We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
problem collecting spice from jar Options

DubRules
#1 Posted : 6/19/2009 1:57:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hey all! this is swims first time doing a spice extraction. they used a modified nomans tek and was quite pleased with what freeze precipitated out. they poured out the naptha from the quart mason jars through a coffee filter and had about 40mg of great product. swim estimates that there is easily another 500mg stuck to the inside of the jar, but cannot get it out. swim has tried to scrape it out with a spatula but it is not really working. should swim rub the inside of the jar with a coffee filter and then use a razor blade to chop/scrape it up? ideally swim would like a way to make none of the spice stick to the jar and be able to pour it all out through a coffee filter. the product collected this way was white and potent. im kinda bummed cause i got this far with no issues. thanks for the help!
-Dubs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 6/19/2009 3:31:09 PM

The Great Namah

Use 1/2 pint, much easier to get stuff out of.

If you need to, heat up a bit of naphtha (like 10mL) and swirl it around in the mason jar. Collect and let evap, should only take an hour or two.

I wouldn't use coffee filters for this at all. You lose some spice when you do this. Simply decant as much as you can slowly turning the jar while the ice cold naphtha pours out. All of your spice should get stuck to the side of the jar (agian, 1/2 pints work best, no lip to mess with). Make sure you have ALL of the naphtha out. A table knife or a spoon works fine for getting everything off the sides and bottom of the jar.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

DubRules
#3 Posted : 6/20/2009 1:54:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

turns out that the answer was what it always is.. patience.. i waited a day or so and all the spice dried out. then i scraped it with a spoon. got 510mg and am happy with it. i have some sweet pics of it. ill try and get them up here.

crakkbakk
#4 Posted : 6/21/2009 12:22:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

510? Good job.

I like to use a glass pan and make it air tight so I can easily scrape it.