We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
The *Official* Flow Arts Thread Options

universecannon
#61 Posted : 5/6/2015 2:09:37 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

^ That video of Master Ong in your thread is so good!

I started spinning about 5 or 6 months ago and I haven't tried fire yet. I'm mostly playing around with isolations, caps, and flowers right now. Isolations and anything in slow motion anti-spin feels really great Very happy

You make an interesting point about pendulum poi...it does have a certain elegance to it.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

a1pha
#62 Posted : 5/6/2015 2:31:55 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Also: we should have a dedicated flow arts thread, this topic keeps coming up
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=466758#post466758
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=61975

Done. Though, I think it erased the poll. Embarrased

PS - Thanks to all you fire spinners @ TTITD for holding the Great Circle for us!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Nathanial.Dread
#63 Posted : 5/6/2015 2:47:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
^ That video of Master Ong in your thread is so good!

I started spinning about 5 or 6 months ago and I haven't tried fire yet. I'm mostly playing around with isolations, caps, and flowers right now. Isolations and anything in slow motion anti-spin feels really great Very happy

You make an interesting point about pendulum poi...it does have a certain elegance to it.

If you're on Facebook, you should seek out the Tech Poi group - it's pretty much a constant stream of amazing spinners posting videos of whatever they've been working on. Very inspiring.

I have a lot of philosophical opinions about what is the 'best' kind of poi, which I can rant about for a long time. Embarrased Obviously everyone feels differently, but I personally am really passionate about contact poi.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

tseuq
#64 Posted : 8/1/2015 1:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to play poi and contact staff quite regularly some years ago. In the last years I digged myself into different topics which are a little bit far off the juggling scene but everytime when our ways do cross, I am so impressed by the ongoing development in new movements and the beauty of this play.

Here are some pictures of me playing firepoi in winter 2010-11:

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

«PREV234