We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Tried Bufo Alvarius today Options

SpathiEluder
#1 Posted : 4/18/2015 5:16:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first experience with DMT was today, with the Sonoran Desert Toad (5-MeO) and I'm not sure it was like other experiences I have read, but here is mine.

The ceremony was performed by Octavio Rettig. Within seconds of toking the venom I could see Octavios hand and the lighter start to distort, I held in the breath, exhaled, and then I launched. I didn't know if I was standing, crouching or on my back. (apparently I was rolling around quite a bit!)

I could no longer see the environment I was in (bushland), all that I could see was an intensely bright, geometrically patterned orb that commanded my whole vision. It was there through the entire experience, it was electric, pulsing, bright like a million LED's, changing, purging.

I was breathing strong like you are supposed to, in through the nose, out through the mouth as the orb speeds up its pulsing patterns. This went on for a while, fantastic rolling colours and patterns all within the orb structure. The general feeling or subconscious thought took me into some non-distinct thoughts of family, my ego and the internal things that have held me back in my life. I don't think I dug deep enough but the intensity of everything happening showed that I was open and surrendered to the medicine. I feel water going into my mouth, in my nose all over my face, i'm almost choking on it, but it helps purge those thoughts, and the visuals get more fluid in movement. - This is Octavio throwing water over me during the peak (almost water boarding feeling..but not really) - An amazing sensation. After a while of battling some heavy emotions I start to come back around, and Octavio says "He has some more work to do", and has the pipe ready for round two.
I inhale while still hallucinating but able to see the bushland around.
The orb pulses hard again, water is splashing all over me, I'm breathing hard, Octavio is chanting, I feel like im throwing up with my whole body but im not, it just feels like a purge on everything my subconscious brings up and these come from dark spots on the orb which I reach for to confront them fiercly. From somewhere tribal sounds are vibrating through me, the sound of electricity buzzes, drums, powerful chanting, the voices of "come on" "yes, YES" "BREATHE" playing heavy in my head (was Octavio talking?). Everything gets insanely intense and then it all explodes in a cosmic orgasmic blast with silence, but the orb is there and almost freezes in one set pattern, bright, electrifying, and a voice which must have been internal saying something along the lines of "THIS is what they have been hiding from you, This is yours and THIS is what you are !!" It sounded like Octavios voice, but I am told it wasnt. I sit in this space in amazement of its significance and intensity, i feel it in the centre of my stomach and mind, it vibrates. I feel like I have been in a jungle ceremony, but I start to come back to - in the Australian bush land.

Energizing, enlightening and healing. My clothes are completely drenched from Octavio's water methods, and as I look around the surrounding gum trees are swaying, more contrasty, more colourful. Whatever just happened was unexplainable, and I want it again. I feel at peace, the diminished visual effects last for another 20 minutes or so, and I quickly integrate back into reality, very coherent and ready to watch the next patients take their medicine while laying back in nature.

Thank you ! Please let me know if you have had an experiences similar to this. From some light reading online, I havent read a similar Bufo experience. I feel very lucky to have Octavio guide me through this journey, it would have been inconceivable on my own, however knowing someone is there chanting, picking you up, moving your limbs, splashing you with water shows why these ancient healers are gifted the task of guidance and administering.

.......OMFG BRAIN.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SpathiEluder
#2 Posted : 4/18/2015 5:30:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In addition, I am not sure that I felt the much of the sensation of connection to the every living thing like commonly described in many experiences online. I definitely just saw something divine and it was very internal, personal and familiar.

SpathiEluder
#3 Posted : 4/19/2015 12:37:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

12 hours after the journey (night time) I had trouble sleeping even after a few tokes of spliff. My mind was way too active.

I felt strength brewing in me, heavy, clean breathing again like during the experience, mild faded geometric patterns and expanse in my mind.

Unfortunately the following day (today) I had a very early morning boat ride taking a friend/guest out that was planned way before Bufo, so I needed sleep - I very reluctantly popped a valium to allow myself some hours of sleep before a massive day mission the following day.

