We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Salvinorin alpha pure crystals (Pics) - Salvia divinorum Options

caapi.colombia
#1 Posted : 5/14/2015 6:45:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello guys, i'll like to share two pics of Salvinorin alpha pure crystals, obtained from our plants for making standardized extracts of Salvia divinorum, part of our work.

We use an chilled acetone extraction and then, purification with column cromatography over silica. Hope you like it.
caapi.colombia attached the following image(s):
cristales salvinorin2.jpg (73kb) downloaded 438 time(s).
cristales salvinorin.jpg (66kb) downloaded 432 time(s).
Salvinorin alpha crystals: Here

Are you from Colombia, South America (or not) and want to establish alliances to promote research in psychedelic drugs in our land? Please PM or contact me in http://www.caapi.co or caapi.sas@gmail.com

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 5/14/2015 7:52:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Beautiful Smile

Welcome to the forum.

<3

caapi.colombia
#3 Posted : 5/14/2015 8:05:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, is really exciting.

Are you from Colombia, South America (or not) and want to establish alliances to promote research in psychedelic drugs in our land? Please PM or contact me in http://www.caapi.co or caapi.sas@gmail.com

gibran2
#4 Posted : 5/14/2015 8:12:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Looks very nice!

Have you seen this thread?

Salvinorin A Extraction and Purification
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jamie
#5 Posted : 5/15/2015 2:19:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

nice pics..just fyi..it's not actually called salvinorin alpha as far as I know..it's just salvinorin A..for some reason Mckenna called it salvinorin alpha and people just kept saying it.
Long live the unwoke.

caapi.colombia
#6 Posted : 5/15/2015 3:14:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe you're right Jamie, because the other isomers are called "B, C, D, E" and no with the -greek equivalent- "alpha", "beta", etc. Thanks for that.

Gibran2 i have not seen that thread (lovely cristals and yield, congratulations), just "sphere" extraction (that's where i got the idea of "chilled acetone" technique), but never obtain that purity with IPA washes without losing "a lot" and well, just too much work instead running a column chromatography jeje. Was interested in separate "isomers" (A, B, etc.) with a more "non polar" eluent (DCM/Methanol 20:1), im interested in semi-synthetic analogues of Salvinorin B.

Thanks for your comments.

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 5/16/2015 3:04:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice Thumbs up Thanks for sharing!

benzyme
#8 Posted : 5/16/2015 6:23:07 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

caapi.colombia wrote:
purification with column cromatography over silica

nice
what mesh/functional groups (if any)?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Redguard
#9 Posted : 5/16/2015 6:44:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm a little jealous
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

benzyme
#10 Posted : 5/16/2015 3:32:58 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

why? it's just salvinorin.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

caapi.colombia
#11 Posted : 5/16/2015 8:27:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello!! Thanks for comments! Don't be jealous (jajaja), just buy or grow Salvia leaves and extract them, nothing difficult and for some of us, really funny.

benzyme, Mesh: 70-230 (63-200um), Silica Gel 60. I don't understand exactly what do you mean by "functional group?? What functional groups did i find?!?! Im sorry if i misunderstand you, but we are here for learning so, thanks a lot for your comments.

benzyme
#12 Posted : 5/16/2015 9:03:23 PM

analytical chemist

some silica has nonpolar side groups attached, and some is "doped" with quaternary ammonium salts, like Adogen 464, resulting in anion-exchange resin.

caapi.colombia
#13 Posted : 5/16/2015 10:06:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahhh!! Now it's clear, functional groups attached to the stationary phase. Was only Silica gel 60 from Merck.

caapi.colombia
#14 Posted : 5/16/2015 10:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you know any applications of other kind of adsorbents or stationary phases (no silica or alumina) for column chromatography, in this field...? That'll be interesting.

benzyme
#15 Posted : 5/17/2015 12:39:45 AM

analytical chemist

i alluded to two types, reverse-phase, and ion-exchange. just two commonly used ones out of many.
the stationary phases vary by resin-type (polymer). Styrene DivinylBenzene is my fav, it's used in strong-cation exchange chrom, interacts electrostatically and by VDW, and can separate ergopeptines. you may also want to look into sodium montmorillonite (bentonite). there is an art in itself, choosing the proper stationary phase. silica is a generic size-exclusion stationary phase which partakes in H-bond interactions, not VDW.

they also vary in scale...namely analytical and preparative. obviously, we're dealing with preparative.

was any characterization of the crystals done? i.e. m.p. test, FTIR, NMR, LCMS/GCMS, etc

caapi.colombia
#16 Posted : 5/17/2015 6:13:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good information, i' m learning a lot and going to read about that, is really interesting.

The only characterization was bioassay, i don't have the necessary equipment. It will be great if there was a "cheap way" (at least not as expensive as GC/MS) to determine (or approach) chemical structure, i've looking for IR Spectroscopy.

Tryptallmine
#17 Posted : 5/20/2015 8:26:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
i alluded to two types, reverse-phase, and ion-exchange. just two commonly used ones out of many.
the stationary phases vary by resin-type (polymer). Styrene DivinylBenzene is my fav, it's used in strong-cation exchange chrom, interacts electrostatically and by VDW, and can separate ergopeptines. you may also want to look into sodium montmorillonite (bentonite). there is an art in itself, choosing the proper stationary phase. silica is a generic size-exclusion stationary phase which partakes in H-bond interactions, not VDW.

they also vary in scale...namely analytical and preparative. obviously, we're dealing with preparative.

was any characterization of the crystals done? i.e. m.p. test, FTIR, NMR, LCMS/GCMS, etc

I really wish I could just instantly transplant all the interesting things you've learned into my own brain. It's really quite remarkable.

RhythmSpring
#18 Posted : 5/20/2015 10:11:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to put it on blotter for sublingual use?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Tryptallmine
#19 Posted : 5/20/2015 11:17:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
Is it possible to put it on blotter for sublingual use?

I was reading this thread before, might help you with your question.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=428188#post428188

Which will eventually get you to here.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=34752

RhythmSpring
#20 Posted : 5/20/2015 2:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agh, I'm not learned enough to understand most of this. Can you say yes or no, or at least explain in simpler terms?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

12NEXT