We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Lindsay Lohan used ayahuasca to recover from her miscarriage Options

Nathanial.Dread
#81 Posted : 4/28/2014 10:29:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bindu wrote:
ah the celebrity craze.. how it even permeates my beloved nexus Rolling eyes

Why do people care about what someone does that literally has no connection to their own lives anyways?

I dont want to rant or offend anyone but it makes little sense to me in general...

Except if you casually jerk off to LL, then its oke i guess.

That's a very narrow minded way to look at it.

Lindsay Lohan is a public figure, and her words have consequences that directly impact those of us on the Nexus -- mainly, her bringing Ayahuasca into the sphere of public discourse means that more people are going to be talking about it, forming opinions about it and (quite possibly) deciding that they want to try it themselves. This could mean increased Ayahuasca tourism, damage to native Amazonian cultures and lands, increased purchasing of our sacramental ingredients and, worst case scenario, the Feds deciding that it's time to start paying more attention to DMT and DMT-containing preparations.

It would be a really sad day for The Nexus if the Ayahuasca vine and leaves became illegal because busybodies thought people shouldn't be buying it.

As nice as it would be to be aloof and above all such mundane things (as you seem to be trying to be), the fact of the matter is, we live in an interconnected world. All things affect all other things. We're not being celebrity news hounds, we're engaging with reality.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hug46
#82 Posted : 4/28/2014 11:53:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bindu wrote:
ah the celebrity craze.. how it even permeates my beloved nexus Rolling eyes

Why do people care about what someone does that literally has no connection to their own lives anyways?

How do you know that she has no connection? Maybe Lindsay decided to take ayahuasca after reading the Nexus. Maybe she decided to do it after reading one of your posts. Thereby cementing a symbiotic connection between yourself, via the Nexus, and celebrity culture.

ziggus
#83 Posted : 4/29/2014 12:05:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
To those suggesting that perhaps the DMT-Nexus might be appearing in search results and perhaps counter-balancing the inevitable media sh*tstorm, I cleared all my histories, cookies and logs, and then searched "Ayahuasca, Lindsay" and everything I got was different news websites recycling this same article over and over again:

I did the same and got the same results you did searching for "ayahuasca, lindsay" but if the search is for "lindsay lohan ayahuasca" this thread is the 7th link on the first page. IMHO, the latter form seems like a more natural search people would do.

f1
#84 Posted : 4/29/2014 12:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm with Jamie. Don't pretend your any different & not like -->

f1 attached the following image(s):
LL.jpg (652kb) downloaded 319 time(s).
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

#85 Posted : 5/13/2014 3:08:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

https://www.facebook.com/Author.GrahamHancock

Graham highlighted two of the articles, the one being Lindsay Lohan and the other in regards to the "days of our lives" actor who partook.

Just thought id share.

Ufostrahlen
#86 Posted : 5/13/2014 3:23:22 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Graham Hancock wrote:
Two really low-class terribly bad articles about Ayahuasca. I post them here only because they show how shallow, idiotic and stupid popular culture is in its coverage of this wonderful and extraordinary healing medicine

Dude's criticizing "shallow, idiotic and stupid popular culture" on Facebook ^^

Like.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

zhoro
#87 Posted : 10/23/2014 2:34:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An article on CNN today.

The Next Medical Marijuana?
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

DoingKermit
#88 Posted : 6/17/2015 12:16:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And now for some more news regarding Lohan and her life changing experience with this "new-age drug", as the article puts it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/...yahuasca-changed-5881729

Nathanial.Dread
#89 Posted : 6/17/2015 1:04:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
And now for some more news regarding Lohan and her life changing experience with this "new-age drug", as the article puts it.

Oh boy, looks like she's jumping right into the world of new-age-y cultural appropriation.

Snark aside though, I hope she's finally managed to find happiness, or at the very least, peace. I think the entertainment industry, and American culture at large really chewed her up.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Ufostrahlen
#90 Posted : 6/17/2015 7:14:28 AM

Quote:
The star's new loves are now meditation, ayahuasca and whole-body cryotherapy

You go girl! See ya on the Nexus! Don't forget to visit a floating tank, investigate binuaral beats and grow your own cacti!
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

hixidom
#91 Posted : 6/22/2015 5:48:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:
112233 wrote:
Just think if ayahuasca became the new Hollywood fad, with all the stars going to the Amazon and talking about their experiences.

