We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Limonene in the UK Options

lebmug
#1 Posted : 6/12/2009 12:13:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it ok to use, for example, 100% "sweet orange oil", steam or cold pressed from the peels? This seems easy to find in the UK. But I don't know about pure limonene?

Thank youSmile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

balaganist
#2 Posted : 6/12/2009 4:59:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lebmug wrote:
Is it ok to use, for example, 100% "sweet orange oil", steam or cold pressed from the peels? This seems easy to find in the UK. But I don't know about pure limonene?

Thank youSmile

That stuff should work in theory, it has been used successfully for san pedro extraction.
Main problem is the oil - need to be careful to filter/seperate it out.

Pure limonene (intended for cleaning) can be ordered from Mistral in the UK.
Good luck! Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

lebmug
#3 Posted : 6/12/2009 5:06:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I assume there's a topic somewhere on here that covers this filtering/separating? I'll have a look for something about it, or if you know of it would you be so kind as to send a link? Thanks Smile

frequentflyer
#4 Posted : 6/12/2009 8:12:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

this is an excellent question, would be much better than ordering limonene from a chemical supplier. Anyone got any ideas as to if this would be effective?

balaganist
#5 Posted : 6/12/2009 8:41:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lebmug wrote:
I assume there's a topic somewhere on here that covers this filtering/separating? I'll have a look for something about it, or if you know of it would you be so kind as to send a link? Thanks Smile

Not sure how that would be done properly, the oil seems to seperate out when mixing the vinegar. Its not too much of a hassle to soak it up with some cotton wool or something form the top of your vinegar pulls - this is what SWIM did when he did his san pedro extraction. However, if you are gonna freebase your acetate after, I would think getting orange oil in there would be more of a concern than if it was going to be ingested as an acetate.

But SWIM is just an amateur kitchen chemist also just getting into this stuff! Just SWIM's limited experience...
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

lebmug
#6 Posted : 6/13/2009 9:37:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, say if it was mescaline, one wouldn't want to freebase it right? So a quantity of orange oil in one's product wouldn't be so bad, provided one could compensate for it in dosing? As for DMT, SWIM wouldn't be likely to freebase it since SWIM prefers the pharmahuasca route to smoking it.

If it's a case of separating the oils the way you suggest, then it seems like it'd be worth the hassle. I'll get SWIM to report back sometime if he ever tries.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/13/2009 12:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does this mistral have a website? does it ship to other parts of europe?

first google result of mistral uk is a kitchen appliances website still under construction...

Buster
#8 Posted : 6/13/2009 1:51:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

afoaf has just this morning finished up drying out some (hopefully mescaline) goodies extracted with sweet orange oil.
it looks quite a bit dirtier than when he used limonene, even tho he took more care this time
not to get oil in the vinegar and filtered through cotton.
also a hell of an emulsion formed between the two liquids. he wont be able to test it for a week or so tho
he'll let the results be known then.

peace love Jimi HendrixVery happy

oops sorry bout the ultra massive pic.im unsure how to resize itRolling eyes
Buster attached the following image(s):
010.JPG (2,604kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

d*l*b
#9 Posted : 6/13/2009 2:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
does this mistral have a website?

They sure do -

http://www.mistral.ie/

Unsure which product is pure limonene though - I can only find

Quote:
Formulated with emulsifier, orange oil, anionic and non ionic surfactants, wetting agents and a water soluble solvent

Worth taking a look at

http://www.mothernaturesgoodies.co.uk/

Listed as sweet orange oil.

D × V × F > R

endlessness
#10 Posted : 6/15/2009 12:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks! did anybody every try this nature goodies one?

SWIM is thinking of getting the 1l for 15 pounds, must be around same same in euros, is this a good price usually? Anybody has experience with this or any other limonene/orange oil supplier in europe?

Buster
#11 Posted : 6/15/2009 8:57:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the above pic is the result of mother natures goodies orange oil.
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

endlessness
#12 Posted : 6/15/2009 9:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks

Though SWIM would be trying first a spice extraction with the oil, so would be different than the picture. Did you make any evap test with the orange oil to see what/how much it leaves?

balaganist
#13 Posted : 6/15/2009 9:43:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
does this mistral have a website? does it ship to other parts of europe?

first google result of mistral uk is a kitchen appliances website still under construction...

try this link

Buster
#14 Posted : 6/15/2009 10:31:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Thanks

Though SWIM would be trying first a spice extraction with the oil, so would be different than the picture. Did you make any evap test with the orange oil to see what/how much it leaves?

no probsSmile and no there has been no evap test done on the orange oil.

peace love and feel free.