We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Where and How of taking DMT Options

smokeydaze
#1 Posted : 6/12/2009 3:28:38 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

The most at ease, relaxed and ready to rock n a roll'n place for me to do DMT is my bedroom. All serious endeavours would take place at night usually with all lights off and open curtains so the nights light could immerse my room in atmosphere creating a subtle but commanding ambience; however sporadic afternoon plays are always enjoyable. I usually clean my room and make my bed, assemble all required materials, load up an awesome album adjusting the volume low but clearly audible, kill the lights and lay on my bed for a while centering myself and letting the butterflies dwell from the anticipation and preparation. I always lay on top of my covers with comfortable clothing, making sure everything is where it should be and my mind is submerged in acceptance before taking off. I’ll always start with a small dose to get in the rhythm and to further cement my imminent departure. Once prepared, I’ll usually put a favourite track on, prepare my dose, take off and lay down with eyes closed..

When participating in a communal gathering a living room with similar circumstances usually works best, however a living room with comfortable couches, eyes open and a tea light candle help in creating a more enjoyable atmosphere for all.

In a garden on a sunny day is always different and fun as well. No music is needed as nature is your orchestra which is awesome in itself. Preparing in a similar manner is always good though, usually finding a nice place to sit where I feel comfortable is first, sitting up straight and cross legged with eyes open is best however one can’t help but to lie down sometimes while in the midst of the expected.

Where and how do you best enjoy DMT?
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 6/12/2009 3:52:45 AM

for communing with spirit, caves are preferred.
the bedroom is awesome, very astral and dreamy.
for cymatic meditations, outside near speakers is a great place to blast off.
listening to water by a stream in the sunshine forest.
I dream of being at the top of a pyramid, after a days worth of sacrifices, riding the galactic wind under starry night.

having a drum and mapacho upon reentry = bliss.

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 6/12/2009 6:22:03 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

taking a small predose sounds interesting - anyone else do that - when swim smokes - no matter how much or little, its a major experience.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Drake
#4 Posted : 6/12/2009 12:08:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My bedroom is the place for me at the moment. I feel safe in my bedroom! After a number of trips I am sure I won't be able to help myself to different settings.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Aegle
#5 Posted : 6/12/2009 12:51:28 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

For me personally my bed is a favourite little nest spot, warm, safe and comfy. My bath is also a beautiful spot as in the early morning or afternoon there are beautiful splashes of light that dance through the windows making lovely light reflections and rainbows. I never use music anymore as i feel during all my journeys i need to give the entheogen my full attention and not be distracted or influenced in any way. I would be keen to try some natural vibrations and sounds during a journey though as in a drum or didgeridoo being played softly as i am very interested in the connection that spice and natural vibrations have with one another.

My dream place to have a spice journey would be either in a field filled with flowers on a sunny day or sitting in the middle of the roots of a large, moist, mossy tree with dappled light shining through the dark green leaves, with wet fresh green grass and moss all around. Involving water seems to also be key for me as i am a water sign and spice seems to favour the environment that incorporates water. So if possible also to have a journey in the natural settings that i have already described with a small stream or brook in hearing distance from my journey spot. Thank you all for sharing your journey spots its great to see the different environments that members enjoy journeying in.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

smokeydaze
#6 Posted : 6/12/2009 2:36:20 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Aegle wrote:
For me personally my bed is a favourite little nest spot, warm, safe and comfy. My bath is also a beautiful spot as in the early morning or afternoon there is beautiful splashes of light that dance through the windows making lovely light reflections and rainbows. I never use music anymore as i feel during all my journeys i need to give the entheogen my full attention and not be distracted or influenced in any way. I would be keen to try some natural vibrations and sounds during a journey though as in a drum or didgeridoo being played softly as i am very interested in the connection that spice and natural vibrations have with one another. My dream place to have a spice journey would be either in a field filled with flowers on a sunny day or sitting in the middle of the roots of a large, moist, mossy tree with dappled light shining through the dark green leaves, with wet fresh green grass and moss all around. Involving water seems to also be key for me as i am a water sign and spice seems to favour the environment to incorporate water. So if possible also to have a journey in the natural settings that i have already described with a small stream or brook in hearing distance from my journey spot. Thank you all for sharing your journey spots its great to see the different environments that members enjoy journeying in. Very happy

Aww Aegle! Totally agree. That sounds awesome, I love light dancing through windows. I understand what you mean by no music but I only listen to ambient sort of tribal music now and playing softly in the background creating a undulating sound scape - it's very deep, very rhythmic, very relaxing, very knowing and very awesome! My favourite artist no doubt is Makyo, you can find two of his songs here (listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Soar_Angelic/3300503) and here - love him! The first song Soar Angelic will actually go for 8min even if the player sais 2min, it's got a beautiful long build up which is perfect for travels and the actual song goes for 14min!

