We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sleep Walkers? Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 4/23/2015 1:25:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any sleep walkers/talkers on The Nexus? My mom and I both do it, and I've always been fascinated by the things we do and say while in dreamland. Oftentimes the things my GF reports that I've said have nothing to do with any dreams that I can remember, same goes for what I do.

I've always wanted to record myself, and see if I can't get a sense of what's going on in my unconscious brain from the outside.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 4/23/2015 1:48:37 AM

Pay No Mind

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Any sleep walkers/talkers on The Nexus? My mom and I both do it, and I've always been fascinated by the things we do and say while in dreamland. Oftentimes the things my GF reports that I've said have nothing to do with any dreams that I can remember, same goes for what I do.

I've always wanted to record myself, and see if I can't get a sense of what's going on in my unconscious brain from the outside.

Blessings
~ND

That's funny to me because both my mom & I do it too! I'm more of the sleep talker, she's more of the sleep walker, but things can overlap in some instances.

I have had a conversation with my mom while she was sleep walking. This was well over 30 years ago & I remember thinking that it was the most strange, discombobulated conversation I had ever had with my mom until the moment that I realized she was actually asleep! The next morning I asked her if she remembered us talking the night before & she said not at all.

The most trippy/wierd experience I've ever had in this regard was in 1986 when a dear friend & I were driving from far Northern California to San Diego. At some point we were both getting super-tired so we agreed to pull over at the next rest stop & take a small snooze. I was driving at the time. We pulled into the rest stop, locked the doors of my car, reclined our seats back & began to snooze away. During my nap, I dreamed that I sat the seat back up, turned the ignition over, backed out of our parking space & proceeded to get back on the freeway. Right at the most lucky moment ever, I woke up, found that I was indeed actually driving & that I was headed onto the freeway the wrong way!!!!!!!!Shocked

Needless to say I was shaken to the core with fear as I could have easily killed both myself & my dear friend if I had not woken up at that moment.

I put the car in reverse & slowly backed off the wrong-way-off-ramp & settled the car back into a parking space, made sure to put the keys in the glovebox instead of leaving them in the ignition & went back to sleep, only to be awakened a few hours later by my dear friend who was freaking out a bit because we were in a different parking space than we were when we had originally fallen asleep.

I related what had happened & he was like, "whoa dude, that's scary-wild-crazy!!!"Surprised

I have also been told that I have given clear & concise, entire dissertations on medicinal herbs in my sleep.

Very interesting subject you've brought up there ND!Very happy
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

nemesauce
#3 Posted : 4/23/2015 1:53:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, it runs in my family too, several of my family members (including myself) have even awoken outside. But mine eventually gave way to sleep paralysis and terrors, now I just have problems sleeping and remembering dreams (which sucks, I love vividly dreaming).
I do love listening to people talk in there sleep, its a kind of glossolalia.

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 4/23/2015 4:51:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, Doc Buxin, that's terrifying Shocked I'm glad you weren't heard.

I think the worst I've done is walk down a few flights of stairs (woke up in my apartment's laundry room once, which was a trip), or smashed into a door.

I've heard about sleep driving, and hope never to experience it.

Blessings
~ND

Doc Buxin
#5 Posted : 4/24/2015 7:13:37 PM

Pay No Mind

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Wow, Doc Buxin, that's terrifying Shocked I'm glad you weren't heard.

I think the worst I've done is walk down a few flights of stairs (woke up in my apartment's laundry room once, which was a trip), or smashed into a door.

I've heard about sleep driving, and hope never to experience it.

Blessings
~ND

It was quite terrifying at the time, but it sure has made for one hell of a good story to tell over the years!Smile
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

DoingKermit
#6 Posted : 4/24/2015 11:11:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's one crazy story, Doc Buxin! That is a freaky scenario to randomly wake up in.

I used to be more of a sleep laugher than a talker. My parents said I used to wake them up in the middle of the night from laughing in my sleep as a baby. In my teenage years I used to sleep walk quite a lot, which included finding one of my family members and talking nonsense at them. I would ask really strange questions like, "why am I in the book?!... get me out of the book!". My sisters used to find it hilarious.

Over time it has happened less and less. I get sleep paralysis now and again, which can be so frightening. I can sometimes tell its about to happen as a shadow figure enters the room shortly before I can't move and find myself trying to scream for help. My housemate has had the exact same thing happen to him too.

Doc Buxin
#7 Posted : 4/24/2015 11:32:09 PM

Pay No Mind

DoingKermit wrote:
That's one crazy story, Doc Buxin! That is a freaky scenario to randomly wake up in.

I have a ridiculous amount of freaky-crazy stories. Many friends over the years have urged me to write a book, however there are already too many books as it is.

DoingKermit wrote:
I get sleep paralysis now and again, which can be so frightening. I can sometimes tell its about to happen as a shadow figure enters the room shortly before I can't move and find myself trying to scream for help.

That has actually happened to me once before, with the shadow figure just as you described DoingKermit! The vibe was so scary that I ended up having a full-blown OBE & was looking at my sleeping body from several feet away.
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

nemesauce
#8 Posted : 4/24/2015 11:57:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:

I have a ridiculous amount of freaky-crazy stories. Many friends over the years have urged me to write a book, however there are already too many books as it is.

DoingKermit wrote:
I get sleep paralysis now and again, which can be so frightening. I can sometimes tell its about to happen as a shadow figure enters the room shortly before I can't move and find myself trying to scream for help.

