We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cannabis OBE Options

Fright&Hatred
#1 Posted : 6/1/2015 2:45:31 AM

Don't worry, B. Caapi.

Setting: 10-12pm ~one year ago
Administered substances: 2-3 bowls of cannabis; possibly small amount of alcohol

This very strange thing happened to me one night after smoking cannabis. A couple friends and I were having a little throwback at one of our places having a couple drinks and talking it over. One nods to the other then nod to me. Looks like we're about to light up Big grin

We didn't want to get our friends house smelly as some there don't smoke, so we go outside, take a walk, pack a bowl, and pass around the circle of the three of us. I get about 3 good hits and call it quits, since I wanted to drink a bit more. On the walk back I remember thinking I should've taken a bit more as I didn't feel much.

We return to the house and resume as normal. All of a sudden, my heart starts beating faster and faster until it's racing. I feel a huge body load. My vision is fading as everything turns from yellow to orange to red and there's a mirage effect (like when you can see the heat in the desert) over everything. People's voices start fade and I hear nothing. I enter this dream-like world I can only describe as a vast emptiness with one enormous entity staring down at me (though I don't sense my body) as it charges a light beam from its mouth and shines it down into me (see my avatar for my depiction of it). I am filled with the thought that I am an angel...? That I am chosen for some greater unearthly task...? In an instant I'm back in the room and everything is a hazy red again. An overwhelming feeling comes over me like I can't handle what's going on. I retreat to outside without saying a word and vomit. I feel much better now and go back inside.

What on earth just happened. My first thought is that the weed was spiked as it was a friends, not mine, but that would mean they smoked it too. Also, I know them well enough to know not only do they not have a connect to get much more than cannabis, but why would they spike it in the first place? Or, if they did, why to me? I actually believed they may have used salvia or DMT in it, but these effect were about 4-5 minutes after taking the first hit so I don't think that was it.

After that night, I just write it off as being really high and possibly hyperventilating maybe? It was a crazy experience to say the least! Laughing I've never had something like cannabis take me that far.

Anyone else have really strange experiences like this? Surprised

“...Know what you're using, decide just why you're using it, and you can have a rich experience. They're not addictive, and they're certainly not escapist, either, but they're exceptionally valuable tools for understanding the human mind, and how it works.” ― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 6/1/2015 10:01:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting experience. I remember seeing a survey conducted on out of body experiences and different groups, mainly students, but there was a survey conducted for cannabis users and 40% of them reported having experienced an OBE, which was the highest of any of the groups sampled. I can't find the original source for this study but it's definitely out there.

I've had two interesting OBE like experiences when stoned. One time, years ago now, I was stoned and trying to fall asleep. I was very physically relaxed but mentally buzzing. Very suddenly my consciousness, or my centre of awareness seemed to rise up and out of my head. This was VERY unexpected at the time and the shock of this snapped me out of the experience before I really went anywhere which I consider a shame in retrospect but at the time I had no idea what was happening to me! Another time, just before New Year, I was relaxing in bed again (so similar situation), stoned, had had a beer or two and was listening to binaural beats...was trying to deeply relax to get into a pre OBE state but really not expecting much as it seems alcohol diminishes the focus required. However at some point, quite suddenly, it felt like my head became connected to an invisible power line, and was surging with raw electrical energy...very powerful feeling but there was no pain involved. Sensations like this seem to be very common immediately proceeding an OBE, I think this is the vibrational state. I relaxed into the feeling, and the intensity seemed to lessen in some way, and right after this I felt something very tangibly float up off my body. But whatever that was, my conscious awareness remained in my body. So yeah, two interesting OBE like experience and I was stoned on both occasions.

travsha
#3 Posted : 6/1/2015 10:43:57 PM

Share Love ~

I often use cannabis as an aid for journey work (what some call astral projection). I especially get good results when I combine a little mapacho (amazonian tobacco) - about 90% cannabis with just a little tobacco.

I will pray to me herb, ask it a question or set my intention, then smoke and let the smoke carry me away on a journey...

I have even done this when doing distance style healing work with clients - helps me see them and connect with them, and I have had powerful results this way where we would share similar visions even though we didnt talk about it till the next day and had never met before!

Pretty common for me to have deep psychedelic like journeys with just cannabis though - its been happening to me for about 9 years now (started smoking 15 years ago).