We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lucia no. 3 psychedelic programmable light Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 2/23/2012 3:59:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

http://thecreatorsprojec...ychedelic-art-experience

I'm buying this when I am able to save enough money...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ganjaman
#2 Posted : 4/16/2013 5:26:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I get the chance to test this out in two weeks or so. A few friends told me, that this realy works.
Honestly i think this is hokus pokus voodoo, so i don't expect much!
Will let you know how it went!

SKA
#3 Posted : 4/16/2013 6:41:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They're claiming this to be their invention:
Quote:
The machine is the result of Dr. Proeckl and Dr. Winkler’s studies on the benefits of light and the effects it has had on their psychotherapeutic and neurologic practices with their clients. The first Lucia was a hacked coffee machine with the inner parts removed and some lamps and electronics put in instead. In an email exchange, Dr. Proeckl also said that, outside of their studies, they knew historically that light had played an important role in certain esoteric cultures.

How arrogant and dishonoust; This concept is quite a number of years old and was
designed by 2 artists named Brion Gysin & Ian Sommerville. Here's the article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine

How shameless to present it as a new idea, invented by them.
It's an intrueging phenomenon, but how shameless to take
credit for the work of another, forgotten artist.

Their Wishy washy explanation of how it works, rambling about the pineal gland is
nonsensical too. They haven't even mentioned Phosphenes in their "explanation".

My view is that these fake-artists stole an old idea, put it in a new coating &
take all the credit for it...and most of all: Get filthy rich selling you bullshit.

Bullshit because any cheap Disco-Strboscope will do the same trick, complete with
adjustable flash-speed. I once bought 1 such Stroboscope for about 5 euros.
What will this Lucia no.3 cost you? I bet at least 20 times more. Pleased

ganjaman
#4 Posted : 4/16/2013 7:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What will this Lucia no.3 cost you? I bet at least 20 times more. Pleased

You got me wrong. I'm not buying this thing but i get the chance to try it out.
I was told, that this thing costs about 1500€ Shocked
But i don't know it first hand. I can tell you the exact price in about two weeks.
I think that it is not more worth than 20€.

What i didn't know, is, that they sell a stolen idea! Bastards!

cyb
#5 Posted : 4/16/2013 7:31:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=412937#post412937

Cheeky buggers...Neutral
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

imPsimon
#6 Posted : 4/16/2013 8:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lifx, "The light bulb reinvented" has a strobe function that might be used as a dreamachine.

It's a led light bulb that you plug in to your normal lamp socket and can be controlled
with a smartphone.
It looks really neat. It's energy efficient, you can change the colour to anything you like, it's
dimmable, make it change colors to the music etc...

http://lifx.co

...unfortunately my phone is stupid=(

SKA
#7 Posted : 4/16/2013 10:41:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This Lifx may work, but can you adjust the flikker rate? And what would it cost?

I prefer to keep things as cheap & simple as possible. The 5 euro Stroboscope I mentioned
before is just perfect for inducing amazingly vivid, active & colorfull closed eye Visions.
The nature of the visions change in accordance to the flikker-rate, which is adjustable.
So really no need to spend more than 5 dollars. No need to have a smartphone either.
This cheap Stroboscope is perfect for the job.

This stroboscope is also perfect for kickstarting/stimulating visual hallucinations.
A non visual psychedelic experience may become very visual after pointing the strobe-light
at the ceiling & staring at the ceiling for a while. On acid I've seen the most miraculous
visions on my ceiling using my 5 euro stroboscope. Very happy

imPsimon
#8 Posted : 4/17/2013 3:30:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They dont state if the strobe is flickr adjustable in the kickstarter video so I don't
know and they haven't started shipping yet (first batch august, 2nd september?).
Do you have a link to the kind of strobe you have?

SKA
#9 Posted : 4/17/2013 11:19:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
They dont state if the strobe is flickr adjustable in the kickstarter video so I don't
know and they haven't started shipping yet (first batch august, 2nd september?).
Do you have a link to the kind of strobe you have?

Here's an image of a stroboscope somewhat similair to mine:

The one I have is longer and flatter and the flash-tube is long and thin, but it's
essentially the same thing. They can be found in audio/music-equipment stores where
they sell DJ-equipment like turntables, amps, Showlights & smoke machines too.

hexagonal
#10 Posted : 5/27/2015 10:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

come on now.. i am expecting the N3 to be woefully overpriced, but to say a 5 dollar strobe will deliver the same effects is ridiculous.

null24
#11 Posted : 5/31/2015 4:02:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I have used flickering light to induce hallucination since i was a kid. Riding in the car, if the sum was at the right place behind trees that are spaced just right, I'd close my eyes and point my head out the window. Within seconds, kaleidoscopic visions, and if it could go in long enough, dream like images.

There's an online flash dream machine, but a monitor isn't bright enough. There are also plans on the web to build one's own, complete with a template for the light tube.

I'm without doubt that anyone doing any research into strobes and their effect on consciousness would run into Gyson's work. Boo to the 'dr.' Who failed to mention it.

Btw, yeah this technology is all free, depending on your handiness level.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 6/3/2015 12:25:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have experimented with a strobe light at different frequencies and this Lucia light a few times, and the latter was an entirely different order of experience, MUCH more psychedelic, incredible patterns and colours, and far more expansive and multifaceted in effect than a simple strobe, I was impressed with how far a light alone could take you. Would be amazing to combine with a psychedelic I think. These Lucia lights are very expensive though and I've heard you can make one yourself very cheaply.

Here is something else related in development.

http://pandorastar.co.uk/introduction/

...and not really on the same level as these, but much cheaper and comes recommended by some people for helping get in the right preparatory state for OBE's, and meant to be deeply relaxing and meditative...the flashing of the lights is synchronized to the music, and you can upload your own albums and tracks which sounds quite cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Mi...ynthesizer/dp/B00GU1W8AS

slewb
#13 Posted : 6/9/2015 6:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
I've heard you can make one yourself very cheaply.

Please share. That's exactly what I thought when I saw this. I have experience soldering things and typing things into computers. Honestly when I first heard about this sort of thing, specifically this product, I thought to myself "wow that sounds like the biggest new age scam out there right now." But hey, if there is a way to make something similar cheaply, then I would try it out. Through my uninformed eyes it seems that all that would be required (aside from basic parts) is a light and a microprocessor?

marz
#14 Posted : 6/10/2015 12:54:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there are so cool my friend is a owner of one i am testing around with it while on weed,DMT,LSD,mesc and looking into the light when tripping with makes things why more instance but is still way way cool sober with is the best part.....

"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

MaNoMaNoM
#15 Posted : 6/10/2015 5:01:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

iam not seeing anything special here, it looks like a strobelight on a stick.
Can someone explain technical differences between this and a stroblight?
They do not explain in their article, just a bunch of words that say nothing.
...................................................................................................................
Off topic have y'all seen the time fountain? i want to make one but... lol.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE