We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporizing Blue Honey? Options

silvertriptamine
#1 Posted : 4/15/2015 5:52:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so i love honey, i also love mushrooms and just like reeces pieces i got my phylocibin all over my honey left it in a jar for about 6 months there is aprox 350ml of natural honey brought back from africa after being freshly harvested the morning of procurement

and includes 20g of dried and ground phylocibin truffles

so i attended spannabis this year and after one of the days we were hanging out at a coffee shop accross the road waiting on a taxi when i met a man and his wife who were from south of the uk, he was an odd but curously intresting fellow, sort of like a mix or robert webb from peepshow in looks and a well spoken southern accent.
we were talking about various methods of vapourising cannabis extracts and he pulled out his vapeourizer that he had bought in barcelona, it was a 1.6ml cart filled with co2 extracted cannabis oil and manuka honey, the taste was super sweet and flavorful and the toke to effect ratio was great

so my question is could i get an effect from vaporizing my not so blue truffle honey (not blue as truffles handled delicate and dehydrated no bruising causing blueness)?

and also what are peoples views on using honey in a vape could this have positive effects given that honey is quite good for people or could this be dangerous due to inhalation of sugars?

the first post i came across when looking into it
http://www.e-cigarette-f...127-safe-vape-honey.html

some talk on pros and cons of vaping honey
http://vapingunderground...-avoid-using-in-diy.102/

wil ladd more soon wanted to jot this down before i forget Razz

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 4/15/2015 6:49:52 PM

Pay No Mind

That would be so cool if one could actually vape mushroom-blue honey & get psilocybin effects from it!!!!

I'm very interested in hearing about your experimentation! Smile
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 4/15/2015 7:57:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well as best i can tell, the argument for it's safety is "homeopaths did it, so it's all good". and while that may be a convincing argument for some people on this website, i would still err on the side of caution.

while it is true that the claim "honey is dangerous to vape" is an unfounded claim, that requires a burden of proof, the same is true for the claim that "honey is perfectly safe to vape in relative concentration (as compared to the steam from boiling honey-water)"

afaik lungs have not evolved to metabolize sugars.... but hey, it might all dissolve fine into your mucosal membrane, go into your bloodstream and end up as a sugar rush for all i know.

really if vaporization is your aim, i would just extract it. idk if honey would be soluble in the sort of solvent that is immiscible with water and appropriate for psilocybin, but if it isn't i would definitely extract it to vape it.

honey really more apt for oral consumption
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 4/15/2015 8:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Three words that I would be deeply, deeply concerned about:

Esophageal. Yeast. Infection.

I haven't seen any data suggesting that this happens with any regularity, but I'd be wary of coating your respiratory system in a fine layer of sugars. I know honey is supposed to be antimicrobial and all, but unless someone can give me a good, medical explanation about why I need not be concerned, I'm going to say this is probably a bad idea.

Your lungs are delicate, and you only get 1 pair, I would try to minimize the extra stuff you're sticking in there. Keep to water and compounds we no diffuse naturally across the surface.

That said, I think psilocybin honey would be an *amazing* invention. Concentrate it and put it in tea.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

silvertriptamine
#5 Posted : 4/15/2015 8:34:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the goal would be to not dilute it but rather strain the sugar and use a direct drip feed with no wick like the pen i tried with the manuka honey it wasnt watered down it was jusut honey and extract i forget the name of the maker from america if i remember ill post it, ill end up trying it after the weekend just for the crack its not gunna kill me doubt it will make me stronger either but might get me slightly buzzed Razz just something intresting to discuss i thought id share. people be digging that #vapelife life might aswell see just how many drugs we can vape in a pen.

if this doesnt work then its alcohol extracted and diluted possibly in the manner of a few people who make vape oil like the canna oil made by bret maverick on the youtube