The next morning I didnt feel tired, but a bit racy and energized, not quite calm, but I think that had to do with the fact I was waking up to family who knew nothing of my previous day. I was breathing big again, feeling strong, but also a little anxious of the fact I had a commitment to do that involved a lot of driving, then sitting in a small boat watching dolphins, penguins etc.
On the long drive down the swaying trees were pulsing through my polarized sunglasses and colours were intense again. I am lucky my female guest (a new friend) was completely non-judgemental and very supportive as this tour would have been a little hellish.
It was the complete opposite, I was so tired, but it was then feeling of connection hit hard. The crystal clear australian waters were making fractal patterns (through everybodys eyesSmile and being around such expansive coast, water and wildlife was what I needed.
I noticed then that the aqua/light blue to dark blue that is produced in shallow water was the exact shades of colour that were present during my journey and everything around was bringing joy and a rekindled love with my country. There is some connection to water - is it because Octavio drenched me during ?? Smile

SpathiEluder
#4 Posted : 4/19/2015 12:42:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and lastly, my apologies for posting my experience here, I didnt have access to the other sections, but I had to let my brain spew this out as it emerges.
Better to share than ingest.

ganesh
#5 Posted : 4/19/2015 1:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting stuff. Does Octavio treat for free or charge participants? What is his philosophy?
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

SpathiEluder
#6 Posted : 4/19/2015 2:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, there seems to be quite a bit about him online, as far as I know he runs a non-profit.

ganesh
#7 Posted : 4/19/2015 2:21:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpathiEluder wrote:
Hey, there seems to be quite a bit about him online, as far as I know he runs a non-profit.

Yea, watched VICE programme about him, and saw his Facebook page. He seems like a popular friendly type of guy. No doubt he's got his book to plug, and plenty Toads where he lives...Laughing

jamie
#8 Posted : 4/19/2015 3:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ganesh
#9 Posted : 4/19/2015 8:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
http://www.danielvitalis.com/rewild-yourself-podcast/dr-gerardo-sandoval-isaac-on-the-bufo-alvarius-toad-and-5-meo-dmt

Thanks Jamie, for that link.

It's interesting that this guy is ALSO using the same medicine as Octavio. I actually prefer this guy because i feel he's far more genuine. Octavio seems to be a bit too renegade and cool 'Cheguevara' imitating, for me, ROTFL!! Big grin

null24
#10 Posted : 4/19/2015 9:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Octavio is sure getting around! I'd like to meet this guy! 5meo is the apex ,if you asks ask me. I know, you didn't. IME with it, there was little to no visual distortion, pure void at the height, samadhi. It's the bufotenine in the toad medicine that causes visuals?

I feel that 5meo DMT is the pure medicine. It is what cured a junky and saved a suicide, in my little exp with it.

Frankly, my work with nn DMT and NMT pales compared to the pure vision from the 5methylayed cousin.

I kind of like his renegade spirit, Octavio is doing good things. There's room for many paths in these woods
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

ganesh
#11 Posted : 4/19/2015 11:51:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

I kind of like his renegade spirit, Octavio is doing good things. There's room for many paths in these woods

Cool. If he rocks your world, that's great.

I guess when things are more emotional than visual, there may be to some people, less opportunity for such philosophical masturbations, as frequently may be encountered with the regular 'spice'.

..... I guess that's where the renegade, 'Che'?, type character appears, to make up for what's missing?? Laughing

SpathiEluder
#12 Posted : 4/20/2015 9:21:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I don't have any other interactions to compare against, but I'm not sure why you feel he is a renegade "Che" type. Is it the his age, or the fact he looks like a south american footballer? Smile

I admit when I first looked him up before the experience, my initial judgement was that he seemed younger than expected, and a little more abrasive. However once I met him in person I was comforted by him, he has warmth in his eyes and an honest compassion and care for his patients. But on the same hand he isn't all mushy and hippy, he is disciplined and doesn't allow you a minute to be weak - he commands the same discipline from you and takes it very seriously. The 5-MeO experience is so mind bendingly intense that it was great to have a strong voice like Octavio's to keep your mind moving in different directions, and also the physical strength to pick you up of the ground and shout "OPEN YOUR EYES, BREATHE! IN THROUGH THE NOSE OUT THROUGH THE MOUTH".

