We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Caapi tea help Options

starway6
#21 Posted : 5/22/2015 4:22:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

one last atempt for an opinion ...

Can caapi..[leafe or vine].. be boiled filtered then boiled down to a paste then dryed into a storable powder for later use?

Would it maintain its potency in a dryed powder form apearing much like instant coffie?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jees
#22 Posted : 5/22/2015 8:16:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
...Would it maintain its potency in a dryed powder form apearing much like instant coffie?
My opinion, yes is okay for potency. I did that with mimosa tea few times, but the powder took soon air humidity to become rubber-ish, loosing dryness again.
For storage you can just flip some reduced aya portions in the freezer, looks easier.
For making "unreduced tea" later you can simply dilute with water and the gnarly taste of the concentrated aya will become good again like initial unreduced tea.

Boiling time can be really reduced by making wood finer. Fine powdered aya vine saves a huge amount of boiling time.

On regular base I drop some like 5 gr of raw powdered vine in a cup and gulp it down. No boiling time at all, and no bad taste either. Stomach makes for a fine extraction machine. Max 10 gr this way, as the powder then begins to become heavy on the transit.

skoobysnax wrote:
...Personally I would say do the tao of rue extraction found in the WIKI and go with 30mg sublingual harmala extract. For what you are seeking it sound like what I found to work for me....
My idea as well, I've a pot with capsules 50mg rueHCL ready to ingest for that purpose.

starway6
#23 Posted : 5/22/2015 9:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
starway6 wrote:
...Would it maintain its potency in a dryed powder form apearing much like instant coffie?
My opinion, yes is okay for potency. I did that with mimosa tea few times, but the powder took soon air humidity to become rubber-ish, loosing dryness again.
For storage you can just flip some reduced aya portions in the freezer, looks easier.
For making "unreduced tea" later you can simply dilute with water and the gnarly taste of the concentrated aya will become good again like initial unreduced tea.

Boiling time can be really reduced by making wood finer. Fine powdered aya vine saves a huge amount of boiling time.

On regular base I drop some like 5 gr of raw powdered vine in a cup and gulp it down. No boiling time at all, and no bad taste either. Stomach makes for a fine extraction machine. Max 10 gr this way, as the powder then begins to become heavy on the transit.

skoobysnax wrote:
...Personally I would say do the tao of rue extraction found in the WIKI and go with 30mg sublingual harmala extract. For what you are seeking it sound like what I found to work for me....
My idea as well, I've a pot with capsules 50mg rueHCL ready to ingest for that purpose.

Thank you!
I think an air tight jar should keep the cappi powder dry! Thumbs up

PREV12