We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Bad trip of a lifetime Options

nexalizer
#21 Posted : 4/18/2015 12:42:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fuck, seems intense! I know exactly what you mean when you're no longer sure it's a trip gone bad or your body giving up. It can be quite scary!

Glad you're alright, guess we have both learned something this weekVery happy

smoalk moar!!
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DreaMTripper
#22 Posted : 4/19/2015 3:03:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

O shit man, very glad you made it through unscathed it mustve been terrifying. I can emphasize with dosing too much, even when too many bongs have been had with low tolerance it can be a very anxious fearful experience theres seems to be no way to release the grip that the fear has even knowing what Ive had is safe I still get a seed of paranoia grow, its a long and scary ride I can imagine the internal battle you had I've been there too, rest up dont punish yourself for being human and making a mistake (by your standards) I'm sure you will integrate it all and become (even more!)wiser.

joedirt
#23 Posted : 4/21/2015 9:16:02 PM

Not I

Wow man that sounds intense and I'm glad you came out alright. I once consumed 200mg of edible cannabis in the form of chocolate from CO and had a pretty strong experience but certainly nothing like what you wen through. I was a daily user at the time and I'm certain that is why I didn't get those effects... I believe you recently said you had been clean from cannabis for about a month or so...

I will say this..and everyone knows I support legalization. I do think we need to have controls with regards to how edibles are distributed. At least until the public at large is more educate on these matters. This experiences aren't a joke and I can't imagine what it would be like if a child consumed an entire candy bar... Or if uncle Ricky eat his bar of chocolate and then drove over to aunt Sally's house and had it hit mid drive... These scenarios are concerning to me. You know at least with smoking the effects hit much more rapidly and people can regulate how much they are taking...but edibles can be easily overdone.

I also had a friend freak out on a brownie at a show once... she was a seldom use and she consumed less then the rest of us..and didn't partake of any 2C-B..and she still freaked out pretty hard. Asked repeatedly if I was certain no one tricked her and gave her 2C-B... I was like no it will all be fine... just ride it out. We had to get her out of the main crowd area and off to a grassy field so she could just chill for a few hours..

Anyway man glad you are OK.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

adam
#24 Posted : 4/22/2015 10:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Overdosing on edible cannabis is easy. They sell edibles here that are 300mg. Someone who doesn't understand dosing and their response could buy these and take it. That makes me shutter. I have done hefty doses and even with a high tolerance it can be a very unnerving situation if you aren't prepared . Cannabis has made me vomit before, and spin, and want to die.

Long story short I can relate to this. I think people need to be a lot more cautious with oral cannabis dosing then they would presume to be normally.

universecannon
#25 Posted : 4/23/2015 12:57:08 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yikes...that's a lot of cannabis! Glad you are OK endlessness Smile

Being very prone to the paranoid and psychedelic aspects of cannabis, I think I can imagine some of what must have been going through your mind. Cannabis is no joke at high doses, and not knowing with 100% certainty must have made it much more difficult.

<3

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

anrchy
#26 Posted : 4/23/2015 5:43:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehehe, glad you are OK friend. I've been there before off an edible except I didn't vomit but at one point felt as if I might. Since then I have been told by people that "edibles don't do that to me" and it's hard to convince them that it's not something to take lightly. A few of them were cocky and ended up understanding what I was on about.

TThc is no joke. As far as I know it's the only drug you can take too much of and it makes you think your going to die but you don't. A good lesson there imo. Be well!

Smile
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

adam
#27 Posted : 4/23/2015 6:20:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
As far as I know it's the only drug you can take too much of and it makes you think your going to die but you don't. A good lesson there imo. Be well!

Smile

The only drug that does that??!! Twisted Evil

ommani
#28 Posted : 4/23/2015 7:34:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad you're ok. Last summer I took two big hits of hash oil, and although I didn't get any visuals, I did feel like I was tripping, but not in a good way. I proceeded to purge for about two hours, from what I remember, which felt sketchy, as I had eaten a big meal earlier. Afterwards, I felt clear and cleansed, and didn't smoke again for days, which was a long break for me at the time.

anrchy
#29 Posted : 4/23/2015 9:56:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

adam wrote:
anrchy wrote:
As far as I know it's the only drug you can take too much of and it makes you think your going to die but you don't. A good lesson there imo. Be well!

