We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
THC Problem Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 6/16/2009 9:15:33 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Swiy had a load of ganja - soaked it in naptha and evapped it down and gave it to swim - swim wasnt sure what to do with it - hadnt heard of naptha being used to extract thc before but its non-polar so he thought it should contain actives.
swim had left it sitting there for months and decided to clean it out - instead of chucking it out he added acetone to the remaining naptha, then added activated carbon - then he filtered it then evapped it down - nice clear - orangish goo - smelled preddy nice too.
then swim washed it with very hot water a few times - on the last wash some acetone spilled in - so swim added d-limonene to pick up the actives and separated them - then swim evapped the dlimonene - nice clear goo once again but the dlimo smell is there and wont go away - swim tried a few things to clean it but nothing is helping much

is there any way to make thc insoluble in d-limonene ?
with an alkaloid a suitable salt form could be found - diterpenoids dont seem to be able to become salts tho -
he tried mixing it with acetone and evapping it a few times - washing it with water, scraping it up and remelting it a few times, etc...

swims out of ideas.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 6/16/2009 10:40:22 AM

The Root

on burning the stuff the main smell is dlimonene - ?
no smell of hash - it doesnt behave like bho either
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 6/16/2009 11:11:15 AM

The Root

okay so swim scraped up the ball of goo and put it in a bowl and covered it with about 65 degree c water
stirred it with a pin - it started releasing bubbles
swim scooped some up after it had been sitting in the hot water for a while and burned it.
swim held it over a lighter and slowly heated it - it suddenly burst into flames - releasing a dlimonene smell then continued burining and releasing black smoke - wtf ?
anyone got any ideas how this can be cleaned ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 6/16/2009 8:42:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

eek!
it's a sound

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 6/16/2009 8:50:41 PM

The Root

is swim doing things that are terribly wrong ?
haha swim doesnt care about losses - been kinda fun playing with it under hot water - looks like a mongolian sand worm when stretched out and irritated.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

bufoman
#6 Posted : 6/16/2009 9:29:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This may be difficult. Keep washing with water many times. Try hot water. Maybe re-dissolve it in an organic solvent and wash heavily with water. Filter it through some silica or cotton balls the limonene may stick and stay behind.

Another possibility is put it in the oven at 150 degrees for a few hours. Hopefully the limon will evaporate away.

If worst comes to worst tell SWIM to just eat the extract.

40oztofreedom
#7 Posted : 6/16/2009 10:22:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
If worst comes to worst tell SWIM to just eat the extract.

d-limonene brownies anybody? Very happy
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 6/17/2009 6:33:24 AM

The Root

hehe yeah - swims been doing all the above - got some on my tooth - very active as is,
what is a safe max temp i can do this in the oven at ? without bothering the thc ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 6/17/2009 11:06:45 AM

The Root

swim utfse and came up with thc's boiling point at 200c - vape point must be higher so swim is baking the dlimo out - been soaking it hot water since last night -
if swim wanted to convert this to some other form of thc - perhaps a more active one - or even just a different one - just for a change - how would swim do it ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 6/17/2009 11:37:50 AM

The Root

i came across this

The first reaction, Cannabidiol --> Delta-9 THC, is, I think, what
is generally referred to as isomerization. This can occur in an
absolute ethanol solution with .05% HCL boiled for 2 hours (the
"hash" oil is in solution in the ethanol, obviously). The
increase in potency you'll get depends on the relative amounts of
Cannabidiol and THC in the original oil. If there were 1 part
THC and 1 part Cannabidiol, then you might expect a doubling of
potency after isomerization.

sounds simple enough but swim cant get alcahol - any other ideas on a good way to achieve this ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 6/17/2009 11:40:39 AM

The Root

reading this document - http://www.druglibrary.o...%20Hashmaking%20Book.htm
it mentions or is focused on rather - thc acetate - i thought thc could not be a salt ? what am i missing ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#12 Posted : 6/17/2009 1:11:10 PM

The Root

allright so swim baked it for about 1 hour at 150c and it changed form alot
its gone from goo to rock solid - it breaks like glass, kinda shatters into shards - its odorless - black when alltogether and totally transparent reddy orange when flat - swim should have been taking pix the whole way thru - but he didnt -
Its smokable - burns well - has a preddy uniform vape temp it seems and has just the slightest aftertaste of dlimonene - the taste is not fantastic but i didnt think it would be - if this ball survives the rest of the day Smile swim will try some random conversions on it perhaps.

- here is what it looks like now -

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ginkgo
#13 Posted : 6/17/2009 1:33:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe a bit late, but why not just dissolve it in some fat, bake it and eat it? The Limonene will give it a citrus-taste, a taste you might even like in edibles.

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 6/17/2009 1:38:28 PM

The Root

good idea but the point of this is to get pure thc - or close to it
or
some other kinda thc other than delta 9
cooking ganj always knocks me hard - last time it lasted 3 days - waking up stoned 2 days after you eat its not too fun.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

bufoman
#15 Posted : 6/19/2009 5:14:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To isolate the individual cannabinoid components you would need to use a column chromatography or distillation set up. Regular extractions are nothing special as far as psycho-activity goes.

That is a very strange composition. SWIM has only seen oily extracts before. Some are thick but that one looks solid. Pure THC is a transparent oil.

Isomerization is only useful if SWIM has a high CBD content. One would need to use TLC to determine this. If it doesn't have a high CBN content than the conversion is pointless. Unless the weed is premature or strong sativa it likely does not.

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 6/19/2009 6:13:28 AM

The Root

it was made from a strong sativa - apparently the fact that it shatters is a good sign that decarboxylation has occured.
The melting temp is wrong tho - it is very melted at 150c - i thought it should only melt at 200.
surely there must be something i can do with this other than smoke it as is.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote: