We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Brownies lead to psychedelic experience.... Options

Sandgrease
#1 Posted : 5/19/2015 3:49:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I baked some brownies with a quarter of some really dank bud (15-25% thc?). I made Cannaoil but didn't strain off the powdered bud for fear of lost cannabinoids. The problem with leaving the bud in the mix is that potentially thrteerey be a pocket of bud in the tray of brownies, making any brownie sliced from that spot extra potent.

So I cut the tray into 16 peices amd theoretically each piece should have had like a .4 in it. I ate half of a brownie which should have only had a .2 or so in it. I was destroyed. I had open eyed visuals of multicolored patterns running all over the walls, auditory hallucinations and ego softening if I attempted to meditate. Extreme paranoia and all that. Scared the shit outa me.

A .2..... I apparently am hyper sensitive to bud or I got that "pocket of nug" I didn't strain out. I really wish I lived in a medical or recreational state in the u.s. so I could get quality edibles.

I've tripped a on a bunch of different thimgs and sort of think psychedelics have screwed with my Cannabis tolerance or changed how my body and brain react to Cannabis. Anyone else have intense reactions to small amounts of Cannabis since they started using psychs?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

travsha
#2 Posted : 5/19/2015 4:32:15 PM

Share Love ~

When I smoke cannabis I usually have a psychedelic reaction - visuals or even visions. I actually use cannabis to do out of body journey work fairly often - makes it real easy to travel with the smoke...

Certain strains are especially psychedelic.

Doc Buxin
#3 Posted : 5/19/2015 9:21:49 PM

Pay No Mind

Cannabis has always been psychedelic for me, even before my introduction to true psychs decades ago...Even moreso afterwards.

Anytime I smoke Cannabis (I will not eat it any more - it's just too much) it will bring a mild version of my last psychedelic journey right back.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 5/20/2015 5:50:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I find the effects are as complex and varied as the plant itself Smile

Global
#5 Posted : 5/20/2015 1:15:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

When I would smoke a lot of cannabis, I would have the colorful experiences you had. Taking psychedelics (and DMT in particular) would create the same effects on light doses. I haven't smoked DMT in some time, and that no longer happens.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

TGO
#6 Posted : 5/20/2015 4:34:09 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Sounds like an intense time, Sandgrease!

I love edible ganja! It is always much more psychedelic than smoking (for me). I was smoking long before I ever tried a classic psychedelic and ever since then less really is more for whatever reason.

I don't think I can blame it all on psychedelic usage. I think it has more to do with the older I get, the less I need to appreciate the effects. I say that, but I do smoke almost everyday just not in excessive amounts. Big grin Say one bowl, bong, or joint shared with my lady usually around bedtime and that hits the spot.

But brownies or other edibles can be truly overwhelming at times. By golly, you've got me in the mood to bake brownies now!

Laughing

Best of luck!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Corax
#7 Posted : 5/21/2015 2:59:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
I don't think I can blame it all on psychedelic usage. I think it has more to do with the older I get, the less I need to appreciate the effects.

I wouldn't say there is something to "blame", but in my experience a very specific and extremely strong mushroom trip unleashed, among other things, a totally and definitely new and improved (though sometimes hard to handle) feeling with cannabis - maybe some fences were destroyed.

Also as Doc Buxin pointed out above, cannabis can bring back in a lively fashion memories and feelings of various psychedelics experience.

Oral cannabis is also often way more psychedelic than in its smoked form, including interesting CEVs as far as I'm concerned - although I don't take (or very rarely) edible cannabis as I became, since this mushroom trip, extremely sensible to its effect (compared to my teenage years).

InLaKesh
#8 Posted : 5/21/2015 12:06:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Corax wrote:
I wouldn't say there is something to "blame", but in my experience a very specific and extremely strong mushroom trip unleashed, among other things, a totally and definitely new and improved (though sometimes hard to handle) feeling with cannabis - maybe some fences were destroyed.

I had the same experience.
I call it the anxiety or ecstasy effect Smile
I have learned to steer the experience into the ecstasy direction over the years, now i view it as very positive.
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

Orion
#9 Posted : 5/21/2015 4:31:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes cannabis makes me feel like I'm tripping inside my head, as if I'm not really tripping, but I still am, somehow...

Sandgrease wrote:

Anyone else have intense reactions to small amounts of Cannabis since they started using psychs?

It definitely changed after trying a psychedelic substance, but not a great deal. The memory of a deep psychedelic experience effects almost everything you touch for years to come, I'm still noticing changes in the matrix, DMT-edits, years later. I hear a lot of what Corax mentioned, that oral is much stronger in a psychedelic sense than just smoked. The only problem is timing, eating what you think is a bunk or weak portion of a brownie, only to have it turn your world upside down hours later...
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.