We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can San Pedro be extracted in alcohol like other psycoactivce herbs? Options

crakkbakk
#1 Posted : 6/16/2009 8:11:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I posted this at another forum but didn't receive an adequate answer.

I understand that it would require a lot of alcohol, but is it possible to make a concentrated extract of San Pedro or Peruvian Torch by soaking it in alcohol for a week and evaporating? Or even making a tincture?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 6/16/2009 8:56:02 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yes - its possible - but it is not the best way to do things at all.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#3 Posted : 6/16/2009 9:02:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried many times and got horrible yields. It's best to do an STB.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 6/16/2009 9:20:38 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

well 69Ron's drytek is almost just as easy and the final product is far more desirable than a ball of miffgoo.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

ommani
#5 Posted : 6/23/2009 2:54:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder how well it would work to brew up some cactus tea > reduce it to 50 or 100ml > add some grain alcohol > let it sit for 24 hours, shaking periodically > put the cactus tea-alcohol mix in the freezer > let the tea freeze, and pour off the alcohol > repeat a few more times and reduce the alcohol down...

nibpack
#6 Posted : 6/23/2009 5:50:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are alcohol cactus teks that leave you having to ingest several lumps of horrible sticky tarlike junk. I wouldn't bother, use 69rons awesome limonene tek.
"My shoes are so far away from me, man I can't believe it!"

DreaMTripper
#7 Posted : 6/23/2009 2:21:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You lose LOADS with the IPA method Im sure , a freind told me recently it was a horrible experience the IPA is soo fumagating and although the end product didnt taste that bad the trip was very mild with no visuals,just not worth it, that was from 25g..

69ron
#8 Posted : 6/23/2009 6:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The mescaline in the cactus is a salt and is not very soluble in alcohol.

Mescaline HCl is completely insoluble in IPA!
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.