I didn't realize that the experience would be that intense as few reports mentioned it, but if people describe a "breakthrough" as total loss of self and presence to the environment around, I was there within a second of exhaling.

It was like being dumped by a massive never ending wave of psychedelic geometric colorful water.

Maybe my dose was quite high? Maybe I just had a lot to deal with.

SpathiEluder
#13 Posted : 4/20/2015 9:26:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Octavio is sure getting around! I'd like to meet this guy! 5meo is the apex ,if you asks ask me. I know, you didn't. IME with it, there was little to no visual distortion, pure void at the height, samadhi. It's the bufotenine in the toad medicine that causes visuals?

I feel that 5meo DMT is the pure medicine. It is what cured a junky and saved a suiciin my little exp with it.

Frankly, my work with nn DMT and NMT pales compared to the pure vision from the 5methylayed cousin.

Yes Null24, if I understand what you are saying, little visual distortion of the real environment you are in, it immediately launches you into a state where you have no idea what is around, if you are standing, sitting, or whatever. You are physically driven by overwhelming visuals that consume your entire vision and contain nothing of the present world. (?)

null24
#14 Posted : 4/20/2015 2:49:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fwiu, the toad medicine contains good amounts of bufo along with the 5meo. IME with5meo it was as you described, sans any visions at all really. Well, except dying, being reborn. The one thing i 'saw' on it was a gigantic black snake made of fractal smoke that i vomited. Which yes, was the most powerful hallucination I've ever had, so much so that to this day I'm not really sure if any of it was hallucinated.

Frankly, 5meo is the top of the pyramid, so to speak. I would very much like to try toad medicine.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SpathiEluder
#15 Posted : 4/20/2015 3:09:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So did you physically feel the vomit sensation too? I wonder if you get the same vision the next time around, I imagine not, but I question that because mine feels like it was one image the whole time that just changed colors and had motion. And when it hits that final screen, I feel like I am going to see exactly that again for some reason.

The intensity took me by surprise, but I could handle it, I'm still confused as to whether or not I was worried at some point? I know I had to fight something, it didn't have any memorable links to my RL.. I remember feeling like I was throwing up the whole time with my entire body but not minding it, enjoying a good purge of some sort, before hitting the bliss. But realized I wasnt throwing up at all when I came around - just moments of wriggling and clenching.

And wrt 5meo being the top of the pyramid, if it somehow isn't the top of the pyramid, im not willing to try whatever is Smile I couldn't imagine ever taking bufo without supervision.

null24
#16 Posted : 4/21/2015 1:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah i felt it. That was the only time I've really purged, and it was pure psychic poison. I was alone, and justifiably terrified, i forced my mouth shut as i feared releasing that into the world. I now know that was a mistake and have been trying to finish the original process with my continued experiments, but nothing has been as powerful as that initiation. It was a hcl, and I actually had been told it was nn DMT and IVd way too much, to this day i still wonder if i did really die, lol.

I'd like a guided 5meo trip. Did you meet Octavio at a seminar or ? and if that isn't a question that can be comfortably answered, nevermind and forgive me
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

jamie
#17 Posted : 4/21/2015 3:46:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have had visuals with just pure synthetic 5-MeO-DMT..and as far as I know, there is very little to no bufotenine in toad venom. I think endless analyzed venom octavio gave to him and it was mostly just 5-MeO-DMT.

