We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Stop using 'spice' as a term Options

hyperweb
#1 Posted : 4/17/2015 8:54:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Im not sure about globally but locally and also nationally in America, the word 'spice' on the street has come to mean synthetic cannabinoids that people often refer to as synthetic marijuana.

This stuff is not even close to being worthy of 'synthetic marijuana' but they are calling is 'spice'

Here is a link talking about one instace where the US Army writes up a report :

http://www.armytimes.com...pice-not-ebola/25899807/

I am just thinking maybe nexians should stop using the word 'spice' as law enforcers and street kids do not equate that term to DMT/Ayahuasca.

Two cents :-)
I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the chemistry and effects of various substances is just a fun thing I like to do.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 4/17/2015 9:10:01 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

lolno

Razz

We were calling it spice long before synthetic cannabinoids were available on the open market Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 4/17/2015 9:43:28 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

There is a good chance they ripped the popular 'spice' nickname for DMT for their synthetic marketing scheme.

We however will keep calling our beloved DMT 'spice' so it will hopefully survive this marketing nonsense.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

BringsUsTogether
#4 Posted : 4/17/2015 9:51:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh wowwie.
I had no idea that spice was used to describe DMT before it was "Spice."

Ya learn something everyday

Cognitive Heart
#5 Posted : 4/17/2015 11:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always prefer Dimitri. Just to duck any confusion. Rolling eyes
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

DmnStr8
#6 Posted : 4/18/2015 12:08:48 AM

Come what may

Well....... maybe they should stop calling synthetic marijuana spice?! lol I hope we don't have to politically correct in what we call our drugs. I like to refer to DMT as spice. I often hear it called 'dimitri' or 'deemster' which is just dumb. Do you have any alternative street names for our beloved spice?

Just being silly but if dmt and synthetic marijuana got into a squabble I am quite certain that dmt would wipe the floor with synthetic marijuana. Any which way you slice...the spice is here stay my friend!

The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital for space travel.

Check out this link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ7DkBFjLRI
^^^^around long before synthetic marijuana^^^^
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

DmnStr8
#7 Posted : 4/18/2015 12:17:49 AM

Come what may

Cognitive Heart wrote:
I always prefer Dimitri. Just to duck any confusion. Rolling eyes

Bwahahahaha!! Sorry to call 'dimitri' dumb! lol Each to their own! Good on ya!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Metanoia
#8 Posted : 4/18/2015 12:54:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

The spice extends life.

This.

The spice must flow. Thumbs up

Spaced Out 2
#9 Posted : 4/18/2015 1:33:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SPICE, Spice, sPice, SPice, spIce, SpIce, SPIce, spiCe, SpiCe, SPiCe, SPICe, spicE, SpicE, SpIcE, sPiCe, spICE, $pīćə,SPICE, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, and spice.

Oh ya almost forgot, sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssspppppppppppppppppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. The End Big grin

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 4/18/2015 1:33:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
[quote=Cognitive Heart]Bwahahahaha!! Sorry to call 'dimitri' dumb! lol Each to their own! Good on ya!

Well hey, why call it anything other than DMT in the first place? All of these labels and meaningless words are nothing to what the compound actually is and what it does to language. Wink
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

slewb
#11 Posted : 4/18/2015 1:41:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Woah I've been seeing that quote on here for years and never made the Dune connection. That's great Very happy

universecannon
#12 Posted : 4/18/2015 2:00:19 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

universecannon attached the following image(s):
spice.jpg (7kb) downloaded 248 time(s).

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

#13 Posted : 4/18/2015 2:30:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

DmnStr8 wrote:

The spice extends life.

Twisted Evil Cool

jamie
#14 Posted : 4/18/2015 2:54:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

The original spice was psilocybe azurescens..

..and I am not joking. Frank Herbert was really into psilocybe azurescens at the time he wrote dune, and the spice was inspired by those mushrooms.
Long live the unwoke.

Rising Spirit
#15 Posted : 4/18/2015 4:49:28 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

jamie wrote:
The original spice was psilocybe azurescens..

..and I am not joking. Frank Herbert was really into psilocybe azurescens at the time he wrote dune, and the spice was inspired by those mushrooms.

Thanx jamie, that's so cool to know! I'd love to embrace the magik of azurenscens. It is supposed to grow in Vermont. It's on my bucket list, along with 5 MeO- DMT and Iboga. I feel that psilocybin and NN- DMT share many characteristicd. For me, there is a wondrous symmetry between these two Sacred molecules.

And I too agree with Trav, it was ours first... and those blokes ought to change the name of their synthetic poison. Maybe the term "poison" is perfect for such a potentially life-threatening product? Just sayin' Cool

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Adjhart
#16 Posted : 4/18/2015 4:53:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fear is the mind killer, OP.

The confusion anyway acts as a barrier from the uninitiated. If you come about dmt, spice, the right way, then the coincidence is negligible. They don't even really sell that stuff where I'm from (DFWTX). If they do, it's definitely not popular.

S P I C E

hyperweb
#17 Posted : 4/18/2015 5:15:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I definitely understand everyone's view. It just makes me cringe every time the news says spice. I wouldn't want this sub culture lumped in with zombie face eating Smile
I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the chemistry and effects of various substances is just a fun thing I like to do.

Adjhart
#18 Posted : 4/18/2015 6:15:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperweb wrote:
I definitely understand everyone's view. It just makes me cringe every time the news says spice. I wouldn't want this sub culture lumped in with zombie face eating Smile

haha I don't watch the news.

tydel24
#19 Posted : 4/18/2015 8:48:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperweb wrote:

I thought that guy was on bath salts not legal weed. I actually heard he later got tested and only had THC in his system, he just had the munchies I guess. I've done those salts before. I don't see how he would manage to work up an appetite.
But yeah the media is a joke. That story was most likely all fabricated, but it still leaves a bad impression

null24
#20 Posted : 4/18/2015 2:44:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

hyperk wrote:
...zombie face eaters

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
SPICE, Spice, sPice, SPice, spIce, SpIce, SPIce, spiCe, SpiCe, SPiCe, SPICe, spicE, SpicE, SpIcE, sPiCe, spICE, $pīćə,SPICE, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, spice, and spice.

Oh ya almost forgot, sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssspppppppppppppppppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. The End Big grin

Ha ha spicety spicety spice spice.

Oh sorry, my mouth was full...Twisted Evil
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

123NEXT