We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Spiritual quotes Options

third-eye-open
#41 Posted : 4/22/2015 10:12:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"There are two ways to live your life. One is though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything to miracle." Albert Einstein

"With great power comes great responsibility." Voltaire
"Realty is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -Lily Tomlin

The cosmos is viewed as a spontaneous act of ongoing creation arising out of a womb-like emptiness with unlimited potential.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DmnStr8
#42 Posted : 4/24/2015 1:05:13 AM

Come what may

"All the worldโ€™s major religions, with their emphasis on love, compassion, patience, tolerance, and forgiveness can and do promote inner values. But the reality of the world today is that grounding ethics in religion is no longer adequate. This is why I am increasingly convinced that the time has come to find a way of thinking about spirituality and ethics beyond religion altogether."
~Dalai Lama

โ€œA human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.โ€
~Albert Einstein

"In joy and sorrow all are equal, thus be guardian of all, as yourself."
~Shantideva

"You create your own universe as you go along."
~Winston Churchill

"Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not believed."
~William Blake
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Legarto Rey
#43 Posted : 4/24/2015 10:21:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"If you want to be happy, be happy. If you want to be loved, love. Now, don't wait!"
Melvin Higgins aka Goswami Kriyananda, 1930-2015

You guys/gals are a wellspring of hope and wisdom. The Lineage continues unbroken and indeed reveres the sacred grace of the "mixed wine". Peace of mind and spirit to all at the Nexus.

Cognitive Heart
#44 Posted : 4/26/2015 11:33:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A lot of people pass through the thinking I'm a guru and take enough trips to understand that no, I was just a witness. I was just a witness. ~ Terence McKenna
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Mindlusion
#45 Posted : 4/27/2015 10:14:48 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

"The field is the sole governing agency of the particle" - einstein

^^ i love that Terrence Mckenna quote, the humility speaks truth.

"All truth is from the Spirit, for He is "the Spirit of truth," but it is especially His work to bear witness to Him who is the truth"
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Cognitive Heart
#46 Posted : 5/29/2015 6:56:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wink
Cognitive Heart attached the following image(s):
551338_618644914862367_458033298_n.jpg (36kb) downloaded 263 time(s).

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cognitive Heart
#47 Posted : 5/29/2015 7:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love
Cognitive Heart attached the following image(s):
11265404_846706472032812_6900849891084511403_n.jpg (46kb) downloaded 258 time(s).

Back fingers
#48 Posted : 6/1/2015 1:59:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"The greatest gift we have to give in this world is our undivided attention. We should be very aware of who or what we give it to, and weather they or it warrant it." - me on my first San Pedro adventure

thymamai
#49 Posted : 6/1/2015 8:59:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Back fingers wrote:
"The greatest gift we have to give in this world is our undivided attention. We should be very aware of who or what we give it to, and weather they or it warrant it."

โ€• Back fingers, on his first saint perro

โ€œDon't talk unless you can improve the silence.โ€
โ€• Jorge Luis Borges

"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work. He knows too that the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the skill and strength of the opponents and the humiliation of defeat and the pride of victory are in themselves sufficient stake because they inhere in the worth of the principals and define them. But trial of chance or trial of worth all games aspire to the condition of war for here that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Suppose two men at cards with nothing to wager save their lives. Who has not heard such a tale? A turn of the card. The whole universe for such a player has labored clanking to this moment which will tell if he is to die at that manโ€™s hand or that man at his. What more certain validation of a manโ€™s worth could there be? This enhancement of the game to its ultimate state admits no argument concerning the notion of fate. The selection of one man over another is a preference absolute and irrevocable and it is a dull man indeed who could reckon so profound a decision without agency or significance either one. In such games as have for their stake the annihilation of the defeated the decisions are quite clear. This man holding this particular arrangement of cards in his hand is thereby removed from existence. This is the nature of war, whose stake is at once the game and the authority and the justification. Seen so, war is the truest form of divination. It is the testing of oneโ€™s will and the will of another within that larger will which because it binds them is therefore forced to select. War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god."
โ€• Cormac Mccarthy

โ€œ...I would think how words go straight up in a thin line, quick and harmless, and how terribly doing goes along the earth, clinging to it, so that after a while the two lines are too far apart for the same person to straddle from one to the other; and that sin and love and fear are just sounds that people who never sinned nor loved nor feared have for what they never had and cannot have until they forget the words.โ€
โ€• William Faulkner, As I Lay Dying

โ€œMemory believes before knowing remembers.โ€
โ€• William Faulkner, As I Lay Dying

fathomlessness
#50 Posted : 6/6/2015 10:39:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"The cosmos is also within us, We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - carl sagan

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
Dr. Seuss

xytek
#51 Posted : 6/6/2015 1:23:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One that I truly love:

