We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro Cacti Powder Tea Preparation? Options

travsha
#1 Posted : 6/1/2015 10:32:13 PM

Share Love ~

You can eat the powder straight or what most people do is stir it into water and drink it. I have drank it that way - just stirred into water. No need to make any tea or cook it unless you want to.

If you are worried about parasites in the powder then you should probably add to water and bring it up to a boil - amount of water isnt super important because you arent extracting anything and will just end up drinking the powder anyways.

Cant tell you how much powder to eat at once though because they come in different strengths - some people use the whole cactus, and some only use the skin for example.... I would probably try 2 spoonfulls if it was me, but I also have a lot of experience with San Pedro so wouldnt worry about taking larger doses. You could start with a spoon at a time and keep working your way up till you get to the right spot - difficult part with that is that San Pedro takes as long as 3 hours to really kick in sometimes, and it can be tough to drink the powder....

I personally really prefer tea from fresh cuttings - I think it tastes better then the powder, and feels better to my body. I also like to put energy into it when I cook, so I have felt in the past that the tea I drank had a better experience then the powder I drank.... That might all just be subjective though - other people might prefer powder more.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 6/2/2015 1:03:50 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

You can add a small amount of water or honey to make a paste and shape some balls you can swallow with water or fruit juice.
Or dry and encapsulated.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

ninjaxmasparty
#3 Posted : 6/24/2015 2:44:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IMO I'd highly recommend that you don't attempt to make tea out of powdered cactus. I've tried it. I've had friends that have tried it. If the cactus is powdered, all that will happen, no matter how long you boil it, all that will happen is the cactus powder will simply absorb the matter and become a thick, giant, goupy cactus soup that is even more difficult to consume than eating a pound of dried cactus(the amount of dried San Pedro powder required to actually give you the full mescaline experience as it is usually far less potent then peyote). You can try things like incapsulating several pounds of cactus and swallowing that incredible amount of fiber but the human body cannot process all that quick enough, and you will end up with an annoyingly weak trip that will last for a very very long time (mescaline already has quite a duration under it's belt anyways) as it is slowly digested by your body. It is significantly weaker than peyote so it cannot be consumed in the same way. Cactus teas CAN be made but please, for your own sake, don't try and make tea out of it. If your using anything else besides peyote, IMO, an extraction is absolutely required. IF IT DOES/DID WORK, please let me know. I would really like to be wrong on this haha

Jees
#4 Posted : 6/24/2015 3:05:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1 oz powder ?
Take a soup spoon of powder, poor that in mouth, flush in with apple juice. Repeat until done, should be like 5 spoons. Wetting it before ingesting makes it harder IMO.
Best on empty stomach. 2 Hours time to get it working.

Achilles
#5 Posted : 12/5/2019 11:17:47 AM

I is the obstacle.

Sooooo. Got 1oz powdered sp skin but I’ve heard conflicting thing... dry or tea? 2 spoonfulls or do I eat all 28grams? This will be my first mescaline experience so I don’t wanna over do it but I only have what I got so I don’t wanna under do it either. So which route should I take?
This guys ego ^