We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Space Booze! Space Paste EtOH Extraction SUCCESS! Options

oilman
#41 Posted : 7/14/2014 5:49:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does your parsley seed oil have carvone? too much carvone makes me feel very very light headed and week, which is why I don't try using parsley anymore.

Also, the question becomes which part of the allylbenzene fraction works best to trip. That piece is unknown. So I guess my answer is I have no idea if it will be better than nutmeg ... only one way to find out (but check for carvone!).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#42 Posted : 7/24/2014 12:08:14 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hmmm. Dillapiole. Why, lysurgeon, is this your favourite psychedelic allylbenzene?

As a herb, I really love dill. For allylbenzene purposes, would you recommend the seed oil or the herb oil?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

lysurgeon
#43 Posted : 4/20/2015 1:24:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dill seeds are the best plant source of dillapiole that is readily available. I used Mc****ick brand seeds to make a tincture and it was very effective.

My preference for this material is based on my experiences. I know that the amphetamine corresponding to dillapiole (dmmda-2) has mixed reviews on whether or not it is even a psychedelic, and looking at it, it doesn't just scream "awesome substitution pattern". But my experiences with it were pretty astounding as far as mild psychedelics go. Visually active with visuals stylistically similar to those from LSD.

My experiences with nutmeg were not favorable and felt similar to an anticholinergic. I have not had any other allylbenzenes though.

downwardsfromzero
#44 Posted : 4/21/2015 2:56:00 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wow! Great to have a reply. I'll be giving those dill seeds a try sometime. I love dill essential oil - even just the smell Drool

My nutmeg tincture got me through the winter quite nicely - I don't think eating nutmeg nor its essential oil would compare favourably to this and I have no intention of finding out. People speak of eating an ounce of nutmeg whereas an effective dose of the tincture corresponds to much less than a teaspoon of the spice. What I will say for nutmeg tincture is that, for me at least, it makes sleep deprivation very easy to cope with. Of course, that is on a one-off, occasional basis. It's no substitute for a decent night's sleep - just a fun thing to do if you haven't had one.

Also I have tried the space booze approach. This was even more interesting. I made a distilled extract using the volatile components of the space paste mixture, including soaked almonds (actually, apricot kernels, but they are more or less functionally identical. Just don't poison yourselves, please!) The effects of this distilled tincture were noticeable at 5 drops!!! I kid you not. This potion also greatly improves the flavour of a G&T Wink

Some of this distilled potion was then used to extract a full space paste mixture, producing a sort of "double space booze", a bright yellow liquid with quite a bite to it. I've not yet had the courage to try more than a small taster as I seem to be always waiting for the effects of whatever previous experiment to wear off. Suffice to say, it brings a certain sparkle to proceedings. I'm not convinced that much larger doses would bring any particular benefit. These days I'm more into improved social function, sensory enhancement and a bit of a body high than anything too far-out. Medicine rather than incapacitation... Also, the benzaldehyde seems to hang around on the breath for an undesirably long time so I wouldn't use the doubled up approach if repeating this recipe. As well I suspect it's the apricot kernels are a bit stronger than almonds would be.

All of this seems to inexorably lead towards the reinvention of Aquavit, Jaegermeister and Absinthe.

What I may well do, strictly in the name of science, is testing of distilled nutmeg tincture and thereafter, double nutmeg tincture for comparison. This will give some indication of the relative role of volatile and fixed components in the nutmeg syndrome.

One final note is that my cognition seems improved subsequent to the subjective cognitive impairment during the nutmeg tincture experience. Maybe I just caught up on lost sleep, however.

Coming soon- reports on tincture of dill seed and possibly "double tincture of dill seed".

P.S. Lysurgeon - what sort of dose of the dill tincture did you find to be effective, and of course, how many grams of seeds per what volume of what strength alcohol?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

lysurgeon
#45 Posted : 4/22/2015 9:05:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had 48g seed, used about 1 cup of 150 proof total, between 2 1-day soaks. Wanted to extract thoroughly. I should have reduced the alcohol amount after the extraction. The amount correlating to around 7g dill seeds was effective. YMMV, relating to various oil amounts in different dill seeds and different metabolisms.

Also important or maybe not important, I pre-dosed with a tea made from 5g ground black pepper, and with a tincture made from 20ml alcohol, about 6 drops cassia oil, and 5 drops german chamomile oil. I had been reading some stuff over at the maxforums about enzymatic inhibition and activation. It seemed to make sense, I tried it out and it worked out well for me.

I haven't tried this stuff in a few years though.

downwardsfromzero
#46 Posted : 4/22/2015 11:30:53 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the info Lysurgeon. This will be put to meaningful use and duly reported.

Were there any particular reasons for your 'not tr[ying] this stuff in a few years'?

lysurgeon
#47 Posted : 4/22/2015 6:23:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's not really a good reason, I just satisfied my curiosity about allylbenzenes being centrally active and now I'm working on other projects. I did create a tiny bit of doubt in my mind about the safety, as I had some liver pain right around the same time I did around 4 different experiments with dill seed tincture and the accompanying herbs. I went to the doctor, found out that my liver is basically healthy but at the time I had been eating a lot of fried fatty foods and my gall bladder wasn't enjoying all the work.

Also I had an excessive stash of a research chemical which I consumed too often, which may also have affected my body negatively at that time.

