We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What water pipe to get for Salvia? Options

durr7
#1 Posted : 6/4/2015 8:42:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Smile

I've been researching Salvia Divinorum (as I plan on using it soon) and now I've come to the point where I need to purchase a water pipe so I can do so.

One problem I find is that when browsing the internet for bongs/water pipes, nearly every review says "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER, GIVES AWESOME HITS" or something along those lines. And me being inexperienced with this (I've only smoke once in my life, and that was long ago), I don't really know what to look for haha, or what is considered the best quality for my budget. I figured since you guys are experienced with Salvia smoking and such, you could point out a good one for me.

My budget is $50 by the way. I don't care about looks or anything, just functionality and quality/sturdiness etc..

I heard that it is best if the bong can hold ice in it as well as water, because Salvia smoke burns real hot. I also heard that I'd want the bong and its piece to be made of glass. I also heard that I'd want screens (or something similar) for packing Salvia in the piece, because it is small and will fall through the hole if I don't have one (I've never packed anything for a bong or pipe or what have it, so idunno). And, as far as that goes, I think I have 4 options being: brass, steel, stainless steel, and glass. I'd go with stainless steel ones or glass. Glass ones look weird though and seems they don't work for some people.

I've got a gram of 5x extract and 10x standardized extract, and a scale that is accurate up to 1mg, so I'm going to follow the guidance of the "All About Salvia Dosing" sticky thread. I'll be following these guidelines when smoking it as well ( http://www.shroomery.org.../18723870/fpart/all/vc/1 ).

TL;DR
What water pipe should I get for smoking Savia Divinorum on a budget of $50? ._.
Thank you so much. Pleased

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 6/4/2015 8:54:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a decent glass one with a medium size cone and some stainless steel screens. 30cm ish size. Smaller is fine too there wont be much extract to load.
Use a torch lighter, the smoke isnt harsh or hot but is an aquired taste. Tastes a bit like tea leaves.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 6/4/2015 4:19:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would go with something like this: http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/glass-ice-bong-1.html#.VXBrJ-G0LfM
Even this one would be fine: http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/glass-ice-bong.html#.VXBrxeG0LfM

A bong that holds ice is always good. I never use screens in glass bongs/pipes, but I always pack a little Salvia leaf or some other herb in the bottom of the bowl. It's all personal preference I suppose. I just hate messing with screens and I don't particularly like those glass screens either so I've always made due without one.

Good luck on your purchase!

travsha
#4 Posted : 6/4/2015 4:52:26 PM

Share Love ~

Ice holders are nice. Thicker glass is also a nicer smoke and wont break easy. I never use screens either.... Any bong should work fine really.

I cant smoke Salvia though... Ever since I tried chewing the leaves I will never smoke her again - chewing the leaves is nicer in every single regard for me. I dont like the concentrated extracts either - too expensive and totally unnecessary. I had better smoking experiences with plain leaf, and chewing is 100 times better then smoking either for me....

Good luck with Salvia - she is one of my favorite teachers! If you have a bad experience with her it is probably because you smoked her and I would wait to judge her until you try chewing!

durr7
#5 Posted : 6/5/2015 12:04:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
I would go with something like this: http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/glass-ice-bong-1.html#.VXBrJ-G0LfM
Even this one would be fine: http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/glass-ice-bong.html#.VXBrxeG0LfM

A bong that holds ice is always good. I never use screens in glass bongs/pipes, but I always pack a little Salvia leaf or some other herb in the bottom of the bowl. It's all personal preference I suppose. I just hate messing with screens and I don't particularly like those glass screens either so I've always made due without one.

Good luck on your purchase!

Thank you.

Sooo, I've been shopping around and these are the competitors for my purchase:
http://www.brotherswithg...ter-Pipe-p/bwg-grgfb.htm
http://www.brotherswithg...-Rasta-p/bwg-0826-ra.htm
http://www.brotherswithg...e-p/bwg-biowpgg00371.htm
http://www.brotherswithg...p/bwg-tcgc1238jbggcc.htm

Are they all good deals? Any one of them being the better out of the 4?

Thank you so much for your input. Pleased

EDIT:
I've decided to get this:
http://www.brotherswithg...e-p/bwg-biowpgg00371.htm

I hope it all goes well. Smile

Metanoia
#6 Posted : 6/5/2015 3:59:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The one you decided on looks perfect Thumbs up Any of those four choices would've been fine actually Laughing

starway6
#7 Posted : 6/6/2015 3:17:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
Ice holders are nice. Thicker glass is also a nicer smoke and wont break easy. I never use screens either.... Any bong should work fine really.

