We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV114115116117118NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

DansMaTete
#2301 Posted : 3/24/2015 1:36:57 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

If nothing works you can try :

- Stir gently with a glass rod (patience is a virtue)
- Filtration : best with hydrophobe filter but works also with normal filter
- Centrifugation : needs a device or if you like to spin with you arms outstretched Very happy

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ufostrahlen
#2302 Posted : 3/24/2015 3:02:18 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

By 'separate the emulsion' I mean separate both layers, as I would be afraid of cracking the glass and waste the whole product. You're on the safe side by just heating up the emulsion. And by warm baths suck, I mean that a hot plate with a water bath is of course optimum, but if you don't own one, a hair dryer does the job, too. Be careful with fumes, the flash point of Xylene is @ 30 °C (86 °F), so do it in a well ventilated area and release pressure often.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Thunderhorse
#2303 Posted : 3/25/2015 4:59:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello my very good Nexians

I need help in formulating/finding a tek for psychotria eye drops
in view of purely migraine (and cluster headache if a possibility) treatments alone.

I have googled this for a very long time - long enough for viridis leaf cuttings to grow 8-9 inch plantlets, and long enough to forget if I already asked here Very happy

....and I can only find that it's use as eye drops does exist-
just not how it is made safely at home.

I am initially asking about viridis but i also grow carthagenensis/alba and nervosa.

I have researched basic home made eye drop recipes , found out that it doesnt have much of a shelf-life, and learned that saline has a specific percentage of salt
(i think it was 0.09%?) to match the body, I just don't know if the chemicals in the plant
may somehow interact in a way that could perhaps require a different ratio of salt to distilled water.

thank you kindly in advance for any help toward this goal,
once achieved I will share it with fellow clusterheads and clusterbusters.

I'm pretty sure here will be the best place to ask.
-hoss

i suppose you think that's real fwokken funneh huh? x] baaaasterdz

serious
#2304 Posted : 3/26/2015 12:52:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I used Earthwalker's tek, it all was going well until the cleanup step 3 and 4. He mentions brown fatty liquid in step 3, all I had was a clear fatty liquid, that had loads of oily bubbles if shaken. I sucked all that fatty stuff up and disposed (after I put it in a seperate container, it had two layers, very saturated red and vague red). Now in step 4 he adds lye and his whole substance becomes milky/white.
That's where I knew something was not right. Mine stayed clear. Then when adding naphtha (I used Bull Brand lighter liquid, might be the Achilles heel here..) I could see some crystal-like spots appearing in between the two layers, but nothing like Earthwalker's thick white stuff.
So yeah, cleanup stage was all with clear substance, no white / milky stuff. Weird dare I say. Anyway, it's now been 15 hours in the freezer and I just opened to check how it was and I did not see anything crashing out. :/ Only point where I might have done something wrong would be the temperatures, but I explicitly made sure the base soup stayed in heat baths etc. Also I did not do the pre-freeze evap?
Someone please let me know how should I proceed with the liquid from feezer if nothing crashes out.
Thank you!

EDIT: Would ask Earthwalker himself, but apparently I'm not worthy of this forum's privilege yet. Laughing

Tryptallmine
#2305 Posted : 3/27/2015 1:19:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thunderhorse wrote:

Hello my very good Nexians

I need help in formulating/finding a tek for psychotria eye drops
in view of purely migraine (and cluster headache if a possibility) treatments alone.

I have googled this for a very long time - long enough for viridis leaf cuttings to grow 8-9 inch plantlets, and long enough to forget if I already asked here Very happy

....and I can only find that it's use as eye drops does exist-
just not how it is made safely at home.

I am initially asking about viridis but i also grow carthagenensis/alba and nervosa.

I have researched basic home made eye drop recipes , found out that it doesnt have much of a shelf-life, and learned that saline has a specific percentage of salt
(i think it was 0.09%?) to match the body, I just don't know if the chemicals in the plant
may somehow interact in a way that could perhaps require a different ratio of salt to distilled water.

thank you kindly in advance for any help toward this goal,
once achieved I will share it with fellow clusterheads and clusterbusters.

I'm pretty sure here will be the best place to ask.
-hoss

I don't want to be a kill joy here however, are you sure your vision is something you really want to take a gamble with? Say you manage to extract something and you destroy your vision in the process by squirting untested liquids into your eye. Would that have been worth trying to develop a novel way to administer alkaloids to address 'cluster headaches'? I don't think it would.

The rest of your body has ways to breakdown and remove unwanted materials however your eyes don't and you only get one set in this life. Please really consider the risk before you go about even attempting to do this. It could have serious repercussions that stay with you for the rest of your life.

Be safe.

