We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV910111213NEXT»
Movie bin Options

DeltaSpice
#201 Posted : 4/29/2015 7:58:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm watching a Japanese film at the moment called R100, really funny.
The best latest film I've seen is American Sniper because of Bradley Coopers acting , his film Limitless was an amazing film too.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MaNoMaNoM
#202 Posted : 5/4/2015 3:54:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exile<wiered scifi fantacy, and the alien 'angels' look very similar to the rock angels in Noah <also good.

EDIT: <i had to ad this one is funny, it's such a beautiful day, like a zoloft commercial made into a movie.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

a1pha
#203 Posted : 5/16/2015 8:55:09 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Ex Machina

Absolutely blown away by the quality of this film. From the writer of 28 Days Later, this is his directorial debut.
Dark. Intelligent. Thought-provoking. So many good things to say. Watch it! Pleased
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

hug46
#204 Posted : 5/16/2015 9:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
Ex Machina

Absolutely blown away by the quality of this film. From the writer of 28 Days Later, this is his directorial debut.
Dark. Intelligent. Thought-provoking. So many good things to say. Watch it! Pleased

I"ve been looking forward to this coming out. Will definitely go and see it.

hixidom
#205 Posted : 5/20/2015 10:49:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Ex Machina

I second that. This movie is brilliant, a future "classic" sci-fi movie as far as I'm concerned. Movies like this help to establish/define cultural views on AI. I hope to see more cerebral AI movies like this in the future.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Creo
#206 Posted : 5/21/2015 1:36:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
Ex Machina

An amazing film.

With some beautiful lines from the Bhagavad Gita:

In sleep,
in confusion,
in the depths of shame,
The good deeds
a man has done before
defend him.

darklordsson
#207 Posted : 5/21/2015 6:47:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got done with "Interstellar", beautiful piece but frightening at the same time. Crazyness, lol

DiMoiTou
#208 Posted : 5/21/2015 10:00:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The movie I watched two days ago was really cool, called "Mall". some OEVs inside. Wink
It may be not as great as it could have been...but still very worth watching.

Also watched Musarañas recently, cool one too.

I'm keeping Interstellar for a special occasion. Drool
The home cinema room needs some spring cleaning first. Big grin Yeah, late spring, I know... Embarrased

hug46
#209 Posted : 5/22/2015 7:11:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw Ex machina the other day and i liked it. It did"nt blow me away but it was better than Inter-bloody-stella, which i feel is a bit over-rated and has more holes in the plot than the Titanic (ok, so maybe the Titanic only had one hole in it, but it was a pretty big one).

I have seen a few AI films lately. I have actually been banned by her indoors from watching any more. I saw Automata. All these AI films are very distopian and dark. With AI it seems that either they are going to be horrible to us or we are going to be horrible to them. I don"t think that they are a good advert for intelligence. Whether it be human or artificial.
I enjoyed Chappie, it was by the same director as District 9.
Blade runner has got to be the best AI film i have seen. The ending is great.

Enoon
#210 Posted : 5/23/2015 1:23:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

So I just watched a few movies recently recommended here in this thread.

-Ex Machina was pretty good, interesting, entertaining.
-Interstellar I liked even though it had some problems, but somehow I found it touching and interesting.

-Lazarus Effect I found terrible, a pet semetary remake in a lab setting and add on some DMT... No imagination IMO.
-Jupiter Rising - I really expected more from this movie. The visual effects were awesome, but the whole characters were so cliché it made my head hurt. The idea behind the story is interesting but the story itself has no subtlety and no depth, and nothing that really intrigues.

