. Both will get you nice results, you'll grow bigger crystals from evaporating the whole lot slowly, but it's not necessary. 24 Hours in the freezer is just fine.

Perfectly said Thumbs up

Bl1nd
#185 Posted : 6/6/2015 4:04:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the late reply guys and many thanks for the help. Please excuse my lack of "being on the ball"... So skipping the defat: the strength of the acidic solution is enough to draw all the DMT back from the naptha into the new solution?

Would I then pull out the original naptha before rebasing or is it a case of leaving it in there, base and then "Then pull with fresh naphtha until the mix is depleted".

Once again, thanks to everyone in advance.
KoS.
... not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Life is just a ride - Bill Hicks.

Tryptallmine
#186 Posted : 6/8/2015 12:03:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kingofsnakes wrote:
Sorry for the late reply guys and many thanks for the help. Please excuse my lack of "being on the ball"... So skipping the defat: the strength of the acidic solution is enough to draw all the DMT back from the naptha into the new solution?

Would I then pull out the original naptha before rebasing or is it a case of leaving it in there, base and then "Then pull with fresh naphtha until the mix is depleted".

Once again, thanks to everyone in advance.
KoS.

Yes if the pH is at the desired level of around 2-3 then it will migrate across quite easily. No need to shake it, just gentle swirling is more than enough. Give it a good 10 minutes of easy swirling.

Pull out all of the original naphtha with a baster and discard it - there's nothing in it after you've migrated the DMT back into acidified water. The only thing left in the naphtha is plant fats and oils which is why you did this in the first place. You should see a varying layer of these oils between the acidified water and the dirty naphtha - depending on the bark.

Then mix up water and NaOH (say 300ml H2O and 50g NaOH) to get it above pH ~12. Top off with water if you need but leave enough room for warm/hot 50ml naphtha pulls.

I hope that helps you.

Bl1nd
#187 Posted : 6/8/2015 9:15:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's perfect. Many thanks as always.

marz
#188 Posted : 6/9/2015 3:33:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
BenNice wrote:
am I the only person who has gotten close to the same results as EW? I get 2g's of fluffy white from 100g's of acacia nearly every time

the only difference is I use glass through the whole process, and I skip the defatting step-

I suck out my naptha from the base mix into a small but deep glass candy dish, then let it evap for 15 mins before pouring into my freeze precip glassware, I think the time I let it sit, all the oils set on the bottom and the goodies pour right off, leaving me with 99.9% xtal after the freeze precip,

I wanna try the evap tek hopefully I can find some free time in the next few months to do so

I think others are achieving the 2% yield. We're coming definitely close, this last was a test using 25g acrb and with the first pull after backsalt, .24g of what you see above, so I think we could come close after further pulls. It's not pure DMT tho, there's def some NMT too. The xtal has held form, and scrapes up not fully powder, but flaky. Infact, the longer it sits, the more it solidifies and grows. The dish was accidentally fully evapped and put in the freeze anyway due to partner not fully grokking the process,lol, so it was full evap. No loss tho all worked fine.

Do you think your "settling' method separates NMT as goo from the final yeild? Pardon my ignorance if this is impossible... have you ever retrieved what was left in the candy dish as opposed to the 'goodies'?

Over the last few days, watching it change form and grow has been a great learning experience, you know when you finally get that AHA! So that's it!

Wow sweet results looking to try ACRB soon.. Smile
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

nemesauce
#189 Posted : 6/9/2015 3:56:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, a quick question if you don't mind.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've read and re-read the tek and the entirely of this thread several times and I think that I have a pretty good understanding of things, but my question is this, when you refer to "backsalting" in the clean up steps do you mean turning the freebase dmt back to its salt form? And this is the same thing as a mini a/b right?

I got confused with the salting in step 2 and need some clarification.

Thanks for the help.

