We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ibogaine Bill Introduced in Vermont Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 4/24/2015 7:20:49 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

A bill has been introduced to Vermont's House of Representatives to develop and implement a three year pilot program to dispense ibogaine for the treatment of individuals addicted to drugs or alcohol.

Article here.

You can read the bill itself here.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nexalizer
#2 Posted : 4/25/2015 9:38:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

rOm
#3 Posted : 4/25/2015 9:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 4/25/2015 11:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

p. 4 of 5

"The dispensary may only sell ibogaine to a registered patient with a
valid identification card."

Shouldn't Ibogaine be strictly administered in a controlled environment/treatment center? Do they think Ibogaine is like medical marijuana in that you can just give it to patients to use on their own?

They should NOT be giving out Ibogaine to addicts to use on their own. This bill is a step in the right direction, but it speaks to a gap in knowledge about the sacrament. Correct me if I'm mistaken here.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 4/29/2015 12:56:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Speak now, or forever deal with the fact that I'm going to call the reps behind this bill and tell them that the ibogaine program should be administered only in therapeutic (aka supervised) contexts.

I thought about "well what about just microdosing?", but the risk of someone taking all the rootbark (or ibogaine) at once is not one I'm willing to take.

While this is an incredible first step forward for psychedelic legalization, it needs to be a well-coordinated first step to set the tone for future progress.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

ouro
#6 Posted : 4/29/2015 4:32:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't see any mention of how they intend to source the ibogaine without violating Gabon's export laws. Exporting iboga is expressly forbidden, and, at the very least, some of the bark available in Cameroon and South Africa is smuggled out of Gabon before sale.

For better or worse I hope they synth or semi synth it from other sources. It's very unlikely a farm project will result directly from this bill.

RS makes a good point that controlled admin is also generally considered necessary for ibogaine use, although it had been dispensed medically for many decades in France without any reported issues I could find.

Nathanial.Dread
#7 Posted : 4/29/2015 8:05:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
p. 4 of 5

"The dispensary may only sell ibogaine to a registered patient with a
valid identification card."

Shouldn't Ibogaine be strictly administered in a controlled environment/treatment center? Do they think Ibogaine is like medical marijuana in that you can just give it to patients to use on their own?

They should NOT be giving out Ibogaine to addicts to use on their own. This bill is a step in the right direction, but it speaks to a gap in knowledge about the sacrament. Correct me if I'm mistaken here.

After everything we've been though, do you really trust The State to correctly, and appropriately administer a sacrament like Ibogaine? Controlled settings are great, but I do not want some government goon moderating my personal, potentially mystical, experiences.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

RAM
#8 Posted : 5/6/2015 6:11:49 AM

Hail the keys!

I think that anyone who would even go to an ibogaine dispensary would know what it is and the implications, and they would know how to administer it themselves in a safe setting. Also if they need to be a patient, the doctor giving the prescription would know and tell them what it is and how to use it, if not conducting the session themselves.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Praxis.
#9 Posted : 1/30/2016 3:14:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just shared by Bonnie Scott, the woman who appears to be organizing the effort:

Quote:
This is the latest version of the four-page handout for Vermonters for Ibogaine Research. I gave out copies at the meeting Wednesday, and left more with Rep. Dame for the rest of the Health and Human Services committee who are considering the bill.

It's meant to be an introduction, to explain what ibogaine is, and why Vermont should consider including it in their treatment programs. Any comments or suggestions for it? With this link, you should be able to comment on the Google Doc itself.

Full Doc...
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

RhythmSpring
#10 Posted : 1/30/2016 6:11:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ That seems like a really solid intro.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Praxis.
#11 Posted : 4/13/2016 6:32:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New article from the Psychedelic Times: Making Ibogaine Treatment Legal in Vermont: An Interview with Bonnie Scott

Quote:
The design of the bill is also quite ingenious, as it seeks to fit seamlessly within Vermont’s existing addiction treatment system rather than create a standalone ibogaine treatment option. Bonnie explained:

“Vermont’s treatment system is set up as a hub and spoke, where the hubs are the larger centers where they can evaluate people and hand out methadone, and the spokes are the therapists which focus on ongoing care and other specialties. This bill would allow an ibogaine clinic to plug into that system as a spoke where a therapist in some other spoke can say ‘Hey, my patient wants to kick their opioid habit completely, I think they’d be perfect for ibogaine,’ and then refer them to an ibogaine clinic where we’ll have an ongoing FDA-approved study.”

Bonnie and her collaborators at Vermonters for Ibogaine Research are making great strides with their ibogaine advocacy, and as amazing as it will be if and when bill H.741 passes, it is also part of a larger conversation about psychoactive plants and medicines and how we understand them as a culture. “As a libertarian, I believe that nobody should be made a criminal for something they possess or ingest. Coming from a background in marijuana legalization, I saw ibogaine as something that we could legalize too, and in doing so, help people who really need it — and through that counteract some of the biggest fears about what drug legalization looks like.”

I know this is a year late, but in response to:

Quote:
I don't see any mention of how they intend to source the ibogaine without violating Gabon's export laws. Exporting iboga is expressly forbidden, and, at the very least, some of the bark available in Cameroon and South Africa is smuggled out of Gabon before sale.

For better or worse I hope they synth or semi synth it from other sources. It's very unlikely a farm project will result directly from this bill.

The ibogaine will be sourced from Voacanga through a company called Phytosan, located in Montreal.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?