We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Don't be that guest / housemate ! Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 6/29/2015 11:50:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

(Excuse the rant below)

Don't leave your stuff all over the place

Don't wait until the garbage is so full you have to put stuff next to it... Remove it, clean the bin and put a new bag.

Don't only wait until the other person is already midway through cooking to ask if they want help, take initiative and also cook, buy ingredients, start working before everybody is already hungry.

Don't just wash your plates and think the job is done. What about putting the leftovers in a tupperwear and into the fridge? What about cleaning the pots and pans from food you also ate? What about drying and putting away the dried plates? what about removing the rests of food from the sink?

Don't wait until someone tells you to help with cleaning the house, be proactive.

Don't just sit there in the computer while the other person is doing things for the house, join in!

Don't forget to say thank you.

Don't be more of a strain to the other people than you are a help.

Don't be that guest / housemate.

/rant

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spiralout
#2 Posted : 6/29/2015 12:09:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah ive got some dishes to do. Luckily i live by myself
Love

Akasha224
#3 Posted : 6/29/2015 12:29:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oof, sounds like a messy living situation. I have my own separate apartment, but the kitchen in the house I live in is shared, so I can sympathize with you on a lot of these points. Nothing like seeing and smelling two-day old chunks of egg stuck to a frying pan sitting in the sink when you go downstairs to wash a few plates.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

steppa
#4 Posted : 6/29/2015 12:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't wait to formulate your discontent until it explodes in form of a rant.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 6/29/2015 6:31:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

<rant>I am utterly astounded by how little attention pretty much everyone I have ever lived with pays to their environment and their effect on others around them. Currently it seems that I am doing >90% of the housework in a 6-person house. Luckily I don’t have the dirtiest housemates, just the only thing anyone does is hoover their own rooms or wash their own dishes. I was a cleaner for many years so housekeeping comes naturally to me, but I am starting to get a little burnt out being the only person who does anything.</rant>

I think a nice approach to take to life in general is to leave your environment in a better state than you found it, if we all lived by this concept the world would be wonderful.
D × V × F > R

β—‹
#6 Posted : 6/29/2015 8:20:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Im sorry end, i'll try to be more proactive. I'll pick more of my stuff up next time, promise. Razz

β—‹
#7 Posted : 6/29/2015 8:28:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

^^^ Jk. Yeah man, that's why I would never live with anyone; well partly. I've seen this same scenario countless times with friends, their roommates, etc. Many are lazy man, that's just the fact of the matter haha. Very happy Im OCD, I keep the house clean, clearly taking after my mother. Dishes sitting in a sink don't fly, even just a few. Yard work to do always. And being proactive like that not only lends itself to cleanliness and whatnot, but carries over into your life, benefiting in alot of indirect ways.

d*l*b
#8 Posted : 6/29/2015 8:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think most of it is down to people not being very observant.
D × V × F > R

β—‹
#9 Posted : 6/29/2015 8:53:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

d*l*b wrote:
I think most of it is down to people not being very observant.

Good point, that's true.

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 6/29/2015 9:11:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pleased Discipline and mindfulness are good motivators. I agree about being observant as well. Really it just comes through simplicity. Nothing is difficult unless it is perceived as difficult. Anything can be done, now. There must be balance and responsibility.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Doc Buxin
#11 Posted : 6/29/2015 10:06:03 PM

Pay No Mind

Aw, Endlessness...

That rant could have easily been me talking to our youngest daughter who is 17...

Laughing

Wut?

Razz
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Koornut
#12 Posted : 6/29/2015 10:16:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't smell things that shouldn't be smelled by anyone other than the wearer, and if you really have to smell them, don't get caught!

@endlessness, It's just my silly observation but your rant draws some fleeting parallels to the nexus forum of late. Of which I am certainly guilty of some, and for that I am sorry. My rent will also be in your account by Friday Wink Laughing
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Chan
#13 Posted : 6/29/2015 11:01:26 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Subliminal software upgrade...!

β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