We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
David Gilmour Released New Solo Album "Rattle That Lock" September 18th, 2015 Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 5/20/2015 7:16:38 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Edit: The album is out!

Article Source: http://www.rollingstone....-album-for-fall-20150304

This is so exciting! I love all of his work and cannot wait for his new album! This article was written in March of 2015 so any updated information would be amazing! Here is the article:

"Pink Floyd frontman David Gilmour will put out his first solo album in nine years later this year. Although he revealed no other details about the as-yet-untitled LP on his website, he has scheduled a number of tour dates in the U.K. and Europe for this September that will coincide with the LP, suggesting a fall release. Gilmour will kick things off with a three-night engagement at London's Royal Albert Hall, beginning September 23rd.

Last October, Gilmour told Rolling Stone the record was, at that point, still coming together. "It's coming along very well," he said. "There are some sketches that aren't finished, and some of them will be started again. There's a few months' work in it yet. I'm hoping to get it out this following year. Then I'm hoping to do an old man's tour, not a 200-date sort of thing."

The new record follows up Gilmour's 2006 solo outing, On an Island, as well as Pink Floyd's farewell album, The Endless River, which came out last year. That record was mostly instrumental and contained songs that he and drummer Nick Mason had worked on from their Division Bell sessions so as to include the contributions of late keyboardist Rick Wright. "I think we have successfully commandeered the best of what there is [and] I suspect that it is," Gilmour said of that release in a BBC 6 interview at the time. "It's a shame, but this is the end."

Gilmour's most recent live appearance was at a Bombay Bicycle Club gig at Earls Court last December, where he played Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" with the group. He also played that band's "Rinse Me Down" with them."

More info can be found on his actual website:

http://www.davidgilmour.com/index.htm

So who else is ecstatic about all of this? I hope to one day see him live before he decides to stop touring! Get excited people! It is David Gilmour!!! Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 5/20/2015 9:18:21 PM

Pay No Mind

I'm certainly stoked to hear that Gilmore is putting out a new album after all these years!

I'm not a fan of concerts anymore...too many people packed like cattle into places; it's just not my thing...I prefer listening to an album at home, in peace & serenity so as to really listen to it & not have to put up with other peoples' vibes/noise/crap....That's just me though...

I've been a die-hard Pink Floyd/David Gilmore fan for nearly 40 years.

Thanks for the heads up Grateful One!!!Smile
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Chan
#3 Posted : 5/21/2015 5:04:09 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Doc Buxin wrote:
I'm not a fan of concerts anymore...too many people packed like cattle into places; it's just not my thing...I prefer listening to an album at home, in peace & serenity so as to really listen to it & not have to put up with other peoples' vibes/noise/crap....That's just me though...

^^^
Def not just you, doc!

If you can't look the performer in the eye, it's not a gig.
β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

Doc Buxin
#4 Posted : 5/22/2015 7:01:06 PM

Pay No Mind

Man From Chan Chan wrote:
If you can't look the performer in the eye, it's not a gig.

Lol! Never quite thought about it that way, but yeah, I like the way you put that Chan.Very happy
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

TGO
#5 Posted : 7/16/2015 2:00:18 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Its coming soon!!!

"David's new album Rattle That Lock will be released worldwide on Friday, September 18, 2015 on Columbia Records. The first single, also titled 'Rattle That Lock', will be released digitally tomorrow, Friday, July 17th, 2015.

Additionally, David's 2016 North American dates have been confirmed for March and April, with stops in Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago and New York. Ticket buyers will be among the first to receive the new album, as every ticket purchased online will include a Rattle That Lock CD*.

Tickets for the North American concert dates, David's first since the On An Island tour in 2006, go on sale tomorrow, Friday, July 17th, with individual venue times listed below."

Visit www.davidgilmour.com for more details! Exciting!!

Doc Buxin
#6 Posted : 7/17/2015 12:30:12 AM

Pay No Mind

Awesome news!!!

Very cool!!!

Thank for the update Grateful!!!Smile
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

TGO
#7 Posted : 7/17/2015 11:55:04 PM

Welcoming committee

No problem! If interested in hearing the single "Rattle That Lock" released today there is a link below! Not too shabby! It is a little different than typical Gilmour but it has a whole lot of flavor! I cannot wait for the whole album to drop in September!! What do you guys think?

or Rattle that lock

They are the same video. I am unsure whether or not is okay to post the video in this section so if it gets removed the link will still be accessible!

Enjoy!!!

Doc Buxin
#8 Posted : 7/23/2015 11:35:02 PM

Pay No Mind

Wow, thanks!!!!!

That is definitely not "typical Gilmour" for sure, although the whole piece certainly has his unique flavor, voice & production values.

Sounds to me like a hit from the 80's albeit with 2015 production quality!

It'll definitely be interesting to hear what the rest of the album is like!

Thanks again Grateful,

I really appreciate you & your kindness!

Peace.Smile
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

TGO
#9 Posted : 7/24/2015 4:50:15 PM

Welcoming committee

Sure, no problem! I think David does a wonderful job of never running out of new ideas. The production quality is elegant and even though Rattle That Lock is relatively simple in terms of musical composition, David never ceases to amaze me. I bet the whole album is going to blow us away! I found an interesting 2.5 minute or so interview looking into the making of "Rattle That Lock" ...

Turns out the inspiration for the song came from a couple notes heard whenever he would board a French railway station! Genius!

Doc Buxin
#10 Posted : 7/28/2015 12:42:21 AM

Pay No Mind

David Gilmour has never ceased to amaze me with his genius, no doubt...

Thanks for sharing that video clip Grateful; I always love to hear the "behind the scenes"
scoop on musical pieces from artists that I grew up loving...

Seeing David as old as he is now reminds of how old I am getting!!!

Thanks again!Very happy
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

TGO
#11 Posted : 9/7/2015 8:29:24 PM

Welcoming committee

Here is another little snippet from and about the song "A Boat Lies Waiting" ... Seems like it will be a heartfelt tribute to the late Richard Wright.

Don't forget to mark your calendars for Sept 18th!

TGO
#12 Posted : 9/20/2015 5:09:07 PM

Welcoming committee

So the album is out! My pre-order did not arrive on time (the 18th) so I'm still waiting to listen... Sad But I found another interesting interview with David if anyone would like to watch...

TGO
#13 Posted : 9/24/2015 1:53:56 AM

Welcoming committee

I just bought tickets for me and my girl! We are going to see him live on April 4th, 2016 in Chicago, IL! We have floor seats! I cannot wait!!!

Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love