We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A few fumarate purification questions Options

Bdevall158
#1 Posted : 1/27/2015 8:09:03 PM

Mind Wanderer

Greetings fellow nexians, I have a few questions that im not seeming to find andswers for, and the purifcation steps in the wiki are not giving me the results I am hoping for. The wiki says you can purify Fumarate crystals with a simple water re x, dissovle the crystals and let the solids that stay behind get filtered out until you have nice clear crystals. My problem is everytime I dissolve my big oragne chunk of fumarates, everything fully dissolves, the water retains the orange tint, no solids are left behind, and i end up with the same ol chunk of orange goo. Im only messing around with purification and re-x now mostly for fun, and to get some pretty crystals, however Im just not getting it quite right.

My questions are
1. I use room temperature purified water as my solvent, would warm water make any difference at all in this process?
2. I have some activated carbon to help purification, but was unsure if you can add it to water, and if anyone has any commemts on this please share because im new to activated carbon, and can only find info using it in other solvents(Naptha, heptane, etc...)
3. I tried re-xing my whole stash at once, about 5.5 grams, does the amount affect crystal formation, would it be better to re x ~1g at a time?
4. Im aware of the cleaning up dirty fumarates thread, I just dont have any heptane, nor have I used any before, is there any advantages/disadvanteges to using water over another solvent such as heptane?( I do like the idea of water over other solvents, just because of smell/toxicity possibitites but please share if you think otherwise)

Thanks for reading Thumbs up
LOVE & LIGHT

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

concombres
#2 Posted : 1/28/2015 7:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bdevall158 wrote:
Greetings fellow nexians, I have a few questions that im not seeming to find andswers for, and the purifcation steps in the wiki are not giving me the results I am hoping for. The wiki says you can purify Fumarate crystals with a simple water re x, dissovle the crystals and let the solids that stay behind get filtered out until you have nice clear crystals. My problem is everytime I dissolve my big oragne chunk of fumarates, everything fully dissolves, the water retains the orange tint, no solids are left behind, and i end up with the same ol chunk of orange goo. Im only messing around with purification and re-x now mostly for fun, and to get some pretty crystals, however Im just not getting it quite right.

My questions are
1. I use room temperature purified water as my solvent, would warm water make any difference at all in this process?
2. I have some activated carbon to help purification, but was unsure if you can add it to water, and if anyone has any commemts on this please share because im new to activated carbon, and can only find info using it in other solvents(Naptha, heptane, etc...)
3. I tried re-xing my whole stash at once, about 5.5 grams, does the amount affect crystal formation, would it be better to re x ~1g at a time?
4. Im aware of the cleaning up dirty fumarates thread, I just dont have any heptane, nor have I used any before, is there any advantages/disadvanteges to using water over another solvent such as heptane?( I do like the idea of water over other solvents, just because of smell/toxicity possibitites but please share if you think otherwise)

Thanks for reading Thumbs up

I'm in the process of cleaning up some fumarates to clear shards for the first time.

Cleanup is going well so far.
What seems to be working well is washing the dried fumarates 3x with cold or room temp anahydrous acetone, then using sodium carbonate to make a paste to convert to freebase & let dry, wash with cold water 3x, dissolve in more anahydrous acetone & add fasa slowly again until no clouding occurs, then wait a week or so for crystallization.
Process can be repeated multiple times for cleaner product.

I started with extremely dirty limo extract after the first fumarate conversion (5g from 100g mhrb). Cleaning it up the way described above i'm now down to a more realistic yeild of ~2g pale yellow spice.

anonhippie
#3 Posted : 4/12/2015 2:20:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I realize I am probably responding too late to this, but I assume Bdevall you are evapping the water after you filter it in order to crystallise?

If you can get iso you can heat that up and dissolve your dmt fumarate in it, and then stick it in the fridge to let the dmt fumarate crash out. This has the benefit of leaving any plant oils in the ipa that you can then decant off.

Its in the cleaning up dirty fumarate thread you mention, but its not at the top:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=28417

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 4/12/2015 4:31:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From mimosa or ACRB? if the latter orange chunky crystals is fine as its a combination of dmt and nmt fumarates, seems you have a nice clean extract if nothing drops out once they are dissolved especially if youve backsalted from a NPS.
To create larger shards use a bowl to very slowly evporate the water out of. As for the ammount used it matters more about the ratio of liquid to fumarates, the crystal forming molecules need to bump into each other to join up so obviously the more concentrated in solution the better. Warm water may need less water needed.