We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
You just have to love The Nexus Options

idtravlr
#21 Posted : 6/17/2009 2:49:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
Talking about kratom, I've only used it once and I was drinking beer and smoking pot also. I didn't like it too much. Felt a bit heavy. How do you like to use kratom. Do you mix it with something or use just kratom. What would be the best combination?

I like it on it's own if I'm going to be active and out and about, but I typically just take it in the evenings, in which case I love to have some wine or beer with it. If alcohol is used moderately it synergizes nicely with it. It tends to reduce my alcohol cravings too, which is nice because I am content with about half as much beer or wine as I would drink without it. With opiates I find that I drink twice as much alcohol, so this is another great benefit of Kratom for me. I don't smoke ganga, so I can't give ya any beta on that combo.

I've found the following technique to work the best for me... I put my specified dose in a tea bag and steep it in very hot water for about 15 min or so, making sure to bob the tea bag up and down a lot. It seems that the Kratom doesn't propagate out into the water as well as your typical tea, so this "bobing" of the bag helps a lot. I do about 4 cups of tea (until the tea bag seems to start running clearer) in this fashion and then I open the tea bag and put the plant material into these cool little plastic shaker's that I got from z-eclectic. I add a couple of oz of orange juice (something acidic that has some slight viscosity to it), cap the shaker, shake the crap out of it, and then take the OJ Kratom smoothie shot down in a gulp.

Using this method I can make 8 grams of plain bali powder last for an entire evening, and it's pretty damn strong the whole time. I think just drinking the powder down w/o steeping it first wastes a lot. Oh, and I add some lemon juice to my tea for both flavor and the acid content.

Well, that's probably WAY more info than you were asking for, yet I ramble on... Rolling eyes

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

idtravlr
#22 Posted : 6/17/2009 3:05:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dwhitty76 wrote:

The first time i tried kratom.....i tried the "resin pies" (disgusting taste) but i did 15grams, which was way too much and i actually nodded out like i was on opium.

I'm with ya on the resin Dwhitty. I can't stand the taste of it, and I don't drink with the resin any more. The first time I did resin and beer I got violently ill for the entire next day! I mean WICKED sick!

On that note. Holy shit! 15g of resin? Yeah, I could see how that might make ya nod out! Razz
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Dwhitty76
#23 Posted : 6/17/2009 3:28:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this is starting to turn into a kratom thread (mabey we should move it) but i used to order the 250x that spesiosa had on the market for a while.Man,that stuff was strong....... i would put .5 g in a shot glass. I'm not quite sure why they took it off the market, although i've been staying away from the extracts lately.I end up chasing that opiate buzz.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

idtravlr
#24 Posted : 6/17/2009 3:39:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dwhitty76 wrote:

I know this is starting to turn into a kratom thread (mabey we should move it) but i used to order the 250x that spesiosa had on the market for a while.Man,that stuff was strong....... i would put .5 g in a shot glass. I'm not quite sure why they took it off the market, although i've been staying away from the extracts lately.I end up chasing that opiate buzz.

Must have been really spendy I bet. Hey, if you happen to speak with Windycitychick or one one of the other moderators over there, please let them know I wasn't trying to be an ass, and I apologize if I came across that way. I'm certainly not the kind of person who goes around TRYING to piss people off.

Yeah, maybe we should move it, but it is The Tavern... So it's kinda free forum I suppose.

-Terence McKenna

Dwhitty76
#25 Posted : 6/17/2009 3:59:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
Dwhitty76 wrote:

Must have been really spendy I bet. Hey, if you happen to speak with Windycitychick or one one of the other moderators over there, please let them know I wasn't trying to be an ass, and I apologize if I came across that way. I'm certainly not the kind of person who goes around TRYING to piss people off.

Yeah, maybe we should move it, but it is The Tavern... So it's kinda free forum I suppose.

Yeah......it was pricey but they would cut me deals and so on..... Now i stick mainly with "super indo" and "bali". Do you have any recommendations?

If i post over there i will pm her for you.....but like i said posted there once.I like hanging here better.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

idtravlr
#26 Posted : 6/17/2009 5:37:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dwhitty76 wrote:

Yeah......it was pricey but they would cut me deals and so on..... Now i stick mainly with "super indo" and "bali". Do you have any recommendations?

The UEI is by far my favorite, but it's so expensive that I just blend a little with bali or malaysian. I actually think I like the malaysian better than bali, and it's a lot cheaper! Since I don't use it a lot I'm pretty sensitive to it and I can make 5 or 6 grams of maylasian or 7 or 8 grams of bali last me an evening. Occasionally I'll imbibe a bit and go with straight UEI, but then I scare myself that I'm backing back into my old opiate habits. Ya know what I mean?

-Terence McKenna

Dwhitty76
#27 Posted : 6/17/2009 6:05:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
Dwhitty76 wrote:

The UEI is by far my favorite, but it's so expensive that I just blend a little with bali or malaysian. I actually think I like the malaysian better than bali, and it's a lot cheaper! Since I don't use it a lot I'm pretty sensitive to it and I can make 5 or 6 grams of maylasian or 7 or 8 grams of bali last me an evening. Occasionally I'll imbibe a bit and go with straight UEI, but then I scare myself that I'm backing back into my old opiate habits. Ya know what I mean?

I know exactly what you mean, that's why i've been sticking with plain leaf powder. Just like yourself i will occasionally get some UEI to mix in but it is easy to get cought up in the speciosa habit aswell, but not nearly as bad as opiates.

PREV12