We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Entheogenic wisdom within Media's and Entertainment/Art Options

Just Say Know
#1 Posted : 5/22/2015 6:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So i've had a lot of new and interesting idea's for a few threads. i've decided to tackle one at a time but this is the one i wanted to work on first-hand.

i wanted to create a thread that has a purpose of pointing out, analyzing, and discussing various "lessons" taught through storytelling, art, or virtually any form of media. it could be a cartoon, movie, show, book, video game, specific piece of art (assuming an individual has access to pic's), or virtually anything. this is a broad topic considering the vastness of Entheogens and the vastness of lessons those Entheogens can compel a person to experience. these types of lessons can virtually reshape some perspectives we have about our world. it only makes sense that some individuals will indeed pass it on through Media.

Some Guidelines: so feel free to tackle your own submissions to this thread in whatever way you feel necessary. however i'm going to mention a few guidelines i'm going to follow in order to organize my discussion of a few media's i feel are explicit with Entheogenic wisdom.

I will first mention the particular media and point out sections that hold such Entheogenic knowledge. then i will discuss what entheogen i feel has inspired this (with the idea in mind that it may simply be coincidence; i.e. i will simply speculate). then i will explain how the message has taught me something and evaluate whether or not that message was desensitized to the consumer.

by no means do you have to follow my guidelines and feel free to structure your submissions however it is that you please Big grin

P.S. for the most part i think i will limit myself to original posts once a week. i think this will help me to focus on structure. this doesn't include contributing to other discussions however. however if an emergency come's up and i feel the need to seek the nexus's advice i believe i'll most likely post regardless for informational purposes.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Just Say Know
#2 Posted : 5/22/2015 7:20:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to start this by mentioning Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. This is a cartoon that has directly mentioned DMT (Quote from Finn in the episode "the real you": "Their brains are releasing Dopamine, Adrenaline, and Dimethyltryptamine from the Pineal Gland."

it is very clear what entheogen may or may not have inspired this show. i will however mention that all credit to creativity directly goes to Pendelton Ward (the creator) and not an Entheogen in particular. i only remember from someone telling me about this; that someone had asked Pen if drugs had inspired his show and he was fairly offended because it was implying that the drug did the creative work for him when he clearly worked hard. now Pen might actually just be mentioning DMT simply because he believes that the natural DMT in our brains plays a role in behavior. i don't necessarily believe he's mentioning DMT to brainwash children (even though a large portion of AT's audience is adults and teens) into using DMT or knowing about it. i just wanted to explain where i'm going with this in order to avoid discrediting the show as a valuable source of Entertainment and storytelling. i definitely don't want anyone to catch wind of this and think "ohh that's so horrible!" just because the show mentions a naturally occurring chemcial found in the brain (and speculated to be found in the Pineal).

A.T. with Finn and Jake is ripe with wisdom. Through watching this show you will learn alot of introspection into what it is like to go through the human experience. Adventure Time is set in a surprisingly sophisticated environment: post appocalyptic Earth. and Finn goes on these epic quests and throughout these quests he see's other people's loss as well as experiencing his own. he oftenly holds alot of introspective knowlege for a little kid. I have always felt that Adventure Time is more than a show and has a great deal of insight to teach both kids, adults, and teenagers.

But i'm not here to glorify it's bombastic, mathmatical, algebraic, and Tops Bluebee -ness. i'm here to speculate on the possability of AT holding wisdom often found through experiencing an Entheogen. with that said i feel like episodes such as "The real you", "Puhoy!", "James Baxter", and various others hold a great deal of references to Entheogens. "The real you" mentions DMT and says "Everything small is just a small version of something big" right after showing that very idea Instantaneously upon putting on glasses that expand his consciousness. In "Puhoy!" Finn goes into a pillow fort emerging into a vibrantly colored and extremely trippy pillow world. he finds that he has a terrible time remembering his past life in the land of Ooo and he can barely remember Jake's voice, face, or anything. classic side effect of DMT? right? not only that but Finn experiences a lifetime in that world and upon dying in that world he seems to "blast off" into what appears to be hyperspace. finally "James Baxter" is about a Horse who rides along on a beach ball making people happy. Finn and Jake are inspired by this and take up the profession. They soon start experimenting with combining "feel good sounds" with "feel good body actions" to make people happier. they have beemo record everything in case they make a breakthrough and talk about "connecting this sound to this sound which makes a whole knew sound" and it seems like they are talking about connecting different molecules to create a new compound. PLUS they totally go into what appears to be an amanita muscaria mushroom. furthermore they appear to cause a bad trip in one individual who reacted to their sounds negatively. jake even says "wow man... this is real!"

keep in mind that there are many explainations for these scenario's. i'm not saying that Adventure Time is nepharious or that it's at all inspired by Entheogens. all i know is that Adventure Time is incredibly trippy, extremely enjoyable to watch, you learn alot from it, and it has a ton of bright colors and intricate designs. I at the least believe that Pen Ward has been through alot in life and has learned a great deal of wisdom. I think that wisdom was gained at his initiative and not through an entheogen alone.

i will continue with three more forms of media later. first i want to hear from other people about some of the knowlege they have seen in the media. thanks for reading! <3

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 5/22/2015 10:08:23 PM

Come what may

One movie pops in my head when I read your post. It is a really cool documentary/movie about storytelling. The movie is call Mythic Journey's. It is currently on Netflix. Below is the link.

http://www.mythmovie.net/
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Just Say Know
#4 Posted : 5/23/2015 2:32:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To Cyb - can you elaborate? i'm unsure of what you mean?

To Dmnstr8 - i'll definitely have to check this out!

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 5/23/2015 6:46:41 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

a1pha
#6 Posted : 5/23/2015 6:59:35 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

I watch this at least once a month, if not more. Terrifyingly beautiful.

"Thus did man become the architect of his own demise."
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Just Say Know
#7 Posted : 5/24/2015 2:59:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it looks as though i shall have plenty of amazing-ness to engage myself in Very happy it's a good thing too because i've get bored with nothing better to do quite often lol.