-I origins - really blew me away in the best of all senses. It was intelligent, emotional and philosophical with believable characters and good story telling, where you weren't really sure in which direction the story was headed. I'm so glad I watched this movie.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

DeltaSpice
#211 Posted : 5/29/2015 9:21:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm watching a film called "The Lazarus Effect".
I watch films in quarters, so a film lasts a week or so for me, I cant be bothered with a whole film, I have better things to do.
They keep going on about DMT, its bugging me, I wish they would shut up about it.
Apparently when you die it floods your brain , according to this film. See irritating .
I'm only watching it because I'm in love with Olivia Wild Love

hixidom
#212 Posted : 6/1/2015 3:43:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cat Soup

Oh my god...Why the heck had I never heard of this before?

fluidfocus
#213 Posted : 6/1/2015 7:49:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Watched "I Origins" and "Ex Machina" this weekend based on recommendations from this thread. Both very solid, thanks guys! Thumbs up

Def going to review here for other picks

DansMaTete
#214 Posted : 6/3/2015 3:05:27 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Metanoia wrote:
Another great film I just watched, "Coherence"

Just saw it and a quick search shows you mentioned it already but i bump it up cause if someone wants to flip his mind with a movie, it's a good one.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

darklordsson
#215 Posted : 6/3/2015 7:13:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
-I origins - really blew me away in the best of all senses. It was intelligent, emotional and philosophical with believable characters and good story telling, where you weren't really sure in which direction the story was headed. I'm so glad I watched this movie.

Saw that movie too! Found it amazingThumbs up

DoingKermit
#216 Posted : 6/3/2015 2:42:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also loved I Origins. Awesome film!

I saw the new Mad Max last week... it was really good but whatever you do, do not watch it in 3D and definitely don't watch it in the front row of an IMAX. It's basically one long action sequence and in 3D it's hard to tell what's going on at times. Other than that, it was an amazing movie.

Chappie was probably one of the worst films I've seen in a while. It seems like they spent all their money on the visual effects (which were amazing) than the script itself. Acting was ok at times, but overall seemed lazy. The end made me laugh out loud it was that bad.

Swarupa
#217 Posted : 6/3/2015 3:04:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've got I Origins lined up to watch soon, may even give it a go tonight, good to know so many people rate it Smile

Jupiter Ascending i couldn't get into myself but watched Ex-Machina last night and liked it quite a bit, spoiler alert... I thought the blood at the end was unecessary but it is hollywood after all, i should be surprised it took that long to get violent Rolling eyes

I also saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a few days ago and it is a really great movie, i figured out how it was going to come back around and end about 15 minutes in but still a great little film

TGO
#218 Posted : 6/3/2015 6:05:43 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Chronic wrote:
I also saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a few days ago and it is a really great movie, i figured out how it was going to come back around and end about 15 minutes in but still a great little film

I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Jim Carrey's performance is beautiful not to mention it is a very trippy movie. Navigating the mind while memories disappear is pretty interesting and I feel they did a great job of portraying/filming that. It is a heart warming tale with some tear jerking moments! One of my all time favorites!

Thumbs up
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

TGO
#219 Posted : 6/20/2015 4:32:10 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

cellux wrote:
The same as the "Book bin", but for movies.

I'd start with one of my recent favorites:

Death Note (japanese anime series)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXvkYp2Gd3k

This is the story of a bright high school student, who one day lays his hands on a "Death Note" which somehow fell from the sky. The Death Note has an attached instruction manual, which states that if someone's name is written in the book, that person will die. The student tries it in an experiment and it works. The rest of the story is about his way to become the new "God" of this rotten world - and about the myriad ways how a well-intended spiritual quest can go wrong because of the Ego.

Exceptionally good stuff.

(After you watched the first 26 episodes, I recommend to stop there. The rest is not bad, but unnecessary.)

I love Death Note! I recently bought it in DVD form. Yes, it is on Netflix but it was so good I felt it necessary to buy a hard copy! If anyone has not watched this and you enjoy anime, this is a must see! Love
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

hixidom
#220 Posted : 6/20/2015 5:09:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Death Note (japanese anime series)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXvkYp2Gd3k

Death Note is definitely worth checking out. I don't watch anime (not on principle) and I loved it. As far as I'm concerned, it's up there with Breaking Bad.

«PREV910111213NEXT»