We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My epic introduction to 4-HO-MET Options

nexalizer
#1 Posted : 6/10/2015 10:02:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This one straight from the ontological factory...

Having arrived yesterday from a few days back in the city where I grew up, and before that a relaxing week with very anti-drug friends (almost a crime not to trip there.. if you could see the nature in that place!.. but I digress), and lost between the ever-changing environment of the last weeks, there was not much of a plan for today.

All I could muster yesterday was going out for dinner, and that was after a royal nap. It was a long way back home and man, was I tired.

Today? Today I had some stuff in mind.. which could very well be postponed one day.

So after some deliberation, I carefully weighed 10mg of Metocin (4-HO-MET), then double and triple checked the amount. Can't be too careful when a) new substance and b) the plan is cycling on it (DISCLAIMER: while fun, you definitely should know your dose, your surroundings, and your skill level to pull this off, considering that there are other people on the road and it would be rather easy to end your life or get seriously injured if you miscalculate anything -- if in doubt, don't do it!)

With that off my chest, I put on some headphones and set out cycling.

Nothing much worth reporting happened for 30 minutes or so, as one might expect..
(All times, if mentioned at all, are complete fabrication: not once did I check an actual clock)

And then, slowly, it did. At first, like something was vaguely off. My attention was vaguely fractured, but nothing too much. By then I was in a backroad, surrounded by nature.

There was definitely some sedation, and I remember thinking that if not for the fact that I was determined to carry myself to this natural reserve some 20km away, I could very well just lie down somewhere and take a nap.

My muscles felt heavier than otherwise expected, and exerting force to move the bicycle felt like more work than it should be. But who knows, I'd just spent a week basically getting roasted in the sun and swimming, so perhaps this would take some getting used to.

At around +45m I begun feeling like something was 'off' in my gut, not pain, barely even discomfort, just enough of a persistant sensation. It's still here as I type it, but much more subsided. I remember thinking that this must be what people label as 'body load'.

Fortunately (I guess), other than some nausea with certain medicines, I don't usually suffer from any bodily discomforts while tripping.

Anyway, on it went. At some point I chose to explore a forest trail, which ended up not being transversable. I remember taking great metaphorical meaning out of this:

"Sometimes in life, a path will abruptly end; and sometimes, rather than hacking and slashing through it and potentially ending nowhere, it's better to double back."

That was it - official confirmation. I was tripping balls.

From the period between doubling back on that trail and once again joining the beachside,
what I remember the most is how floaty cycling had become. Me, the bicycle and the road - we were one. I would know exactly when to compensate, when to stop pedaling, when to pedal faster, as I fought the myriad trials of bricks, shattered glass and sand back to the main road, and then downwards to the beach. Just effortless.

I did close my eyes a couple of times at this point, and it felt fucking serene - but also caused me to instantly steer into the middle of the road (don't worry, I always checked first Smile) without realizing it.

So yeah. I stopped doing that.

Well, at some point I make it to the ocean again. And I catch myself staring with wide open mouth at the ocean and the sun rays piercing the vast clouds (a rare occurrence, given that it's fucking June!).. now this was still an area with people and cars, so I had to keep the genie in the bottle for just a little bit further, and kept pedaling towards the natural reserve which was to be the high point in all of this.

As I was negotiating the final turns in the wooden path by the beach, the peak was looming. I remember feeling that it would be grand to simply recline against a tree somewhere, close my eyes, and let it take me.

For another 5 minutes I kept it relatively together, and what do you know. Every single little kid I passed smiled when I looked at them. Little fuckers, what I was living then must be how it always is for them. What a golden time childhood is.

So at this point I made it! I'm entering the natural reserve, still feeling like me, the bicycle and the road are one. It's very easy to handle the terrain, even as sand and stones are repeatedly thrown in the way of the tires.

I cycle a lot, but we are talking a whole new level here. I would not risk some of the moves I did while sober; whether that's a good thing or not I leave the reader to decide, but let me note that I would not have attempted such maneuverings had I not been relatively sure that my sense of being able to handle those challenges was not being falsely inflated by the drug -- I felt more capable of handling the terrain than normal, tested this a few times, and basically stopped worrying about it - from then on all the terrain negotiation was pretty much done on autopilot

So, the sun is shining, the ocean is in the distance (<500m), I'm surrounded by nature, and peaking on this stuff. It felt incredibly euphoric and orgasmic.

I kid you not, I was basically moaning as I breathed, each breath complete ecstasy.Big grin Very happy Big grin Laughing Thumbs up

Here we get into a classical hippie stereotypical moment, where I got off my bike and carried it above a corridor of furious ants (which, by the way, I would have never noticed while sober; not like this, basically they got spotted from 5 meters away, while moving), with the mandatory 5 minute stop to marvel at them.

And then I took the headphones out of my ears, and just listened.
The birds, the wind, and a silence with a certain tryptaministic feeling to it. Where do I remember this from? DMT?

Yes, DMT.
The resemblance is distant, but it is definitely there.

A sense of vast space behind closed eyes. Patterns forming. And that eery tryptamine-flavored silence pervading both inner and outer space.

