We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Turmeric/curcumin as a MAOI with DMT Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 4/21/2009 10:39:26 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

http://www.super-smart.e...A0500-mg--Ayurveda--0082

http://www.super-smart.e...A0500-mg--Ayurveda--0082

I wondered if those would work !

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Fatcat
#2 Posted : 4/21/2009 5:08:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ill have to try this next time I go out for india food. I'd much rather just eat the tumeric than take a capsule. Thats like wasting it!
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

freethinker
#3 Posted : 4/21/2009 10:17:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, but those accounts sound grossly exaggerated. Based on subjective experiments, reports around the nexus, and elsewhere on the net (http://deoxy.org/gz_betac.htm), a potentiation of 2-3x in intensity and length is all that has been reliably, and repeatedly produced with maoi combinations. Perhaps curcumin is the secret super maoi though? I remain doubtful but look forward to watching this thread none the less! Smile

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 4/21/2009 10:36:31 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

It does sound awesome, but are there other references of turmeric having such an effect when coupled to smoked dmt?

Dagger's quotations do not give any amount of the material used. Especially the first one; i.e. how much turmeric was used for the extraction, how the alcohol extraction was performed, how much was smoked etc.

One does not say, "yeah, take turmeric, make an ethanol extraction and smoke it with dmt" as if it is common knowledge. I see such claims quite often in other forums and I always consider them pretty unreliable. Very much in contrast to what one sees in the nexus. How many people have been making very promising claims about phalaris grasses? Thousands around the web. How many people have actually reported a worth-mentioning success with phalaris grasses? Not very many if any at all...

But the combo sounds worth trying. Aren't people anyway try all sorts of weird combos?Very happy

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

kemist
#5 Posted : 4/22/2009 8:53:24 AM

John

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/m...al/patient-turmeric.html

From page above wrote:
Side Effects and Warnings:

Turmeric may cause an upset stomach, especially in high doses or if given over a long period of time. Heartburn has been reported in patients being treated for stomach ulcers. Since turmeric is sometimes used for the treatment of heartburn or ulcers, caution may be necessary in some patients. Nausea and diarrhea have also been reported.

Well sounds it`s gonna fuck your guts as ayahuasca does! Need to dig elsewhere Rolling eyes
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

freethinker
#6 Posted : 4/23/2009 10:17:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Actually, an ayahuasca trip can last for 12+ hours, if the maoi is strong enough.

Ya, I'm aware of that. Both the quotes you originally listed spoke of potentiating smoked spice, that's what I was referencing.

Dagger wrote:
This seems like an easy thing to try, so why not?

Agreed, I guess as a simplest test you could reach into the cupboard and smoke a gram of Turmeric just to see if any classic harmala effects materialized? Turmeric has a 3.14% (pi!) content of Curcumin ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17044766 ), which would make ~30mg. Smoking a gram of Turmeric could be rough though, a bubbler could help... As far as extracting Curcumin from Turmeric, could be fun to experiment for the heck of it...

Kemist-- those side effects would be from oral consumption. We're talking about smoking.

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

kemist
#7 Posted : 4/24/2009 12:00:37 AM

John

freethinker wrote:

Kemist-- those side effects would be from oral consumption. We're talking about smoking.

Aha.:idea: I missed that bit. Anyway One wouldn`t smoke gram of that shit because doesn`t won his lungs in lottery. Extraction is a must!
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

jamie
#8 Posted : 5/8/2009 3:25:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I take turmeric pills every day. usually 2 to 4 a day. If its true it would explain why I can get off brewing aya with only 10-12 grams cappi...
Long live the unwoke.

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 5/8/2009 4:26:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Turmeric has never messed with my insides. Indians eat a ton of it and those wrestlers roll about in it all day so probably swallow even more, and they don't have diarrhoea otherwise they'd be too skinny to wrestle! Maybe it just doesn't agree with SOME people.
It's meant to be really good for you too.
One of my favourite dishes is one I made up myself, well after inspiration from a Vietnamese restaurant. I pour in what must be at least 3-5g of turmeric, honestly it's ridiculous the amount I put in (along with onion, pork, greenbeans, chilli, garlic, soysauce), and I've always been fine.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 5/8/2009 8:16:56 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dagger wrote:
I wonder, could the turmeric have potentiated the cacao?

Are you thinking about a three stage rocket? Pleased

kemist
#11 Posted : 6/1/2009 11:35:01 AM

John

Dagger wrote:
The Traveler wrote:
Dagger wrote:
I wonder, could the turmeric have potentiated the cacao?