There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
โ€• Thich Nhat Hanh

Complexity
#52 Posted : 6/6/2015 2:03:40 PM

Being & Becoming

Earth is my Witness
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Cognitive Heart
#53 Posted : 7/5/2015 4:46:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Know: I am both that which shines as conscious presence and its root which is unborn awareness. - Mooji

No Knowing
#54 Posted : 7/6/2015 8:01:17 AM

fool adept

Thus and unmistakably is the true object of the Great Work set before us, and we shall do well ever to keep eye and aspiration firmly fixed thereto. For while the road to the spiritual Zion demands great exertion, and because it is a way that at times proceeds by devious routes, there is great temptation to linger by the roadside, to stroll down pleasant side-lanes, or to play absentmindedly with toys or staves cut but to assist our forward march. But if we forget not to what noble city the winding path leads us, little danger can overtake any who pursue it steadfast to the end. It is only when the promise of the abiding city is forgotten that the road becomes hard, and the way beset by unseen danger and difficulty.-Israel Regardie

But I know, when the energy flows one is constantly in a sharing state; one would like to share with everybody, even with trees and rocks. But when it disappears you will feel very very empty, so empty that you would like to commit suicide. This happens only when you reach a peak of energy, and then coming back to the valley is very disturbing. People who live in the valley and never go to the peak never think of suicide. That's why in poor countries suicide is rare, in primitive countries absolutely non- existent. Animals don't commit suicide -- they never go to the peak. Because they don't know anything about the peak they never feel the ugliness, the darkness of the valley. Because they have never smelt the fragrance of the divine they can never smell the stinking existence that they are living. -OSHO

"the wise do not disturb the minds of the ignorantโ€ฆโ€Krishna Bhagavad Gita

โ€œThe wise man knows that it is better to sit on the banks of a remote mountain stream than to be emperor of the whole world.โ€
โ€• Zhuangzi

โ€œThe pages of history are red with the blood of illuminated "saints" who were murdered by their religions for actually achieving the advertised spiritual rewards.โ€
โ€• C.S.Hyatt

"How you do one thing is how you do all thingsโ€-antrocles
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

BongWizard
#55 Posted : 7/6/2015 9:28:14 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

"I've been told that if you change your mind, you change the world - or at least the way you experience it. Let's take a moment to examine that. The presumption is, if you thought the world was an hostile, ugly place filled with people doing awful things, that is what you'd see. Your mind would naturally seek out confirmation for its preconceived ideas.

If, however, you were able to sincerely change your mind and see that we are all God in drag, that we are the conscious aspects of a perfect universe which had to create us so we could bear witness and stand in awe before it's loving magnificence, then that is the soul-shaking reality you'd be greeted with each and every moment of each and every day.

In other words, it's is entirely our choice as to what kind of world we live in. With a simple decision, we can suffer in the darkness or play in the light. We can be angry, frightened and enslaved, or loving, joyous and free."

-Chuck Lorre (believe it or not)
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

โ—‹
#56 Posted : 7/7/2015 6:44:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Reality is a tension in the 'now" between an infinity towards which it tends and the nothingness into which it lapses through time.

author - ?

BongWizard
#57 Posted : 7/7/2015 10:03:15 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

jim2015 wrote:
I like my signature. Smile

I've liked that one for a long time. So perfect because it's so true.

I love how he leads into the joke too.

"Always that same LSD story, you've all seen it. 'Young man on acid, thought he could fly, jumped out of a building. What a tragedy.' What a dick! .... Wow, I just felt the world get lighter. We lost a moron! How about a positive LSD story? Wouldn't that be news-worthy, just the once? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition and lies? I think it would be news-worthy. Here's a headline for you:

'Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves'...'

Here's Tom with the weather."
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

Orion
#58 Posted : 7/26/2015 4:20:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.'

-Carl Gustav Jung
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Swarupa
#59 Posted : 9/19/2015 6:03:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Commit your mind to me and the task of knowing me
Devote all your heart to loving & worshipping me
Serve me in all of your actions
Be as nothing before me, that i may be all of you
Make me your only duty
I will deliver you from all division & separation
Grieve no more

Bhagavad Gita

TimeGearingBlocks
#60 Posted : 9/20/2015 6:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"It's the depths of their commitment that's so amazing, that they will go to such mental contortions to try to think of a way to preserve their beliefs in spite of evidence to the contrary." - David Morrison, PhD.
It all exists, because it does.

"Many are the names of God and infinite are the forms through which she may be approached. In whatever name and form you worship him, through them you will realize God."
- Sri Ramakrishna [edited]

StrangeLoop wrote:
The nature of the universe is to build up aggregates of conscious matter. Esse est percipi, to be is to be perceived, without observers the universe is just formless vibrations of energy. The all seeing eye is a human symbol we use to represent the idea that the universe itself has a consciousness and intelligence...God if you will. I think DMT opens you up to the absolute reality of pure consciousness and your rational brain is trying to figure out what it's experiencing by throwing up these archetypes.

PREV12345NEXT