I think I had a choice there, to sit down, meditate, and embrace this silence-- towards Ego death.

Frankly, it still is something that scares me, allowing the Other to engulf the I.

Without a single exception, every time I experienced ego death, it was because it was no longer possible to fight it due to high dose. It is not something I welcome on a normal day. But I guess that's the Ego speakingVery happy

So at that point I switch to The Doors, which eventually did keep me company safely all the way back home.

From here on there is little of interest to report, and we enter the final section of this report;

Remember how the weather was looking funny for June? Well, by now, it took a perhaps not completely unexpected turn for the worse; The clouds looming above the horizon had hinted at it before, but now it was official.

What really stayed in my memory then is just how setting-dependent this substance seems to be; The moment the sun was overcast by the big clouds, the previous orgasmic, warm, carefree nature of the experience was replaced, in a matter of seconds.

It was not negative or evil, but the character truly completely changed!

Now it was all about fighting the elements and surviving the harsh conditions on the long 20km way back home. Which obviously I did Big grin

The comedown left me with something that usually I associate with amphetamine-like substances, an overly-stimulated feeling all over my face, wider-than-normal-eyes and what very possibly looks like a "I will murder you if you flinch" lookLaughing

By the time I did get back home, it was raining slightly, and I did do a few more 'laps' near the beach (<3km total) to try and burn the extra energy; from previous experiences I know that if I don't, it'll be a very restless evening; just wasn't expecting it from 4-HO-MET.

Anyway, when the door to the building was opened and I stared at the wooden walls inside, it was obvious that baseline had not yet been reached. Stuff would still be morphing and appearing to be more distant and then closer, breathing -- interesting, I had not noticed it much while outdoors.

4h30m had elapsed since I took off.

It's now 10PM and baseline has been reached (edit/clarification: it has for awhile now. The whole thing lasted around 4h, just as predicted); The "something off" feeling in the gut has mostly disappeared, and while I didn't feel like eating at all, I chose to anyway, given all the cycling of the previous hours.

Tasting the fresh veggies was very nice, though I really didn't feel like eating.

All in all, it was a very interesting afternoon with a very interesting substance. I am glad to have made its acquaintance; the dosage was perfect for the occasion - it never once felt like too much to handle.

10/10 would recommendThumbs up
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infectedstyle
#2 Posted : 6/10/2015 10:47:25 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

I enjoyed very much how you write this. Makes me want to A. get a new bike and .B find better surroundings. Very happy My god, the ocean...! I Dont like the red disclaimer it looks a little dangerous. haha. it makes this whole thing just a tad bit more obscure. But I read it before you edited the disclaimer and I enjoyed it Thumbs up Most trip reports are a lot more hazy, I can relate to your writing style so much more.

Funny that you had an encounter with insects,
I noticed a bunch of musqituos after coming home from a 3 hour walk with metocin. They must have just hatched, there where about 40-50 small ones and 2 large ones on the ceiling. It looked like a battlefield of sorts. At first I thought I was tripping because I saw a bunch of "holes" in the wall. My mind flinched and I had a feeling of "dirt" when I saw these holes as I would when I see a scary insect. Only after that I noticed that they where musqitoes of sorts and gave me a very distinct but indescribable mixed feeling of distinct adrenaline and "dirt". That feeling returns everytime I pick up a piece of cheese in their presence and when I look at the particlar large insect. I would never have felt this had I not been feeling wired from the Metocin. Which I enjoy but the insects' presence where not so much to my liking! I definetely felt outnumbered Confused Psilocybin compounds produce the most pupil dilation in lower doses in me. Although, psilocybin itself has the most chilled and relaxed athmosphere it still dilates the pupils to their maximum size. Metocin definetely has the most amphetamine-like resemblence of the 4-substituted tryptamines that I encountered. Which where 4-ho-mipt aka Micropin, Psilocybin and Psilacetine aka 4acodmt. Of these compounds the most alien energetic one is Micropin by far.

nexalizer
#3 Posted : 6/11/2015 7:56:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update: Minor insomnia (could not fall asleep til 3am).

Today, feeling absolutely normal, no hangover whatsoever.

Yesterday after posting, noticed increased urination before going to bed.

This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

hixidom
#4 Posted : 6/12/2015 2:33:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So how would you compare this to 4-Aco? Are they the same flavor of psychedelic experience? Which did you like more?
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

nexalizer
#5 Posted : 6/12/2015 10:00:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep in mind I've only had one go with each; And with 4aco it was twice the dose; One rough trip (4acodmt) vs one shining trip (4homet), also with very different set&settings (indoors vs outdoors)

Having said that, I found them very similar, though obviously so far I'd give Metocin the gold medal.

Didn't think either too similar to psilocybin mushrooms; For me the similarities were:

- Comes in waves.
- Lasts about 4h.
- Can be sedating at times.
- Tryptamine signature surely present.
- DMTesque.

hixidom
#6 Posted : 6/12/2015 7:13:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That's cool. I've done 4-Aco-dmt before and would even say I experienced CEV reminiscent of hyperspace, but I've never done 4-HO-MET, so that's why I asked. Thank you.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 6/13/2015 3:00:24 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Infectedstyle wrote:
[...] 4-ho-mipt aka Micropin, [...]

