We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Favorite "Brownie" Recipe? Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 5/27/2015 7:47:24 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

What is your favorite preparation/method for making pot brownies? I'm planning on making some brownies later and any and all ideas are welcome.

I generally make mine with:

-14-28g decent bud
-Canola/Vegetable Oil (3/4 cup give or take)
-Regular brownie mix

I usually double boil the bud and oil for 4-6 hours and then strain and proceed to make the brownies as stated on the box using my infused oil.

While this works, it is very basic. I was looking for any advice/improvements/suggestions on making a great special brownie!

Thank you!

ps. I apologize if this is the wrong spot to post this or if this is a redundant thread!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

smri
#2 Posted : 6/11/2015 2:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think using more types of fats and oils would help. I learned this from the Soma Hash candy recipe. Not quite baking brownies I know but his thought was, the more oils and fats to diffuse THC the more that will enter your body. Seemed to make sense to me.
The recipe used Cacao butter, Coconut oil, butter(I think), and pistachios(more oil and fat), amongst other ingredients.

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 6/12/2015 10:43:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the recipe I used to use. The brownie recipe itself comes from a guy my family knew when we lived in Brazil. It's extremely yummy. I would sometimes make my own icing with the cannabis butter I made from shake. Play around with it, as it's kind of hard to mess up really. The last time I made them I ate 3 one morning and was floored for hours!

1 & 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
10 Tablespoons powdered chocolate (semi-sweet, I think Cadbury's has one, otherwise similar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 cup oil (NOT olive oil) any other will do, preferably corn oil
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix all together with a wooden spoon in a big bowl. put in oven dish (buttered and floured). Cook for about 30 mins in a 180 C (356 F) oven…… test after 20 mins just in case….

It makes about 20-25 brownies, but this largely depends on your oven dish. I would use about 30g of trim or 15g of fresh bud. I like the idea of infusing the oil first, but it is something I never did and they all ways came out awesome.

If anyone thinks of a way to improve the recipe, please chime in! Happy munching Smile

TGO
#4 Posted : 6/27/2015 5:43:42 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Wow, thanks DoingKermit!

I followed your recipe to a T with 15g bud! Best brownies I've had in a long time.

Thumbs up Thumbs up

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 6/28/2015 1:40:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
Wow, thanks DoingKermit!

I followed your recipe to a T with 15g bud! Best brownies I've had in a long time.

Thumbs up Thumbs up

Yay! So pleased you liked the recipe, The Grateful One. It has treated me well for many years.

Happy baking Smile

Pup Tentacle
#6 Posted : 6/28/2015 2:54:32 PM

lettuce

You might try coconut oil... it has a high (if not the highest) saturated fat content of oils. You may get more of the goodies out of your cannabis.
Very happy
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

TGO
#7 Posted : 6/28/2015 3:45:37 PM

Welcoming committee

Okay thanks for the tip! I have never used coconut oil and am not the biggest fan of coconut flavor but if it gets the job done more efficiently than I will definitely try it out!

Smile

Pup Tentacle
#8 Posted : 6/28/2015 4:25:27 PM

lettuce

Refined coconut oil doesn't have the coconut flavor... unrefined does. Smile
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

TGO
#9 Posted : 6/28/2015 5:20:21 PM

Welcoming committee

Ah, I see! Refined it is then! I'll have my girlfriend put it on the shopping list right now!

Very happy

DeltaSpice
#10 Posted : 6/28/2015 6:03:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What's a brownie? a cake or more likely a biscuit ?
I should just Google it I suppose .
Ok did that, I think I've seen um in Starbucks . Its a cake .
I'm not allowed cake or anything els nice because I wanna stay slim, fit and miserable Wut?

TGO
#11 Posted : 6/28/2015 6:15:06 PM

Welcoming committee

A brownie is a gift from the gods! Laughing
They are quite delicious with or without cannabis infused into them. But they are indeed fattening if you overindulge! It is similar to chocolate cake and oh, so delightful!

You could always make some cannabutter or oil and put that into nearly any recipe that calls for butter or oil. You can even spread that cannabutter on some toast for a nice THC buzz in the morning! Whatever floats your boat! I love cannabis edibles!

Thumbs up

DeltaSpice
#12 Posted : 6/28/2015 11:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
A brownie is a gift from the gods! Laughing
They are quite delicious with or without cannabis infused into them. But they are indeed fattening if you overindulge! It is similar to chocolate cake and oh, so delightful!

You could always make some cannabutter or oil and put that into nearly any recipe that calls for butter or oil. You can even spread that cannabutter on some toast for a nice THC buzz in the morning! Whatever floats your boat! I love cannabis edibles!

Thumbs up

Funny you mention cannabutter, I've been wanting to make some of that stuff for about a year now.
Stoned without smoking, sounds good to me Drool

amandanita
#13 Posted : 6/29/2015 12:27:50 AM

Love, love love love

I'll just leave this here:

raw vegan brownies (gluten-free, no-bake Pleased )

ingredients:

1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts recommended)
1 cup dates or banana (banana will make it moister)
5 Tbsp of cocoa powder (unsweetened, raw)
4 Tbsp of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
2 Tbsp of beet sugar or raw vegan sweetener
1/4 tsp salt

Process the nuts in a food processor or a blender until they're small and crumbly (but not completely pulverised). Add the dates or the banana and process until it's a sticky mass. Next, add all the rest of the ingredients. Don't overprocess (don't let the mass get too buttery).

Place the mass in a brownie dish or a cake pan and press down until even. If you use the glazing add it at this point. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Done!

Raw vegan (no-cook, gluten free) chocolate icing:

ingredients:

1 cup dates (or banana!)
1/4 cup cacao (cocoa) powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
some water to facilitate blending (do not use too much or it will end up watery!)

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Start at a slow speed and gradually increase to maximum speed. If the blades get stuck or aren't working the mass anymore open the blender/food processor and make an airpocket to expose the blades (using a spatula!) Mess with the icing and the blades every once in a while until you have a rich, creamy icing. Smile

Substitutions and other stuff:
  • you can substitute oats/oatmeal for the nuts to make it more low-fat. (Warning: oatmeal is often processed in a factory that also processes wheat, gluten cross-contamination possible.) (Also: Using oatmeal instead of nuts will affect the texture. It's still yummy either way.)
  • You can substitute any vegetable oil for the coconut oil. (Mind the taste! Some vegetable oils have a strong taste that you don't want in your brownies.)
  • Use sugar/sweetener to taste!
  • If the brownies end up too gooey, add more oatmeals to make the mass drier Smile Or use less dates/banana!

• Add cinnamon and cardamom for extra yumminess Smile
  • Cut up fresh strawberries and place on top of the icing <3
  • Mix processed nuts (of your choice) with sugar or brown sugar and sprinkle on top
  • You can also mix equal amounts of raw oatmeal and brown sugar, add a dash of soy or almond milk (don't use too much) and sprinkle that on top of the brownies (or the icing if you're using any)

Happy making (no baking!) Smile

recipes slightly adapted from here Smile
    O Immortal, O Soma
    Pavamana, Word of God
    In flesh and living blood
    Resurrected fruit of the Tree of life
  •  
    TGO
    #14 Posted : 6/29/2015 5:41:26 AM

Welcoming committee

Thanks amandanita!

I've never actually had anything vegan that I am aware of! I know, its terrible...Laughing
    It seems like a tasty recipe though and I could infuse that coconut oil with THC and have a marijuana icing!

Thumbs up