Are you thinking about a three stage rocket? Pleased

Lol.Very happy

I have thought about it in passing, but what I was thinking about is that if it potentiated cacao, it could possibly also potentiate dmt. I know that caapi can potentiate cacao, so if it is the same mechanism...

So how it went, matey?

kemist
#12 Posted : 6/1/2009 11:55:50 AM

John

YEAH rise the dose, lol Smile

... anyway parrot brough some of da yohimbe pills, chehe, any you dagg probably know what combo Wut? will ILPT try Wink

Aegle
#13 Posted : 6/1/2009 12:03:12 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Gee this is a very interesting thread i am fasinated to see the results.
Who would of thought turmeric Very happy

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Aegle
#14 Posted : 6/1/2009 12:59:58 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Dagger wrote:
Yeah, we should put up a list of all possible sources of maois and try them all out systematically with dmt. Then we could put up detailed results on the dmt-nexus wiki.

Awesome idea Very happy

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Leap
#15 Posted : 6/2/2009 12:26:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm definitely considering picking up some tumeric after work today and trying it. Hope for the best. Razz I'll post here as soon as I know anything.
Nothing said on this account is true. It's all fictional for artistic writing purposes.

Dorge
#16 Posted : 6/3/2009 3:40:52 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

by the way... om on tribes is troll who delights in spreading disinformation on entheogenic forums...
he was kicked from the ayahuasca forum for trolling...
this is not the first time that entire posts have been dedicated to debunking his BS...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Leap
#17 Posted : 6/16/2009 1:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, for giggles, I tried it.

Now, I didn't take nearly enough to be a "real" MAOI dose which would be well into the thousands. I took two extract pills, each with 500mg. Now, I did not expect much, as more reading and searching around made it obvious that this is certainly not the next Rue or Caapi. But everyone knew that right?

Anyhow, the spice came up like normal, blasted me to oblivion for few minutes, and then I came down. The only thing I can say about it that was at all different was the come down. Instead of lasting about 10 minutes (altered mind state with an extreme ability to zone into deep thought about anything), it lasted roughly 30 minutes. In addition to normal come down effects, I felt as if I was in full control of my mind state. If I thought "I am happy," I would grin like an idiot and chuckle. If for any reason I would bring up thoughts of fear or sadness, mainly wondering if I was going to ever be 'normal' again, I would suddenly feel very upset and want to wake up my wife for help.

If there was any real effect, it wasn't "getting off" for 3 hours. And something tells me that no one is eating a gram or more of Turmeric in their mum's cooking. Pleased From what I've read, would I be mistaken by thinking that St. John's Wort would be a much better "Walmart" MAOI?

In any case, you'd have to take a crap ton of either of these to get the desired effect.

EDIT: And yes, it is entirely possible that I was in just the right state-of-mind to happen to have a 30 minute come down. Though 30 minutes is on the outer limits of a smoked dose.
Nothing said on this account is true. It's all fictional for artistic writing purposes.

Leap
#18 Posted : 6/16/2009 12:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, no bioperine in my supplement. Unless they like to hide that info somewhere other than the label. Pleased I'll take that into consideration in future experiments.

Oh, it should probably be mentioned that the smoking method was tinfoil, with a pipe stem as the intake. Ghetto fabulous, I know, and I'm working out a better method soon. However, my point is, anyone that has smoked using tinfoil knows it can be an art to get a breakthrough dose. This was the easiest breakthrough ever using tinfoil. So either I'm getting good at it, or there was some outer effect. Pleased I want to think I'm just that good.

Leap
#19 Posted : 6/17/2009 1:11:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's what I was thinking. Luckily I'm so incredibly skeptical about this that we shouldn't have to worry about any placebo effects.. Razz

Eclectic
#20 Posted : 7/7/2009 11:00:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was looking through wikipedia and saw curcumin as an MAO-A inhibitor.. I searched "tumeric as an MAOI" on google and got this topic. I'm proud of the nexus.. A community of thinkers..

With that said, I'd wonder what doses would be right for potentiation.. I mean, if it's found scientifically to be an MAO-A inhibitor, there should be some level of it that activates DMT.. It wouldn't be an MAO-A inhibitor if it wasn't, I'd assume. I'd like to try some of this with smoked doses.. I might try a passionflower tumeric combo, see if I can get the combination of weaker MAOI's to give a better experience on-the-cheap.. They're pretty readily available.. it'd be cool if tumeric would work.
This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.

Oh, and if you found yourself wondering what my avatar says, it's "Very Gradual CHANGE We Can Believe in".. I love that.

12NEXT