We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chirac Sanango question Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 4/16/2015 6:12:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went to the little garden center in my area yesterday, I was intending to buy a Chirac sanango, which they usually carry. They were out, although they did have another species of brunfelsia.

My question is, to anyone farmiliar with Amazonian shamanism, is brunfelsia grandiflora the only species used, or do they employ other brunfelsia spp. as well?

I'll probably end up getting it regardless, I like the plant even as an ornamental. And I'll get a grandiflora as well when they get more, but I'm always on the hunt for admixture plants, since our climate is suitable for these plants and the nurseries acually sell quite a few interesting Amazonian plants. This little store is awesome, they sell piri-piri (cyperus spp), various live morning glories, toe, lion's tail, various passiflora spp., yaupon holly and sweet flag, as well as every herb that will take our heat and humidity.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mandukeya
#2 Posted : 4/16/2015 6:08:08 PM

Shamanic Engineer

Here are some good info around Sanango http://www.singingtothep...m/2007/12/chiricsanango/

I have a bag of B. Grandiflora I picked up at the Belen market in iquitos but not sure what to do with it after realizing it is not the sanango I was looking for.

BundleflowerPower
#3 Posted : 4/17/2015 1:58:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I've noticed that Native Americans in North America don't really differentiate between different species within a genus, but wasn't sure about how they go about it in South America.

I found this paper http://entheology.com/fe...shamans-of-iquitos-peru/ as well by L. E. Luna if anyone is interested.

Btw, I found b. grandiflora