Tryptallmine
#190 Posted : 6/9/2015 4:38:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nemesauce wrote:
Hey guys, a quick question if you don't mind.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've read and re-read the tek and the entirely of this thread several times and I think that I have a pretty good understanding of things, but my question is this, when you refer to "backsalting" in the clean up steps do you mean turning the freebase dmt back to its salt form? And this is the same thing as a mini a/b right?

I got confused with the salting in step 2 and need some clarification.

Thanks for the help.

You are quite right. Back salting is taking dmt back to its salt form which is achieved by bringing it back into an acid phase as part of the mini A/B. It has nothing to do with adding salt NaCl in step 2.

nemesauce
#191 Posted : 6/9/2015 5:15:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, that's what I have thought but wasn't 100% sure.

The reason why you add NaCl in step 2. is to ionize the solution and initially free most of the dmt salts from the plant material/fats, correct?

If so, I think I understand.

cyb
#192 Posted : 6/9/2015 10:41:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

nemesauce wrote:
The reason why you add NaCl in step 2. is to ionize the solution and initially free most of the dmt salts from the plant material/fats, correct?

Essentially ...Yes.

The freefloating molecules (DMT) will tend to 'clump' together (in a strongly ionized environment) and therefore transfer to the solvent more readily/quickly.
The addition of salt (NaCl) doesn't facilitate the separation of DMT from the 'fats'/oils per se (Afaik) ...but it 'may' help.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

nemesauce
#193 Posted : 6/9/2015 1:42:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to have a basic understanding of what's happening during each step, I've only done nomans stb a few times and that extraction is fool proof, this one seems quite straight forward as well. Thanks for answering my questions.

I'll definitely post my results soon.

BenNice
#194 Posted : 6/18/2015 6:56:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

quick question, doing 100g batch for the solstice for friends and I, I just added the salt from step 2, but I have to leave in 2 hours for about 3 hours.

should I go ahead and put the caustic soda in now and leave it for 5 hours, or would it be best to leave it how it is and put the caustic soda in when I get back home and let it sit for the 2 hours then as suggested

I dont wanna put it in now and have 5 hours of it sitting with the CS to be too long and mess it up.

Thanks!

BenNice
#195 Posted : 6/18/2015 7:43:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

eh, didnt have time to wait so I just added the CS hopefully sitting for 5 hours wont be too long

Firemetal420
#196 Posted : 6/30/2015 9:04:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to post my latest and IMO my best results yet Cool this is from 150g acrb and it came out to 2.994g. I did two freeze thaws just because I felt like being extra thorough and I was exceedingly careful in every aspect. Thank you cyb and Earthwalker for this tek as it was a revelation for me in apparent purity and yield.
Firemetal420 attached the following image(s):
2015-06-30 13.05.17.jpg (3,735kb) downloaded 584 time(s).
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

Spaced Out 2
#197 Posted : 6/30/2015 10:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice indeed, good job Thumbs up

Lots of hyperspace journeys sittin there, use wisely friend, and be safe! Big grin

Firemetal420
#198 Posted : 7/1/2015 2:11:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Very nice indeed, good job Thumbs up

Lots of hyperspace journeys sittin there, use wisely friend, and be safe! Big grin

Thank you very much Smile I had kind of a low yield on my last extraction but it was definitely the material because I did everything exactly the same this time around... been working on getting the elusive 2% for a couple extractions and since I'm sure the 6mg difference was definitely on my precip tray I am calling this my first 2% yield... I'm super stoked about it, and I am always extremely careful with anything I will be taking into my body Very happy can't wait to make some changa with some of this and my red caapi alkaloids
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

marz
#199 Posted : 7/1/2015 3:23:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very very nice indeed. ❤❤👽
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

Tryptallmine
#200 Posted : 7/1/2015 10:35:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BenNice wrote:
eh, didnt have time to wait so I just added the CS hopefully sitting for 5 hours wont be too long

Would have worked out just fine. Better to have the NaOH in there and let it sit for 3-5 hours than just NaCL

«PREV89101112NEXT»