Synergeon
#2306 Posted : 3/28/2015 11:56:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone!
In this guide https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=44251 it is reported to use 250 grams of NaOH for a 1kg acacia confusa extraction, while there https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1085 it is reported to use 1 gram for every gram of bark.

The ratios are quite different (1/4 compared to 1/1), could someone kindly explain me why there's this difference? And what would be the best amount to use so?

Thanks Smile

Firemetal420
#2307 Posted : 3/28/2015 3:07:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Synergeon wrote:
Hi everyone!
In this guide https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=44251 it is reported to use 250 grams of NaOH for a 1kg acacia confusa extraction, while there https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1085 it is reported to use 1 gram for every gram of bark.

The ratios are quite different (1/4 compared to 1/1), could someone kindly explain me why there's this difference? And what would be the best amount to use so?

Thanks Smile

There's a difference because different people do things in different ways... and IME it's better to focus on your ph being correct more than the exact amount used. That being said IMHO a gram of NaOH for every gram used seems like a little much.
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

Synergeon
#2308 Posted : 3/28/2015 3:22:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Firemetal420 wrote:
Synergeon wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks Smile

There's a difference because different people do things in different ways... and IME it's better to focus on your ph being correct more than the exact amount used. That being said IMHO a gram of NaOH for every gram used seems like a little much.

Ok, thanks.

Tryptallmine
#2309 Posted : 3/29/2015 11:17:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Synergeon wrote:
Firemetal420 wrote:
Synergeon wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks Smile

Ok, thanks.

Definitely use a pH meter. Usually 50-60g NaOH into 2lt of water is generally enough to get the pH above 12 which is where you want it in that phase. Be careful when adding excessive amounts of NaOH into any extraction as it generates a lot of heat as a byproduct.

It can be dangerous to handle when adding it into an already warm solution (100deg c +), last thing you want is a broken extraction vessel and NaOH spilled everywhere.

Bl1nd
#2310 Posted : 4/9/2015 6:05:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Attempting Earhtwalker's ACRB 100g tek with wash.

I have a heap of questions. Before I post, can anyone help me with the best place to post these questions? Should it be within this thread or a new topic? Just trying to reach the most people and experienced members in on this TEK.

I have re-written the tek and tried to simplify the wording. Certainly not trying to jack anyone's tek or hard work, just trying to mitigate any ambiguities and avoid misinterpretations.

Unable to PM Earthwalker as I'm a new member so have restrictions in place. He's done some awesome work. Props.

Many thanks in advance.
... not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Life is just a ride - Bill Hicks.

pitubo
#2311 Posted : 4/9/2015 12:02:17 PM

dysfunctional word machine

kingofsnakes wrote:
I have a heap of questions. Before I post, can anyone help me with the best place to post these questions? Should it be within this thread or a new topic?

This thread seems like a good place. Be sure to search the forum if these questions have been answered already, or your posting might get replaced in the "What the FAQ.." thread.

Rizzy41
#2312 Posted : 4/10/2015 6:07:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, I've got another question. I'm in the process of setting up a vacuum filter and I'm just wondering how do I keep my pump safe from flammable solvents such as isopropanol?
It's not a very strong pump (12V, 16"Hg), but I'm concerned that my solvent vapor is going to cause problems in the motor.

Is it alright to just hook the vacuum pump up to my buchner? Or do I need to put some cotton in the tubing or something to protect my pump?

Thanks

AdventSingularity
#2313 Posted : 4/19/2015 11:50:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So as my first time synthesizing DMT, I am attempting Q21Q21's Lime/Vinegar tek for the second time now and am looking for some advice.

The first time I attempted it, I realized I didn't have the right glassware to do this and ended up wasting some MHRB.

The second time I was much better prepared and have ended with a brown, crumbly substance after the vinegar evaporated (still smells faintly of vinegar)

I was wondering if there is a way to further purify this material, or if it's 'good enough'?

edit: after reading the BLAB wiki entry, I think what I have here is fumarate, so I need to freebase it?
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ep_6-Acetates_conversion

Triptamino
#2314 Posted : 4/24/2015 10:46:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

CYBS SALT TEK MAX ION QUESTIONS:

Freeze/thaw question:
How many hours does it take to freeze usually?
It says as soon as it is frozen, thats why i ask.

Defat question: Since im using Acrb its advisable to do a defat right?
Is it okey if i use hepthan? I tried googling it, and it seems hepthan can be used instead of naphtha - am i right?

Pull question:
Since the pulling will be fairly fast, is it okey if i pull with a plastic syringe? Or does it have to be glass?

