We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Uneasy experience Options

ShowMeMore
#1 Posted : 4/22/2015 7:34:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was my 3rd trip of the evening..My last plunge was at about 00:20...I got back home,went to my housemates room smoked some weed and waited for the vape pen to charge..Fast forward to 01:55,my vape was loaded with 20mg of the spice,(i sat in the room and the very place i laid when i had my first dmt trip),and away i went...At first it was normal,the sensation,the feeling. i didnt know whether i had my eyes open or not,the visuals were too intense..Anyway i remember having my eyes open and everything looked great ,i felt good,(it felt almost like an exact repeat of the first experience)..The room was starting to change but it was only subtle..For example i remember the record player looking wider and slimmer...Anyway everything was great i was enjoying this experience..As i was looking around at my settings and i looked towards the door i felt a presence but couldnt see anything..(*Note..From the angle i was sitting a wardrobe cast a shadow across the doorway, and with only a dim lamp lighting the room the doorway looked pitch black anyway)
So i tried shifting my attention away from that corner and looked elsewhere in the room.Sitting on the bed next to me is my house mate.I can see he's loading up the vape.For some reason hes banging the vape.When i look at him i can see him and i know hes holding the vape but i couldnt diffrentiate so my image of him was like a blackish outline of himself and when he would look over at me to see how im doing it felt as if he was coming close and invading my personal space even though in reality he hadnt actually moved.Whilst this was happening that dark doorway making me feel uneasy was in my view again and the previous feelings came back stronger.I was also feeling on edge about what my friend was doing and the two together was making me feel nervous and uneasy.So i was looking forward back at the music equipment and everything seemed to be further away like a fair amount further away from me than before.I felt like i was being pulled..All of these things happening together actually had me scared..I managed to say "its...weird"..I remember my friend replying "whats weird?"...I dont think i replied but i remember feeling very relieved and all the negative feelings started to go and i was basically just sat there coming back down....

If im honest ive been thinking a lot about this one.The trip before this one (which i also wrote up),i encountered something which seemed to be attacking me.The comparison i made at the time (and a lose one at that) is of a mid transforming transformer.(i actually watched transformers:age of extinction today.Watch as the man-made transformers transform.Thats the closest visual description i can give of that thing).It seemed to be brown,red and white and the backdrop was total darkness.I remember this passing very quickly and the rest of the experience was enjoyable.
Is it possible that after this experience,on a sub concious level i was thinking about "bad trips" which played a huge role in my 3rd trip?..i would say highly probable,but would this really cause that much of an effect? or was it a variety of things and triggers.

Usually when i smoke,my eyes are open until the visuals take over and i close them and go on my journey,however this particular time the intense colours and patterns went and subsided very quickly just leaving me with my eyes closed just seeing darkness with an odd flicker of blue,red and purple here and there like some sort of psychedellic lighthouse. So i thought the view might be better with my eyes open.

So connecting the dots together ive come to the conclusion that a combination of " bad trip" in my sub concious + what i would call a "pre breakthrough" experience + my friend banging the vape on a table + my irresponsible use led to this experience..
Im still a relative noob too DMT so im sorry if this seems "noob" to you.Ive just been reflecting on this and wanted to know what others make of it

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jellyindwin
#2 Posted : 4/23/2015 9:37:26 AM

Spaceman

Hello mate, hope you're well,

I had a fairly similiar experience as yours, I was coming down off of a strong trip and while I was in my bedroom I felt a presence around me in the room that felt sinister and the walls went a very particular shade of green, I was instantly terrified and had to get up and scramble outside, it was similiar to how you explain the doorway, just something creeped me out even tho nothing happened.

I took it as a sign that I needed to stop, tho I doubt this is why yours happened, maybe you need to put more effort into your ritual before? I had around fifty trips that were all fantastic with not even an inkling of a bad one until I did it without intentions. Meditate, light some incense, get some chilled music on and I'd recommend that if you want to try again, start with small doses and work your way up.

All the best and good luck!

Jelly Smile

Also having your friend there distracting you may have done something,I doubt it would have caused the bad stuff but it maybe wouldn't have helped, it's good to have a sitter but if you do it's best that they just sit away and relax.

Another tip, if you get into a sticky situation where you're scared, accept it and surrender, easier said that done but what I felt was going to be a terrifying trip actually turned into my best to date once I let go

anrchy
#3 Posted : 4/23/2015 10:09:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds like you had a few triggers that caused your experience to shift in that way. A few things I recommend...

If you must have someone in the room with you they need to be still and absolutely silent. Although I recommend you learn to journey alone, if done right a sitter can be as if they aren't even there. They should especially not be performing any kind of tasks while you are in. They need to be mindful of how much noise they are creating.

Turn off all lights. Blankets in the Windows if it's daytime. This isn't completely necessary but I find it helps the experience unfold properly, especially when you are first starting out with dmt.

Clear your mind. As much as is possible.

Imo you should separate which experiences are open eyed and which are closed eyed, although keeping your eyes open and letting hyperspace swallow reality is a common technique that works fine I would start out just doing closed eye experiences until you become more accustomed to navigating the dmt headspace.

Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

null24
#4 Posted : 4/23/2015 3:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Anrchy's advice is solid. I pretty much only travel alone. A few where I've had a companion have been okay, but I've also noticed that the slightest perturbation in the environment, a ticking clock, or god forbid, an active human, can take over the trip and in hyperspace it seems that distraction equals chaos.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

#5 Posted : 4/24/2015 3:49:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

It'll take time, you'll find what works and is conducive versus what doesn't work and is contradictory, it all comes with experience. Definitely agree with anrchy completely.

Dim lighting or very little to no lighting at all is preferred, especially if your just stating out and get a stiff dose, as a lit room can cause panic in some due to how rapid DMT can set in and start to disassemble reality. Less lighting to no lighting helps you relax and give in more fully to the experience ime.

Anytime I have had anyone around when i've smoked, I ALWAYS have everyone step out, which leaves me by myself typically. I'll typically stay in the room if someone else is partaking unless they would rather be alone, which then i'll step out. If anyone stays in the room they have to be absolutely quiet - no phones, no tapping, no giggling, no nothing. People that are not under the influence of DMT have a hard time realizing how sensitive people can be and how hyper-aware you can be at times, especially during the comedown. The comedown especially, afterwards, just sitting there basking in the afterglow, those can be some of the most aware times during the experience imo, the time where most is absorbed.

ShowMeMore
#6 Posted : 4/24/2015 4:49:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the advice,im gonna take it on board.Ive always thought it would be best to be on your own free from the distraction of others im just a bit nervous.Ive always smoked/vaped spice with 2 friends.Looks like its time for me to step out of my comfort zone.

DeltaSpice
#7 Posted : 4/24/2015 3:17:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally a blind fold works for me every time unless im outdoors where I hit a point that my eyes are forced shut.
The other day I was testing some new Changa , blindfolded I decided for once to take the blind fold off so I could judge the effects better. To my surprise the space in the room was full of patterns so I place the blind fold back on to continue with my experience.
Instantly I was seeing snakes, spiders and creepy things in the darkness. Some thing didn't like me breaking from my session. Understandable. Don't mess with the vine baby Thumbs up