One thing that Octavio has said a couple times, is that bufotenine when vaped converts to 5-MeO-DMT..and this is flat out wrong. Bufotenine is active, as bufotenine..it has nothing to do with 5-MeO-DMT, and having experienced pure vaporized freebase bufotenine many times I can tell you that bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT are worlds apart..and 5-MeO-DMT is far superior a medicine IMO..

For me, 5-MeO-DMT, DMT and psilocybin all stand on equal ground.

I have some issues with the claims that the mayan toad was bufo alvarius and not bufo marinus as well..mostly because of misinformation spread about the activity of bufotenine(I even had a very well respected and known expert on psilocybes who I admire recently tell me that bufotenine is simply not an active tryptamine)..ever since the toad venom became popular recently, there has been this wave of claims made about bufotenine that are totally incorrect, by people I really respect as researchers etc...but it's nearly time to just approach this all in a paper or something and put all of these myths to rest..and possibly revisit the bufo marinus toad as the toad the mayans had depicted.
Long live the unwoke.

SpathiEluder
#18 Posted : 4/21/2015 9:03:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Oh yeah i felt it. That was the only time I've really purged, and it was pure psychic poison. I was alone, and justifiably terrified, i forced my mouth shut as i feared releasing that into the world. I now know that was a mistake and have been trying to finish the original process with my continued experiments, but nothing has been as powerful as that initiation. It was a hcl, and I actually had been told it was nn DMT and IVd way too much, to this day i still wonder if i did really die, lol.

I'd like a guided 5meo trip. Did you meet Octavio at a seminar or ? and if that isn't a question that can be comfortably answered, nevermind and forgive me

Wow, yeah, as time goes on i remember more. Today I remember the darker side of it, after the the initial psychedelic ride I felt like i was drowning with this bubbling colorful water that got blacker and darker. I kept vomiting (but not really as said before) it to try get rid of it, until eventually it was so intense that I broke through to the bliss/God moment. But I agree, as I start to remember things it really felt like I was struggling for my life and when I finally got to the end, the brightness and intensity of that final vision along with the voice and ringing sound...It makes you question what happened for sure. You are brave to have done anything like that solo !!

It's so strange how I didnt remember much of this for a day or two after, only now. Today I feel a little anxious and removed from society, I even had semi trippy/nauseous spells while at work. I believe with something this intense you really need a week in quiet and nature - away from your usual routine.

And to answer your question, you might be best contacting Octavio - Im not sure the best method but I think i saw his email addr floating around one of his youtube clips. I came across him via a local healing organization. Admittedly, like I said before, when researching this medicine I didnt find any examples that hinted to this intensity, so I was not expecting it. I was hoping for something a little closer to Aya. Additionally my friend who went before me stood the whole time and didnt twitch an eye - I can only assume he didnt inhale as hard as I did, because no-one who saw what I saw could keep their body still or upright without help.

SpathiEluder
#19 Posted : 4/21/2015 1:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah thanks jamie and null, I am just seeing your extensive posts in other threads - I didnt see the 5meo sub forum before

Jamie I completely relate with the sensual/erotic feeling and energy. The end of the tunnel where you feel everything all at once in every part of your body and mind; You can see this guy hit it at around 3:30 in the video.

EDIT: Oops here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA_ThvriPKw

null24
#20 Posted : 4/21/2015 3:31:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jamie, I'm one of those who is ignorant of pretty much all things bufotenine. From the little i had read, the trip from it is primarily visual, with little head space distortion (:winkSmile,kinda the opposite of what i found with 5meo.

I just recall things having that tryptamine shine, being sparkly. There were several transient hallucinations that were more real than any I'd ever had, including full sensory inclusion, tactile, aural, etc. I'll never forget vomiting that snake.

I call it the apex because personally I've never had that kind of exp with anything else. I think I've only had maybe one full breakthrough with DMT, and while it was powerful, it's just isn't the same for me. Don't get me wrong, i love the stuff, but 5meo holds a special, special place with me.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

12NEXT