Ha ha - that's a great anagram of miprocin!

Nice writing of trip report there, nexalizer.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

skoobysnax
#8 Posted : 6/13/2015 6:50:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My favorite thing to do on 4HO-MET is meditate in the dark. Heavy neon CEV's. The visuals change with the breath, neon lights That get brighter with more focus on my breath and music made by my head that I can control. Haven't done in a long time time though. I had a white out that scared me but I think it was because I hadn't eaten after going all day and redosing that evening. All went well until I smoked some herb. My blood pressure dropped and i passed out and woke up with my wife shaking me. I have heard of the same thing happening with herb and shrooms sometimes. Eating when you didn't feel like it was a great idea.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

nexalizer
#9 Posted : 6/13/2015 3:42:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a similar experience with 4aco, low blood pressure and feeling very weak. Didn't blackout, but was probably close..

It seems that eating some hours (4-6?) beforehand is a good idea with 4homet and 4acodmt.

It's weird because with acid for instance, no problem fasting 12h beforehand.

skoobysnax
#10 Posted : 6/14/2015 4:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
I had a similar experience with 4aco, low blood pressure and feeling very weak. Didn't blackout, but was probably close..

It seems that eating some hours (4-6?) beforehand is a good idea with 4homet and 4acodmt.

It's weird because with acid for instance, no problem fasting 12h beforehand.

When I was researching "whiteouts" afterward I read a couple of people who had similar reactions with shrooms right after cannabis, one guy was on a mountainbike. Bloodsugar drop. Funny thing thing, the one thing I forget to mention is that i had taked one bite into a reeses the moment before it happened. I remember thinking "Is this an allergic response"? I was already on the downslope from the redose, smoked some herb to sail in just before the reeses. Until that point it was one of my more profound experiences.

Before getting up to smoke I was working the meditation, in a bright almost blinding light behind my eyelids and I could feel energy coursing though the base of my spine up to my brain. It became very sensual, almost like haveing sex with light
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Infectedstyle
#11 Posted : 6/14/2015 8:12:42 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Infectedstyle wrote:
[...] 4-ho-mipt aka Micropin, [...]

Ha ha - that's a great anagram of miprocin!

Hmmhmm!! I think I'm attracted to the Micro- and like it better. Razz Some kind of quantum attachment that i like about it.

I think breathing might hold more clues than sugar for managing blood pressure. Even though eating has great benefits, like an Apple. Hmm Smile
Mushrooms can be very tasty with rice.

One really takes a good look at the pharmacology of LSD compared to Tryptamines. What comes to my mind is that LSD is much lower in dose-threshhold. Therefore it must be more subtle. I think of LSD as a re-arranger of the brain. While potent it's effects are very negligble.
While tryptamines come in there and shake things up a little. Very direct and straight to the psychological with somatic symptons, ime.

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 6/15/2015 2:16:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Infectedstyle wrote:
[...]

I think breathing might hold more clues than sugar for managing blood pressure. Even though eating has great benefits, like an Apple. Hmm Smile
Mushrooms can be very tasty with rice.

One really takes a good look at the pharmacology of LSD compared to Tryptamines. What comes to my mind is that LSD is much lower in dose-threshhold. Therefore it must be more subtle. I think of LSD as a re-arranger of the brain. While potent it's effects are very negligble.
While tryptamines come in there and shake things up a little. Very direct and straight to the psychological with somatic symptons, ime.

I've tried the fasting/mushrooms approach and 12h is definitely too long, leading to things becoming unnecessarily difficult!

What you say about breathing is definitely relevant; during an accidentally very heavy dose one time, breathing was all there was to stop things going very wrong indeed. It felt as though all my autonomic systems were suddenly put into my conscious control and fear-based thoughts were vying to take over completely. I could see how some people might act out these warped ideas and go completely berserk - a true reminder that such things are a massive responsibility and not to be taken lightly.

As regards LSD, maybe you've seen David Nichols' lecture (I'll find the link in a bit) where he compares the receptor actions of LSD, simple tryptamines and phenethylamines?

Here is a relevant screenshot:

As you can see, LSD has a much broader scope of action than the tryptamines. So you put that into layman's terms pretty effectively!
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
nichols_receptors#.jpg (80kb) downloaded 188 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 6/15/2015 4:04:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Also this: "5-HT2A receptors are concentrated in regions of the human infant medulla involved in respiratory and autonomic control." Paterson DS, Darnall R. Auton Neurosci. 2009 May 11;147(1-2):48-55. doi: 10.1016/j.autneu.2009.01.004. Epub 2009 Feb 12. (emphasis added)

somehow seems relevant to the previous comments.

nexalizer
#14 Posted : 6/16/2015 11:40:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Something I forgot to report: There was some noticeable vasoconstriction ('stim dick' ), though it wasn't bothersome at all; no shortness of breath or anything.

fluidfocus
#15 Posted : 6/17/2015 5:18:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a really nice trip report. Thanks

nexalizer
#16 Posted : 6/20/2015 12:24:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad you enjoyed fluidfocus Smile