We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
coleus brumeii Options

Espiridion
#1 Posted : 6/17/2009 2:30:52 AM

--who.??..ME??--

Did I spell that right? EDIT: Coleus Brumei :::::
This is a very common houseplant for me not to hear of it until recently. I would think a troll alert were in order if there were not so many experience reports via Erowid!

I understand it is COMMON and PLEASANT...Two reasons for a bioassay.

I will let you know soon...

Anyone else walk this path?

Thanks and Peace,

J
Espiridion attached the following image(s):
800px-Coleus_blumei.jpg (157kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
coleus.jpg (44kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
Coleuzs.jpg (24kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 6/17/2009 6:34:40 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Coleus Blumei

tried it a number of ways a number of times - nothing to report.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

arimane
#3 Posted : 6/17/2009 6:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is a Coleus Blumei.

I’ve tried to make a water extract many grams of dried plant (10, or more), and had a little alkaloid rush that was definetly not placebo (I wasn’t the only who had it), but nothing more.

A friend tried to smoke it, and nothing

After that, we stopped killing coleus and nothing was gained.

Bad, bad english

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 6/17/2009 7:25:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm would be interested to hear about anyone's experiences with this plant...a lot of Erowid reports seem to report activity..but no clear picture, very little seems to be known about it really, although it is used in folk medicine but not as a hallucinogen in some parts of the world.

It is often stated that the Mazatec use this plant as a stand in for Salvia divinorum...but I think this a quite-widely-accepted-urban-myth with no basis...I think the Mazatec appreciate the plants beauty, and its obvious family resemblance to Salvia, but that is it I believe.

gigaschatten
#5 Posted : 6/18/2009 12:26:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
It is often stated that the Mazatec use this plant as a stand in for Salvia divinorum...

Well, in that case... anyone tried chewing the leaves?
God is dreaming us.

MagikVenom
#6 Posted : 6/18/2009 12:49:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
Coleus Blumei

tried it a number of ways a number of times - nothing to report.

Yep I am with you on that fresh dried smoked extract oral extract nothing. This plant is very common and has may variations and clones one of these may be active. Salvia D on the other hand was cultivated by man in seceret locations for hundreds of years so much so that it had almost lost the ability to produce seeds. It has been cloned from cuttings for hundreds of years so all Sally D plants most likely came from a small number of genetic parents. There may have been inactive salvia D plants but they are now extinct because they were not cultivated by man.

Some of the datura tress shamans use are not reconizable to botanists because they have been cloned from cuttings for such a long time that they have traits that do not exist in currently living wild specimins or vice versa

Sometimes I will put a few leaves in a San P brew as that is how it was used by south american shamans but I notice no notable effects.

M.V.

Kannamate
#7 Posted : 6/18/2009 3:36:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I read they must be fresh for most activity.The best reports I read were very high doses, one made a salad of lots of leaves and ate them.

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 6/18/2009 6:00:32 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

tried it a number of times a number of ways - if stuffed my face with 100 massive leaves more than once - the taste is not anywere near bad so swim doesnt mind doing it again.
I think that there are certain colored varieties that would be more potent and quidding may be a good idea - back in the day when salvia was emerging ppl werent getting fx from it either - ppl thought it was bunk worldwide - either they mis id'd the plant back in the day and there is some other mint member thats active that we dont know about - or - we just havent figured out how to use this yet.
anyone tried the other one Coleus Pumila ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

imPsimon
#9 Posted : 6/18/2009 11:58:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried it on several occasions and from smoking several of pipes loaded to the edge, all I got was a small inclining (getting hotter and sweaty) that something was happening.
...wont try it again, I think it's better of in my window soaking in the sun. =)

arimane
#10 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:26:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gigaschatten wrote:
Bancopuma wrote:
It is often stated that the Mazatec use this plant as a stand in for Salvia divinorum...

Well, in that case... anyone tried chewing the leaves?

I've tried, 20+ leaves, nothing to report except I don't really like the taste

Quote:
This plant is very common and has may variations and clones one of these may be active.

That's a good point. Coleus are full of hybrids, variations ecc., could be that the original two (Blumei and Pumila) had a particoular strong strain.
Difficioult to find, I guess.
Quote:

It is often stated that the Mazatec use this plant as a stand in for Salvia divinorum...but I think this a quite-widely-accepted-urban-myth with no basis

I've read of this in the Plants of the Gods book, a sort of psychoactive plants encyclopedia from Hofmann, Sultes ecc.
Was saying that, in the mesoamerican population, Salvia D. was like the woman, Coleus Pumeli the man, Coleus Blumei the little baby, and all of them psychoactive (with no clear chemical-experimental references)
Quote:

anyone tried the other one Coleus Pumila ?

Looked for it, but nothing. Have you?
Bad, bad english

PsilocybeChild
#11 Posted : 6/22/2009 11:16:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

took the biggest leaf from each of about 6 plants. (2 plants each of 3 different strains and/or species). double boiled the leaves. the second time adding a splash of lemon juice to raise PH. definite dreaminess. really chill. some minor visual distortions. some seemingly aphrodisiac qualities. subtle. not really worth the bitter taste >_<. my opinion is that it is psychoactive but more info needs to be discovered about preperation and species and variants.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

arimane
#12 Posted : 6/23/2009 2:03:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

raise the PH with lemon juice?
did you mean to pull down the ph?

Interesting, anyway, that you had some feelings. I also think it is psychoactive, but the preparation and the strain have to be clarified.

I'll try out maybe to make a low ph extraction, it's a good point =)

Also, an alcool tinture can be an interesting thing
Bad, bad english