Another thing, a matter of opinion of course, but I feel like mescaline is absolutely the best you can get in the world of phenethylamines and their derivatives, and to pursue other similar chemicals is a lost, doomed pursuit. It's not something I feel 100% strongly or 100% of the time, but this is a realization that floats in my mind and causes me to put less and less effort into phenethylamines other than mescaline as the years go by.

downwardsfromzero
#48 Posted : 4/29/2015 2:50:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks again for the feedback.

Some have suggested that the allylbenzenes act as amplifiers of the effects of several classical psychedelics; looking at your work on combining aromatic aldehydes with lysergamides I feel there's a whole spectrum of involvement of aroma molecules in the effects of psychedelics as a whole. I would advise novice trippers as a ground rule to make sure their setting smells nice.

The work I've been doing lately with allylbenzenes feels like groundwork for work with cactus, as it happens.

downwardsfromzero
#49 Posted : 9/29/2015 2:29:57 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

IME nutmeg tincture + distilled space tincture retinctured + cactus or mushrooms = very interesting. Please be sensible.

It seems aroma ingredients make for a buoyantly positive mindset prior to entheogenic experiences.

New batch of ultra spice mix awaits testing... Oils absorbed from herbs and spices through skin and breathing during its preparation produced noticeable effects. Still having enforced break from this before assessing effects of latest batch through ingestion. Recipe and more will appear on Space Paste thread in due course.

downwardsfromzero
#50 Posted : 1/18/2019 3:43:52 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I retried this double space tincture recently. Two teaspoons (in this case ~7mL) added to a cup of herb tea (Yogi tea brand "Men's Tea") was genuinely very pleasant indeed - euphoric, aesthetic, mild ECV. A friend also confirmed this, and was surprised at the rapid onset.

Testing the dill seed tincture the following day may have caused a headache, possibly from its carvone content; this was resolved after eating a curry with lots of fresh turmeric, ginger, garlic, black pepper and a number of other spices. Dill tincture requires the additional spices to modulate its effects to something more pleasant. With this in place, it quite possibly gives nutmeg a run for its money in the cheap culinary hallucinogen stakes.

The best dill seed is the Indian version known as 'sowa'. That is also its species name - Anethum sowa. There's a very large probability that a version of space paste - and by extension, space booze - can be made using dill seed, turmeric, black pepper, etc. as found in the original Space Paste recipe.

Did I ever post that recipe for double space tincture? I'm pretty sure there's a pdf of it around here somewhere.
EDIT: Actually I never typed it up from the original notes, only my original mace variant Space Paste recipe. So, this document is a work in progress.

exquisitus
#51 Posted : 1/18/2019 8:15:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Did I ever post that recipe for double space tincture? I'm pretty sure there's a pdf of it around here somewhere.

just repost please Smile

downwardsfromzero
#52 Posted : 1/22/2019 5:27:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

exquisitus wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

just repost please Smile

Well, here it is - finally. There was a bit missing from my notes so some of it has been reconstructed from distinctly hazy memory. The numbers at least are from the written record. The proportion of distillate to spice mixture in the final 'finishing' process is, frankly, guesswork based on ratios normally used in herbalism.

downwardsfromzero
#53 Posted : 11/6/2022 5:52:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Probably worth mentioning here, IMO/IME the double Space Booze Tincture is definitely the best of the bunch and tends to be the most forgiving way of using this type of preparation.

It would be prudent to mention as well that hepatotoxicity may be an issue for some, since recently reading about a few rare instances of this problem occurring with turmeric extracts.

Brennendes Wasser
#54 Posted : 11/8/2022 5:04:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Considering the hepato toxicity that you mentioned:

As it seems to be originated by that terminal overly reactive double bond, I really dont understand why the H + P terms for all these commonly found Phenyl Ethyl Amine analogues are so different ...

Elemicin = "Harmless"
Myristicin = Teratogen
Safrol = possibly genetic defects, possibly cancer ...

I was eager to "try" if Safrol remainders in Pills would indeed cause some unwated effects and thus having a more educt-polluted would result in a worse experience. But now after reading some stuff online I'm too scared to try some pure Safrol Stop Rolling eyes

PS: Oh well english wikipedia says the Methylen can form a carbene and then bind directly to Cytochromes as an additional toxic effect.

downwardsfromzero
#55 Posted : 11/8/2022 11:13:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There are loads of spices that contain traces of safrole and the hepatotoxicity mention was as much due to the curcumin content of this formulation. Curcumin hepatotoxicity occurs only in some people due to genetic variability in the metabolic enzymes. Some people (but not many) metabolise curcumin to form a hepatotoxic metabolite - and it's usually through use of supplements with things like piperine that are intended to enhance the absorption of curcumin that cause the problem through higher than the usual culimary amounts of curcumin entering the system.

That said, I wouldn't ingest pure safrole in amounts above those normally found in spices either. Then again, the major cause of liver disease in the world is ethanol by comparison with which curcumin seems to be subject to an all-too-familiar kind of reporting bias. Not that alcohol typically gets presented as a health supplement, of course.

It does eem curious to me, too, that the differnce in substitution patterns appears to have such a dramatic effect on toxicology between three very similar molecules. Another aspect of the mysterious nature of nutmeg intoxication, perhaps?

PREV123