We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Hand Account of DMTs Anti-Addiction Potential. Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 4/6/2015 5:45:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know it's well known that dmt and other psychedelics can help break down addiction problems, so it's not really new news. However, I have a first hand account of its healing potential that I would like to share with you all.

6 days ago, I had completed the first couple pulls on some chaliponga for a friend of mine. He has had the upmost respect for the plant and the spice, and sees it has a healing tool instead of a recreational thing (which helps lead to profound experiences imo). So when it was done, he was very eager to try it out.

Fast forward to the trip.

35mg of pretty pure spice (almost no discoloration and 10mg got me very far) was loaded into the bong for him. He took it all in about two hits, and instantly fell back into the couch and closed his eyes. Apparently he had an OBE, and things happened to show him that he needs to get over his fear of rejection. What stands out above all though is what happened when he came back.

This friend of mine is an alcoholic. He drinks a 30 case every night, on top of a bottle, so when he comes back from stuff like this it's usually a given that he will want a drink. So when he came back, I asked if he wanted one out of knowing that's what he usually does, and for the first time I have ever seen he denied the drink! He has had absolutely no desire to drink since the experience, and is now 6 days sober. No withdrawals, nothing. He reports that he feels better then he ever has.

This is why I do these things for some of my friends who don't have the know how to do so themselves, in hopes that it will teach them something or benefit their lives somehow. So it overwhelmed me with joy to hear that I was able to help him accomplish this. The next step is to try some ayahuasca once he is off of his SSRIs for a while. That's where the true healing power is at.

It is my hope that he remains this way, alcohol free. And I hope that my adventures will lead me to helping more people out in this way. It truly is a great feeling.

Thanks for reading all Very happy
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Godsmacker
#2 Posted : 4/6/2015 6:00:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A molecule, no matter how powerful or what name you give it, does not have the power to cure addiction on its own. In order to overcome addiction, the victim must will themself to not consume the substance to which they are addicted. Addiction cannot be instantly overcome after administration of a psychedelic alone. Recovery is a long and slow process which takes time, strength, and will power.
e
That being said, I believe that psychedelics can serve as catalysts in assisting personal transformation and healing. I am glad that your friend got the message from DMT that HE needs to overcome his addiction and that he is taking the steps to free himself from the liquor. However, sooner or later cravings will strike him and it will be up to him to apply the lesson(s) DMT taught him as he rages against this inner urge to relapse which all addicts face on the road to recovery. I wish him all the best and hope that his decision not to drink is a permanent one instead of a temporary fling (a fellow alcoholic friend of mine went sober for 3 weeks after smoalking a heavy dose of changa but eventually relapsed due in part to the fact that the people he worked with drank on the job, many of his friends drank, etc). I hope you will keep us updated with regards to your friend's recovery!

Regarding ayahuasca, I would advise you to stay clear of administering it. If this one breakthrough session was enough to make him put down the bottle for this long already, then perhaps that is all that is needed from psychedelics. I am not saying that ayahuasca wouldn't teach him anything extra (it most certainly will), I am suggesting that he continue to work on interpreting what he has already experienced and exploring his mind and psychological roots/triggers of addiction. If possible, I would suggest that he start seeing a counselor/therapest to talk with regarding his recovery and join a group of recovering addicts with whom he can converse with and help him stay on the path to recovery.

Addiction is not an infection of the mind which can be cured with a psychedelic; it is an inner mental battle which rages every second of every day in the addicts mind. DMT lit the road to recovery for him; it is up to him to follow it to the finish line.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Gone-and-Back
#3 Posted : 4/6/2015 8:22:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Everything you said is true, and I did not mean for it to sound like the dmt was the cure. However, it was the catalyst that showed him something great enough to abolish the desire of alcohol, at least for now.

It is a long road to recovery, you are right. It took me a while to recover from my opiate problem, and I still struggle sometimes with it to this day, years later. I am happy that he has at least started down this road though. There have been a lot of things that have happened to him because of the drinking, and I think the dmt helped him see the damage.

I will continue to update this in the coming days and weeks with his progress. Hopefully all remains well.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Synkromystic
#4 Posted : 4/6/2015 8:57:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice post Gone-and-Back.

I really appreciate dmt, because it allows for one to see their problems, AND helps you find the internal strength to do something about it. This 2 in 1 mechanism is so helpful!

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 4/6/2015 9:01:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think that's why I have such a love for psychedelics, the power they have to influence change.

I forgot to mention in the last post, the ayahuasca will not be attempted for a while, as he needs time to integrate his recent experience and also has to be doing well enough for his therapist to think that he doesnt need his meds anymore, which who knows when that will be. It is his ultimate goal however.

He is the one who wants to try the ayahuasca too, it's not soley my suggestion.

Icon
#6 Posted : 4/6/2015 9:11:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's pretty cool. I've seen psychedelics do amazing things too! Mushrooms have balanced out a couple of my friend's self destructive drinking habits. Ayahuasca has smoothed over some rough relationships and built many others. One lady who took the Aya found the courage to divorce her husband and quit her job as a manager for a pyramid-like insurance company. I know a few other people who were able to replace one or several prescription medications with cannabis. They definitely have the power to guide us through transitions we've been wanting or needing to make.

Tryptallmine
#7 Posted : 4/6/2015 11:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Godsmacker wrote:
A molecule, no matter how powerful or what name you give it, does not have the power to cure addiction on its own. In order to overcome addiction, the victim must will themself to not consume the substance to which they are addicted. Addiction cannot be instantly overcome after administration of a psychedelic alone. Recovery is a long and slow process which takes time, strength, and will power.

