We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Visual grid distortion experiment Options

hixidom
#1 Posted : 5/22/2015 5:07:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Something I've been wanting to do for a while but never actually got around to was to stare at a uniform line grid during a DMT trip to help understand more precisely the visual effects of DMT. I couldn't find any graph paper lying around, so I drew a grid using a straight edge and permanent marker. I figured different regimes of size and elongation might be useful, so I left out some lines as you can see in the attached.

What I thought I would see is the grid morph and transform during the DMT come-up but, to my surprise, the grid didn't really change at all. Instead, something appeared beyond the grid that my eye was drawn to. It was a large white room with a spiral staircase. On the staircase was some sort of fascinating object: A patterned shimmering box. I moved my head from side to side, using parallax to confirm that what I was seeing did indeed exist beyond the grid. I tried to move closer to the object, but eventually my face touched the grid (literally, my head rested on the paper as I gazed past it). The grid was like a cage, separating me from the room and object. I intended the structure I had drawn to be elucidating, but rather it was restricting. At some point I realized that I was being taught a lesson about the transcendence of the DMT experience, but by whom? It's as though there was a magician behind the scenes, and he used his masterful art of distraction to show me that my will is feeble.

Understanding the experience is futile, as it consists of pure irony. It's irony levels are off the charts. Every attempt at willpower will ultimately undercut itself. If you try to make something of the DMT experience, it will instead make that thing of you.
hixidom attached the following image(s):
FullSizeRender.jpg (33kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

HumbleTraveler
#2 Posted : 5/23/2015 4:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome concept, this one should be added to the "perhaps DMT does help us tune to a different frequency" pile Big grin
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Global
#3 Posted : 5/23/2015 2:30:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

This reminds me of an experience I had with a spiral staircase. My memory tells me the objects I saw were on the staircase, but my written report contrasts. I did not realize this experience was from when I first got my Arc torch lighter, which solved my lighter problems for a good long while. White also came into play in my experience.

Global wrote:

Got my arc torch lighter in the mail today. So far, it works like a charm. I took a couple rips of the GVG and the visuals were "ok". Kinda basic, but I appreciated them nonetheless. In the corner of my view I could see that there was a white frosting of sorts. I thought to myself, maybe I can peak behind the curtain of patterns I was looking at by redirecting my attention to the white frosty light. I was able to move in that direction to the point where my entire view was overlaid with this frost, but nothing really became of it. As I opened my eyes, I looked at my GVG and noticed a thick brown stripe running down the neck of the GVG. I decided to take the ceramic filter off and apply heat from a distance to the GVG to hopefully vaporize that stripe. Well, I can tell you, it's still there, but what I got out of it was an immensely filled GVG of thick white vapor. I had to inhale it on two breathfuls to make sure I didn't cough it up cause it was just so thick. As I'm holding my breath in, I look at the wall next to me and I notice rather casually with my eyes opened that as I looked at my wall I could see that "fourth dimension" that I've normally only really seen with my eyes closed, but this was drastic. I could see hyperdimensional objects moving with quite the depth through my wall. I decided I should take another one of these monster rips. I once again fill two gigantic hits in one, hold them in as long as possible and close my eyes. The experience that ensued was extremely gentle yet rewarding. I started off at the base of this room. It was almost like I was in a psychedelic museum of sorts. As I stared into the center of the room, I could see some archetypal images. I started going in a spiral upwards through the room (so I was sort of towards the outside of the room and in the center as I would corkscrew upwards, the image would change in the center of the room). I saw some very human-looking entities, a horse (that was as clear as day a horse) and various other hyperspace objects. They were very much objects as opposed to entities really because it was as if I was viewing them on display. For example the horse was sort of balanced on one foot as if getting ready for something, but was frozen as such. So were the humans. Now that I think of it, it more seemed like I was beholding a trophy gallery of some sort. When I got to the top, I all kinda spiraled outwards in these heavenly patterns. I opened my eyes and was priveledged to a few minutes in a rather malleable reality.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

hixidom
#4 Posted : 5/23/2015 4:18:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That is a very trippy experience Global Smile Would you say you have control of your motions in worlds behind closed eyes, or is it more like you are watching a scene play out in first-person perspective?

Quote:
White also came into play in my experience.

Well, the paper was white. Somehow DMT seems to change how we see everything whilst leaving unaffected the most minuscule details. In some experiences since the OP, I listened to music and found that the music I heard didn't actually change much at all. It's so weird to me that DMT does little to transform our normal perceptions, but rather what it adds is...another dimension. Another direction to turn our gaze. To me it seems like turning my eyes into the back of my head and finding that I'm then in another room. I can look back and forth between the "real" world and hyperspace by merely opening and closing my eyelids. And with eyes half-open: Soooo bizarre. The vividness of hyperspace is always very striking to me as well. The objects are so clear and well-defined. I don't have to struggle to keep them in my mind's eye, because they are there with the full force of seemingly real objects. Some objects evolve, but others seem like very permanent structures in hyperspace.

Don't get me wrong, I think the experience does transform how we see things. For example I notice amazing levels of detail in objects that I didn't notice before, as though the contrast in my vision were greatly enhanced. While the 2D image I see remains largely the same, things start to take on new patterns of depth depending on shape and color, and this changes everything about where I think I am. My last trip involved intense convulsions in my lower body which felt amazingly like an energy passing through me, as though my body were some sort of hyperspace antenna.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.