Smile

The only drug that does that??!! Twisted Evil

lol, what was I thinking. Oh wait I wasn't hahaha. Ya dmt does that too Smile
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Mustelid
#30 Posted : 4/23/2015 1:01:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anrchy, Adam, Hah!

Endlessness, I'm sorry you went through that, I couldn't imagine. I've had terrible panic from smoked cannabis, and that's bad enough, with time-dilation, an hour seems like five, but with edibles actually lasting hours...

I'm glad I've always been ... careful with oral cannabis. I've more than once eaten a half or a quarter of a brownie / cookie / lollipop, whatever it is, and been really glad a few hours down the road that I didn't eat the whole thing!

I'm also really glad that this forum exists. In the now distant past when I had my first terrifying experience with overdoing cannabis (smoked) there was really no information available, it was pre-internet. And my then adolescent peers really had no idea that some people react badly to cannabis at high, or for some people, even low doses.

Only information available would be some lies mandated in high-school health classes / TV ads, or stoner peers with really unhelpful input like, "Whoa that sounds rad, I wish it got me that high!" or "I dunno, maybe it was laced with PCP dude..."

Then in the early days of the internet I realize that the adage, "The first casualty of war is the truth," seems to be as true for the drug war as any other.

I found any questions I had on possible negative effects were swiftly deleted. I learned that are a lot of cannabis disciples who are as full of censorship and lies as the DEA and other agencies, just diametrically opposed in their fanaticism. It's not as if I even suggested that cannabis was bad, just posting a reasonable bit on something really interesting like how some people seem to be able to just toke and toke, and hit a high "ceiling" and not get any higher, how some seem to just get drowsy and pass out, how some go through a very difficult experience, got deleted.

Other posts I've made that had any mention of anxiety were deleted from other cannabis message boards as well. No warning, no reprimand, no notice, just censored, swept under the rug of any inconvenient mention that didn't really have a, marijuana isn't a panacea that would surely bring world peace and solve all human problems once legalized, type of vibe.

At least by then I had figured out that some people react badly to it, like Joey Ramone for example.

Anyway I'm glad we have a sensible forum where we can really openly discuss various psychoactives and their effects without any enforced bias or dogma, and can get down to the issues like harm reduction, dose, set, setting, appropriateness to an individual, all the things that help keep psychoactive use positive.

RhythmSpring
#31 Posted : 4/23/2015 1:56:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a very similar experience with a cannabis extract pill. I basically lost my short-term memory, every ounce of my self-esteem, and basically had a day-long panic attack.

Strangely enough, I felt kind of lighter in the days afterwards. I guess it forced me to let go of aspects of my ego. Still, it is not an experience I would repeat.

How are you feeling now? Hopefully there's some kind of afterglow effect.

With oral cannabis less is more, for sure. I only need a bit of cannabutter the size of a Rue seed to feel beneficial effects.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

nexalizer
#32 Posted : 5/10/2015 9:12:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:

How are you feeling now? Hopefully there's some kind of afterglow effect.

It's endlessness. He's smoalking moar, of courseThumbs up
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

endlessness
#33 Posted : 5/12/2015 9:47:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the comments Smile

I've been so busy lately that this seems very long ago already lol, but the couple of days after the experience had definitely left me in a very peculiar state. The experience is still serving me to appreciate life more, and to remind myself how this all can end at any second with some accident or other.

If anybody I know wants to try oral cannabis, I'll definitely tell them extra vehemently how they should be careful with dosage Very happy As for myself, it will probably be a while since I take it orally in any dosage again. I still vaporize it a couple of times a week but orally I'm in no rush to do it again Twisted Evil

jamie
#34 Posted : 5/12/2015 2:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im surprised this is the first time you got to that level with it. I know in the past you said that cannabis has never been psychedelic for you. For me, cannabis can be just as strong as the other psychedelics.
Long live the unwoke.

PREV12