I think you're probably right there on most levels. I suspect that if a person has thought about it for long enough that the psychedelic experience has the ability to reaffirm the reasoning in the mind and assist to break the behavioral cycle surrounding substance abuse or addiction.

I had a pretty heavy DMT experience as an alcoholic. I'd previously thought about giving alcohol up as it was an extremely unhealthy life choice and created so much negativity within me.

When I finally came to after a breakthrough, I had very strong negative ideas attached to alcohol and no desire to drink again as an alcoholic. The experience helped me to rewire or adjust my relationship with alcohol entirely.

During the trip there were overwhelming thoughts of our bodies being a sacred, beautiful and intricate works of art that need to be nurtured and loved. It cut right across into my waking state. I now choose to live those ideas and eat extremely well, work out and maintain a very healthy body and mind. I think I owe a lot to several of these types of life changing psychedelic experiences.

Akasha224
#8 Posted : 4/7/2015 4:38:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tryptallmine wrote:
During the trip there were overwhelming thoughts of our bodies being a sacred, beautiful and intricate works of art that need to be nurtured and loved. It cut right across into my waking state. I now choose to live those ideas and eat extremely well, work out and maintain a very healthy body and mind. I think I owe a lot to several of these types of life changing psychedelic experiences.

YES!!! This happens to me especially on Psilocybin, since you have an extremely heightened sense of everything that's going on in your body...even taking a leak on mushrooms is a cool feeling, since you're really comprehending what your body is doing (flushing out waste). The past few heavy Psilocybin experiences I've had really gave me that "holy crap, you need to start taking care of yourself" feeling.

But again, no substance is going to motivate to pull your ass out of bed at 3:30 in the morning to go running when it's 6F outside. It's basically saying: "Here's what you need to do." You still need to do the doing.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

Gone-and-Back
#9 Posted : 4/23/2015 6:02:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I am sad to say that after a week he went back to drinking. He wants to give dmt or ayahuasca another go, and see if it helps more. I told him that these things alone will not cause him to break his dependence, but rather show him the reasons he SHOULD break his dependence. The choice to do so is up to him after that.

corpus callosum
#10 Posted : 4/23/2015 7:32:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Gone-and-Back wrote:
So I am sad to say that after a week he went back to drinking. He wants to give dmt or ayahuasca another go, and see if it helps more. I told him that these things alone will not cause him to break his dependence, but rather show him the reasons he SHOULD break his dependence. The choice to do so is up to him after that.

I wonder if your friend would benefit commencing an agent such as nalmefene or acamprosate which can really help with cravings for ethanol, perhaps after a formal Librium detox if he is back to drinking heavily.Incorrectly managed alcohol-withdrawal can be potentially life-threatening with risk of seizures and presents a medical emergency.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

null24
#11 Posted : 4/23/2015 8:37:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It's great that you are such a friend to this person that you would help him, or desire to. Thank you, from one addict who was abandoned, or pushed away, everyone. We all need friends.

Corpus, what are these things you talk of? Is it like a replacement therapy, ala methadone, or aversion, ala antabuse, or something that actually alleviates the cravings, or physical withdrawal, or the PAWS process? Sorry, I'm intrigued and have never heard of those things. Do you know what the trade name in the states for them is? If they are used in the PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) stage, i wonder if there would be efficacy with other substance issues, like heroin?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Gone-and-Back
#12 Posted : 4/24/2015 12:26:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
It's great that you are such a friend to this person that you would help him, or desire to. Thank you, from one addict who was abandoned, or pushed away, everyone. We all need friends.

Corpus, what are these things you talk of? Is it like a replacement therapy, ala methadone, or aversion, ala antabuse, or something that actually alleviates the cravings, or physical withdrawal, or the PAWS process? Sorry, I'm intrigued and have never heard of those things. Do you know what the trade name in the states for them is? If they are used in the PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) stage, i wonder if there would be efficacy with other substance issues, like heroin?

I understand the need for friends in situations like this all too much. I had an issue with opiates at one point, and friends helped me deal with it and eventually get past it. All abandonment does is reinforce the negativity that compels the person to abuse whatever substance they are using. They feel alone and like everyone sees them as worthless, which leads to more drug use to drown out the feelings.

Corpus, could you elaborate on what you are talking about? I don't believe I have ever heard of these.

corpus callosum
#13 Posted : 4/24/2015 5:33:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Acamprosate (trade name 'Campral EC' ) is an interesting agent with NMDA antagonising and GABAergic effects whose exact mode of action is not fully known; its often commenced in the later part of a formal detox and continued thereafter as it has been shown to ease some aspects of withdrawal and then help the user resist cravings. Heres a fair overview:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC2671951/

Nalmefene is a mu receptor antagonist with some affinity for both kappa receptors (as a partial agonist) and delta receptors which blocks the reinforcing effects of alcohol, should alcohol be consumed whilst on it. It can achieve a reduced sense of reward from the ethanol and diminish cravings, allowing some drinkers to progressively eliminate ethanol from their lives.Its MOA clearly makes it useful for opioid overdoses and there are parallels with the agent naltrexone.It goes by the trade names Revex and Selincro (IIRC the Revex brand is no longer available in the US). The key placebo-controlled trials were entitled ESENSE 1 and ESENSE 2; heres an overview of its development to acceptance in clinical practise:

http://www.ukmi.nhs.uk/a..._open.asp?newDrugID=2755

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.