I'm honestly pretty shocked and appalled by this sentiment. How is this positive? Who is this good for? The notion that DMT/ayahuasca are illegal because of a lack of celebrity endorsement simply does not hold up under scrutiny (hell, they're not even illegal due to a lack of scientific evidence). I honestly don't understand this perspective.

Uncle Knucles wrote:
How anyone can be celebrating an endorsement by Lindsay Lohan as anything remotely positive, I really don't understand.

This. 100%

That was a joke.

I'm chiming in super late here (and I know the attitude of the conversation has even shifted so as to make this paragraph unecessary), but I don't think it's that crazy. Obviously it's not ideal, but most people do idolize celebrities. They are heroes to the public (sad, I know), and I think their endorsement would be effective in shifting the views of many many people. Take another cause, like racism: If dozens of celebrities started speaking adamently to the public about the evils of racism, you wouldn't say "How is this positive?...". Again it's not the ideal activist voice you want but it's got to be at least some sort of small victory. Why not wait to rejoice at the public's response instead of tearing down one of the single most widely received positive messages about psychedelic drugs? Plus, I think this sort of celebrity endorsement is a one way street: Nobody who's considering ayahuasca is going to be turned off from it by a celebrity endoresement, people who are against it are going to remain against it, and people who don't know about ayahuasca will start considering it. All together, that's a net positive result I would imagine.

The Elle article though...Wow. I felt like I hadn't left the Nexus. Glowing, well-written, encouraging.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

wearepeople
#92 Posted : 6/26/2015 6:30:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The real atrocity is the poor quality of the article.

Maybe if someone knowledgeable on the topic of ayahuasca had interviewed her, we'd all be happy with the situation.

Just to put it out into the ether, someone should do a real interview with her and get that into mainstream.

If wishes did dishes,
wap

+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Ufostrahlen
#93 Posted : 6/26/2015 8:19:24 AM

wearepeople wrote:
Maybe if someone knowledgeable on the topic of ayahuasca had interviewed her, we'd all be happy with the situation.

I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned before, but why not a Nexian interview with her?

BundleflowerPower
#94 Posted : 6/26/2015 12:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
wearepeople wrote:

I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned before, but why not a Nexian interview with her?

I second this notion

Akasha224
#95 Posted : 6/29/2015 2:04:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been following this topic periodically since it's been posted, but I didn't realize the relevance that another topic I saw has to it:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=626547#post626547

So, a quick question to spiritually elite, enlightened folk whose intellect is infinitely superior to that of us mere cattle: do murderers & rapists not "deserve" Ayahuasca? I understand the point of directing negative attention towards those who use psychedelics, & the Nexus itself, but good God, you people are making Lindsay Lohan out to be the antichrist. I definitely expect some negativity and "Yeah, but..."'s to this post, but the amount of egoism & narcissism from some of the responses in this topic really is disappointing for such an "enlightened" place.

Ufostrahlen wrote:
I think some people drank Aya and smoked DMT and now believe they are in a special club, where they wish to have control over who is allowed to drink Aya and smoke DMT and who is not. And when they realize that it is beyond their control they get angry. It's an ego thing.

Probably the most intelligent thing that's been said thus far in this topic. Seriously.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

null24
#96 Posted : 12/30/2015 11:28:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

No, really. I couldn't find any misinformation in it. Huh. It's all over now

I knew this was old news. Really only referencing a well written rarity.

Thanks for moving though Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Leithen
#97 Posted : 12/31/2015 12:25:28 AM

Be Here Now

Very awesome to see some good publicity. Big grin

Celebrities saying good things about Ayahuasca is great too. Hopefully this makes people more interested and want to actually learn and expand! I am not usually a fan of publicity as it tends to turn things sour but hopefully this will work in our favor.
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

anne halonium
#98 Posted : 12/31/2015 12:18:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lindsay needs to join nexus and start a grow.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

«PREV345