That has actually happened to me once before, with the shadow figure just as you described DoingKermit! The vibe was so scary that I ended up having a full-blown OBE & was looking at my sleeping body from several feet away.

All too familiar Doc!.. all to familiar

I always get super paranoid about the safety of other people in the house, sometimes I feel strongly that there is some sort of faceless presence lurking in the corner or at the foot of the bed.

Doc Buxin
#9 Posted : 4/25/2015 12:08:39 AM

Pay No Mind

nemesauce wrote:

All too familiar Doc!.. all to familiar

I always get super paranoid about the safety of other people in the house, sometimes I feel strongly that there is some sort of faceless presence lurking in the corner or at the foot of the bed.

That experience was over thirty years ago when I was first starting out on the psychedelic path of my life.

Since then I have somehow "learned" to exude some sort of vibration or invisible force that keeps dark spirits away from me & any loved one that is around me.

Sounds wierd, I know & I haven't the foggiest clue as to how I actually developed this ability, but all my dear, close friends that I have done psychedelics with in the past will readily confirm this.

It's as if I "turn on" what the Grateful Dead calls "your love light" & let it shine brightly. Even in the darkest places it shines incessantly & steadily.Big grin
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

MaNoMaNoM
#10 Posted : 4/25/2015 10:46:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

always found this fascinating though i only ever sleepwalked once before iam aware of;
Strange story, i was about 10 on vacation with family, at a beach house i never stayed in,
and mom said i was mumbling strangely and walked over to the sink and running the water.

Most interesting to me is these experiences of sleep paralysis where people see an entity,
like the shadow man someone mentioned, and if you google this is a very common occurrence.

i had friend who experienced sleep paralysis where she was awake but not awake,
and she couldn't move, and she said sometimes an evil spirit would try to scare/kill her,
but she is 100% sure these entities are real, and possibly something feeding off her fears.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

Doc Buxin
#11 Posted : 4/27/2015 10:39:29 PM

Pay No Mind

MaNoMaNoM wrote:
...i had friend who experienced sleep paralysis where she was awake but not awake,
and she couldn't move, and she said sometimes an evil spirit would try to scare/kill her,
but she is 100% sure these entities are real, and possibly something feeding off her fears...

Yes. This is a very common phenomenon.

You're friend's experience sounds exactly what I experienced.

And whether or not one wants to debate whether or not these entities are "real" or not, the experience seems incredibly real while you're experiencing it!Shocked
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

DoingKermit
#12 Posted : 4/30/2015 12:34:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have read posts from our fellow Nexian Jamie, explaining his experiences with sleep paralysis involving entities.

I recently moved into a new house and one of my house mates also gets the same phenomenon. Shadow type entity enters the room and then the paralysis begins very shortly after. He has learned how to to pull himself out of it before it starts to get too intense. I have yet to find that control.

The more I speak about it to others, the more it happens usually. I haven't had one in quite a while now, so I hope it says that way. I have also gone through some very real out of body experiences.

Nathanial.Dread
#13 Posted : 4/30/2015 2:53:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get sleep paralysis as well, and it's gotten to the point where I've kind of gotten used to it - I know that if I wake up and there's a giant skeleton right outside my field of vision, I'm having an episode.

That doesn't necessarily make it less scary, but it sort of allows you to explore the space better. I've noticed that with some effort, you can turn an episode of sleep paralysis into a bona fide OOBE.

Blessings
~ND

Tryptallmine
#14 Posted : 5/1/2015 5:28:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For some reason, If I have 2 or more glasses of Johnny Walker Red Label or Black for that matter I am guaranteed to sleepwalk. A while ago I walked out of my old apartment and headed downtown where I withdrew all of my money out of an ATM before my room mate at the time found me handing it out to homeless people. Why....I do NOT know.

I used to do it a lot as a kid to, my mother would make me clothes for birthdays etc. I'd be walking around and she'd have me try them on while I was fast asleep and have no recollection of it in the morning.

I've had my girlfriend awaken to find me looking to be riding an imaginary bicycle telling her I'm off to buy concert tickets. I'm supprised she didn't get freaked out and leave me then and there.... It's a bizarre phenomenon thats for sure.

Sleep paralysis a few times, dark type entities in the room. Male and female voices talking to each other but I can't understand what they are saying. It's like some strange kind of other worldly dialogue. Interesting but frightening the first time around.

Doc Buxin
#15 Posted : 5/1/2015 7:02:20 PM

Pay No Mind

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I've noticed that with some effort, you can turn an episode of sleep paralysis into a bona fide OOBE.

Blessings
~ND

As I have also found.Smile
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

Doc Buxin
#16 Posted : 5/1/2015 7:03:48 PM

Pay No Mind

Tryptallmine wrote:
For some reason, A while ago I walked out of my old apartment and headed downtown where I withdrew all of my money out of an ATM before my room mate at the time found me handing it out to homeless people.

This is almost as disconcerting as my sleep-driving episode recounted above!Surprised
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

nemesauce
#17 Posted : 5/1/2015 7:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I was about 10 I woke up one morning to discover my regular field of vision was replaced by a repeating pattern of zig-lines, at the time I didn't know what "tripping" was but know a days the pattern reminds me of peyote inspired Navajo textiles (sorry if that part is wrong)...

... I then realized that I had slept walked myself under a parked car and was staring up at the tire treadsShocked