How warm should the NPS be in celcius? Not to hot i know, since it will take alot of fats right?

is says in step 9 (cybssalttekmaxion)
(Pull Solvent from the mix and store in jar. Allow the solvent to cool to room temp then store in fridge to aid in crystal forming.)
Since im doing 5-6 pull should 1 pyrex with pull be placed in fridge with the total of all pulls, or 6 pulls in one pyrex dish pulled the same day?

when reading the steps some times more, it seems to combine them all, and then using cool fan to evaporate down the nps til it becomes milky.

Okey, i think im ready to try my first extraction after i know this.

I would love to get crystals and not goo from the acacia i got, what to do and not to do when aiming for that.

Edit: Also, in the first tek it says 50 gram i used, but in the second (Max ion) its 50-100g - and a 2 litter bottle has to be used? in the first 1 liter bottle it okey. so how do i scale this?
I understand the ph has to be low in the acid stage, and in the base stage it has to be 12 for maximum output.

SomeYoungTraveler
#2315 Posted : 5/1/2015 12:49:22 AM

Tag

Triptamino

Freeze/thaw question: If you use 1ml per g of bark, it could take a while, like up to 8 hours; if you use 2 or 3, it probably won't take more than 4 hours.

Defat question: As far as I know, and this is just me pulling ACRB with xylene, so correct me if I'm wrong, but you shouldn't need to defat with ACRB. But I mean I did an ATB, so it might be different in your case.

Pull question: If you aren't a fan of smoking plastic or you are a fan of purifying and cleaning your product very well, don't use plastic. And many times it's hard to find out if a product is made of HDPE or not. I would try leaving some in the syringe for a minute or two and if there aren't any marks or distortions on the syringe, it will probably work as a temporary solution. I personally use glass, and don't buy a cheap glass syringe because it's not very hard for some chemicals to eat glass-seeming products.

NPS temp question: Warm to the touch is ideal. If you're using lye as the base, heating the NPS shouldn't be required because rolling it around in the soup should heat it as is.

Step 9 question: Me personally, I would seperate the pulls and number them so you know how each one went, how much each one pulled, and then correlate those with their temperatures so you can make a comparison of how well each pull did and that way if one went wrong, it might be a little easier to work with. Especially if you're evaporating because 1 jar<6 jars surface area, so more surface area will help it evaporate much faster.

*A note as well; I would aim for a pH of 13 if you're using lye/naptha because more of the dmt will be freebased in the soup, so I believe it will be easier to grab that with naptha because naptha isn't dmt's most attractive solvent, so it doesn't take it as well as say xylene or DCM. And yeah, around a pH of 3 is fine for the acid cook. It might go up slowly over time from the heating (I think), so I'd aim for 3.7 at the highest. But just an opinion, many methods work I'm sure. Best of luck friend.
Don't force things to happen. Let them happen before you, and all will be well. -Mantra of Life

"If you're not ready for death, what makes you think you're ready for life?" -SYT

SomeYoungTraveler
#2316 Posted : 5/1/2015 12:50:58 AM

Tag

*I posted this in the FAQ as it's own thread and didn't get any replies in 4 days after helping out a few other fellow travelers of the nexus, so I would really appreciate if someone could help my friend out here; otherwise tomorrow he's just going to try basing it up to 13 and hope for the best results :/ although he despises using that much lye Neutral

My friend is really having troubles with extracting dmt and he would love any amount of help in any way, shape, or form because he's struggled his way through 3 extractions, now being the 4th and even though he had slightly traceable success the first time due to a different method, he's really getting disappointed with all the effort and work he's put towards trying to work an efficient and lye-less way of producing and even his dreams are telling him something in his ways must be seperated. He wasn't sure where to add this thread because he doesn't know what the problem is, so without further ado, here's a concise rundown of what he's done so far:

Mixed ATB

1. Filled tupperware with 950g ACRB (blended into pieces no bigger than a thumbnail) and 2L distilled and acidified water (1 1/2 tsp citric acid per 4L).
2. Nuked twice, 1 minute break in between 1 minute MAE's (Microwave assisted extraction).
3. Boiled 4 times, 90 minutes each time, strained out with a shirt.
4. Split into 2 separate extraction vessels and inflated both to 3L per glass jar, so 6L total in 2 jars.
5. Implemented Cyb's Max ion tek (I believe it's from this tek) step by adding 450g non-iodized salt to balance the distribution ratio (partition coefficient).
6. Attempted to use sodium carbonate (bicarbonate put in oven in excess of an hour), however after using more than 150g (why so much?) to bring the pH up to a mild 10.4, I broke down and used about 50g of lye roughly to push it up to 11.7 or 11.8.
7. Used 5 roughly 400ml xylene pulls and an experimental acetone pull of about the same volume after leaving vessel in hot water bath for long enough to warm contents. Pulls were added to vessel and vessel was turned more slowly than swiftly a full 360 degrees sideways/up&down 6-10 times on average. Very minimal to no impurity or soup in most of the final 6 jars.
8. Final 6 jars salted with roughly 100-140ml FASA total (heated to take in at least the required 309mg/100ml) at a rate of 10ml every 10 min using a 1ml glass syringe.
9. What is left after 16 hours (I know, slightly less than alotted because I'm quick to assume failure at this point) is honestly negligible lol. I mean some have sizeable piles of flakes in them at best, but it's not looking very optimistic on its own right now Razz