I cant smoke Salvia though... Ever since I tried chewing the leaves I will never smoke her again - chewing the leaves is nicer in every single regard for me. I dont like the concentrated extracts either - too expensive and totally unnecessary. I had better smoking experiences with plain leaf, and chewing is 100 times better then smoking either for me....

Good luck with Salvia - she is one of my favorite teachers! If you have a bad experience with her it is probably because you smoked her and I would wait to judge her until you try chewing!

Ive never had what could be called a really bad salvia experiance...

ive smoked salvia extracts many times and often had a very good experiance...

I use smaller doses combined with good music and good attitude and my results are more positive...

Show the sheperdess respect.. [dont do huge doses]..and she will be gentle on you and take you places you will want to return to...

Salvia extracts are VERY powerfull . a little is all you need...

I think too many people take too much overwhelming themselves causing a bad trip..
...be responsable....the correct dose can take you places without freaking you out...

durr7
#8 Posted : 6/7/2015 3:30:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
travsha wrote:

Ive never had what could be called a really bad salvia experiance...

ive smoked salvia extracts many times and often had a very good experiance...

I use smaller doses combined with good music and good attitude and my results are more positive...

Show the sheperdess respect.. [dont do huge doses]..and she will be gentle on you and take you places you will want to return to...

Salvia extracts are VERY powerfull . a little is all you need...

I think too many people take too much overwhelming themselves causing a bad trip..
...be responsable....the correct dose can take you places without freaking you out...

I was thinking about posting this in a new thread, but I figured I'd post here instead. :b

So, I got my bong in the mail earlier today (that was fast haha) and then prepared for doing Salvia. First I made the setting of my room right, put a blanket over the window to stop the daylight from coming in, and lit a candle. I had some music on, but it was quiet, and I don't really recall listening to it on the trip.

I pre-weighed 100mg and 50mg doses of Salvia 5x extract. I put ice in my bongs tube.

Anyway, I first put the 100mg dose into my bong bowl. I had a stopwatch ready so I could count 30 seconds to hold it in. I got my mini-torch and lit it up, took a big hit, then lied on my bed and held it in for ~30 seconds.

The first thoughts that entered my mind were "wow, this is really hard to hold in." That stuff doesn't taste very good haha.

Afterwards my eyes started feeling tingly, with my eyes closed I could see a circle with dark colors and patterns (it wasn't very vivid), and it had a wave like affect affect going around the circle that pronounced the patterns. My thoughts were a little obscured but not very much. I remember thinking things, then looking at my thoughts from a 3rd person perspective, like I had a different self outside of myself, then thinking "huh, that's different." I'm very introvert so that isn't necessarily unusual, though.

Around 3 minutes later (I knew it was 3 minutes because I got up and saw it on my stopwatch that was still going) I decided the affects weren't as strong as they should be, so I put the 50mg dose of 5x extract in my bong and took that too. My perception of time was extremely obfuscated, as the 3 minutes went by in seemingly an instant. I also got up at a point after that and saw the stop watch said 8 minutes, and that seemed like an instant as well. The 50mg dose didn't do much except pronounce the sensitive feeling of my body.

My body felt very sensitive throughout the trip, mostly through the end of it. It didn't really occur in my limbs though (arms/legs), they felt normal. When I touched my chest it almost felt like that particular area where I was touching was getting splashed with cold water, but the feeling came from under my skin. The outside of my skin still felt warm (it's around 70-90 degrees F here). However, the sensation felt very nice if I just stayed in one place without moving. It just felt like it was "too much" if I touched my chest or stomach.

I just lied there for a long time, didn't really feel like moving, and then I just fell asleep for an hour or two. I woke up a little bit ago.

When I woke up I cleaned my bong and noticed there was small white crystal like residue in the tube where the ice was sitting (the ice had melted by this time). Could it be that some of the Salvinorin A condensed (perhaps from the ice) onto the tube, and that's why my trip wasn't as strong as it should've been?

Anyway, that's my trip. I plan to try again in a day or two.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 6/7/2015 7:36:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds very much like my first few experiences with Salvia. I always smoke before bed because for some reason it really makes me tired. Or at least very relaxed and I want to sleep afterwards.

You've just barely grazed the surface, it goes much, much deeper Thumbs up

Oh, it's pretty unlikely that the residue is salvinorin. Salvinorin isn't water soluble so it won't condense in a bong like that.