*He can't confirm this is A. Confusa personally, but he did a 500g extraction and did yield enough to confirm it was a dmt-containing plant. He isn't sure how much the saturated solvent should cloud upon disturbing the surface because he's never seen a perceivable difference between a 50g-extraction's saturated solvents or the latter, but there was slight to mild clouding upon blowing on and salting the xylene/acetone, only enough to steal a glance for affirmation.

He assumed that since the distribution ratio was adjusted by the non-iodized salt, the xylene/acetone would then be strong enough to pull the freebased dmt out of the bark and deliver it safely into his jars, however, although highly unsuccessful, the xylene was slightly, but noticably more effectual than the acetone. He also knows he should have tried this on a 100g extraction first, but because of his lack of spare time, he needed to be able to use the opportunity he obtained to have some for a long while following now. But any help is so much obliged, he's really hoping he doesn't have to use DCM and he knows sunflower oil and lime/limonene can be used, however he prefers using the solvents because they seem quicker/easier/possibly better (someone tell me if I'm wrong and sunflower oil or lime/limonene is better at pulling because I'm not close-minded Thumbs up ). Many thanks for any help anyone may offer!
Don't force things to happen. Let them happen before you, and all will be well. -Mantra of Life

"If you're not ready for death, what makes you think you're ready for life?" -SYT

decibel
#2317 Posted : 5/8/2015 10:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey y'all Big grin

So I was wondering, how far is it possible to boil down ones acidic solution without losing any yield?

In another thread Endlessness suggests that it is possible that 12ml of water can hold 1gram of dmt fumarate. I'm guessing it would be same thing with dmt acetate?

endlessness wrote:
I'm not sure the exact numbers, it also will depend on salt form (or acid in water), but DMT should be VERY soluble in acidic water. Definitely more than 15g per one liter acidified water. In bufoman's dmt fumarate clean up, he uses 12ml water per gram of DMT fumarate, so it must be at least that amount.

SWIM is going to make an A/B extraction on 2kg MHRB. Lets say all 1% of the DMT was pulled out of the root bark and in the acidic solution. Would SWIM be able to boil down to like a half liter without losing any yield?

The reason SWIM wants to know, is that he only has a 1 liter separatory funnel, so boiling things down to <1L would make things a bit easier. But if any of you think it is a bad idea, SWIM will boil down to 1.5L and pull on 0.75 at a time.

wearepeople
#2318 Posted : 5/9/2015 3:22:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

decibel wrote:
SWIM is going to make an A/B extraction on 2kg MHRB. Lets say all 1% of the DMT was pulled out of the root bark and in the acidic solution. Would SWIM be able to boil down to like a half liter without losing any yield?

Whoa, whoa, whoa buddy. 2kg?

That's a big mess waiting to happen, for a number of reasons. Messes during and after the extraction. Have you ever extracted before? I'm guessing "No" due to your elementary question. At 1% yield, that's 20g of DMT, waaaaaaay more than you need for a personal supply. Consider your intentions, and "no" I don't want to hear what they are in rebuttal.

I think you'll have much more success doing a 100g extraction to test the waters.

Peace,
wap

p.s. you can boil the acidic solution down as far as it can go without burning it, that's when losses will occur.

p.p.s please don't use "SWIM" here.
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

SomeYoungTraveler
#2319 Posted : 5/12/2015 6:44:44 PM

Tag

Well I'm not sure if anyone is concerned or even interested in why my friend's process didn't work, but it's because you can't pull DMT when the ph is 11.8 unless you use diethyl ether, chloroform, or DCM. So for anyone considering using sodium carbonate as a base to substitue for lye, y'all better have good respiration equipment because those solvents aren't the kind of solvents you mess around with.

Peace, Love, and Light
SYT

decibel
#2320 Posted : 5/13/2015 1:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wearepeople wrote:
p.s. you can boil the acidic solution down as far as it can go without burning it, that's when losses will occur.

How do you know if its burning, when it is dissolved in water?

wearepeople wrote:
p.p.s please don't use "SWIM" here.

I don't want to be rude or anything, but why not?
I'm deeply sorry if I crossed any line. Just following the dmt handbook, but with mhrb in stead of acacia.

«PREV114115116117118NEXT»