I couldn't imagine doing it beneath the cosy foliage of lush green tropical rain forest, nestled in the roots of a huge tree on a brisk sunny day. I could only assume the atmosphere of such a place would be overwhelming powerful!

Thanks for you inspiring input, and to everyone else so far.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/12/2009 3:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice thread!

Its interesting that most people feel the safety of their room as the best place.

SWIM's trips have alternated between his bedroom, friends' houses and in nature. It's hard to say what is the best because, as phlux said, for SWIM, every trip is quite incredible. The 'silent darkness in bed' trips are incredible, but in isolated nature places during sunset can also be epic!

SWIM already tried with music and it has been good, but generally like aegle preffers to pay full attention to the trip and have nothing interfering.. Maybe softly in the background, the right music, could work good. The nature sounds in outdoor settings have always been positive or neutral to the experience for SWIM.

soulfood
#8 Posted : 6/12/2009 4:47:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm all about the bed Smile. I use a little ambient texture music (no words, no beats, no melodies), just to take the "air" out of the room so I can't here clanky pipes and any machines wirring and ticking. I have a small pre-dose and leave my eyes closed until I feel the effects have worn off completely.

Then I'll lay there with my pillow up against the wall contemplating what I have experienced. Using caapi changa I can really think through the experience and it's giving me a lot of insight and revelations.

Buster
#9 Posted : 6/12/2009 6:27:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i usually am in my living room at night. i make a comfortable bed in the middle of the floor
with a small lamp on. i like to journey with music,not to loud not to quiet just right for me.
usually some really nice chemical brothers track ,or my beloved Jimi HendrixVery happy.
my bedroom was also quite comfortable but i found my clothes distracting and had to strip off.
two sundaysabout (60 journeys travelled)ago i went out for the first time into nature to smoke some spice to the place in my avatar
picture, it was a glorious day...for scotland. no music a pre dose of 1 lungfull from the machine'then about 2mins
later, 1 massive draw(had earlier loader it with 100mg spice).
all i can say after that is, some one described a situation on a thred earlier this week as "breaking through
a breakthrough". i totally get what they ment Laughing.
nature rules!Very happy

peace love enjoy cannabisWink
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Aegle
#10 Posted : 6/12/2009 8:15:54 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

smokeydaze wrote:

Aww Aegle! Totally agree. That sounds awesome, I love light dancing through windows. I understand what you mean by no music but I only listen to ambient sort of tribal music now and playing softly in the background creating a undulating sound scape - it's very deep, very rhythmic, very relaxing, very knowing and very awesome! My favourite artist no doubt is Makyo, you can find two of his songs here (listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Soar_Angelic/3300503) and here - love him! The first song Soar Angelic will actually go for 8min even if the player sais 2min, it's got a beautiful long build up which is perfect for travels and the actual song goes for 14min!

I couldn't imagine doing it beneath the cosy foliage of lush green tropical rain forest, nestled in the roots of a huge tree on a brisk sunny day. I could only assume the atmosphere of such a place would be overwhelming powerful!

Thanks for you inspiring input, and to everyone else so far.

Smokeydaze I listened to both the songs by Makyo wow i can see why you like Makyo so much its such amazing, beautiful and very ambient and calm music truly lovely its the type of music that i really enjoy listening to as i am a very chilled person by nature. Thank you for letting me know about Makyo ill definitely be making a plan to get some more of Makyos music. I love light dancing through windows to i am lucky to have a bathroom that gets such beautiful sunlight during the day time. I see where you are coming from completely Smokey ambient, deep and relaxing is definitely the route to go if you are going to play music during a journey. Indeed nestled in between a beautiful old trees roots would be overwhelmingly powerful indeed hence why it would be one of my favourite spots. Wink

Much Peace and Compassion
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Space
#11 Posted : 6/14/2009 8:36:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A while ago when tripping I used to enjoy being alone, lying down on my bed eyes closed with some really good ambient music, but like really minimal sort of stuff, and had some amazing experiences, where the music had so much more space to it. It was like a vast labyrinth of sounds, which had different places of sound I could go in to -awesome, really sounded sacred.

But now I just meditate alone in my bedroom in complete darkness, with no sound.
I've been thinking about interesting locations to take ayahuasca, or salvia (don't smoke) I think out somewhere in nature where it's pure white from snow would be good, to like clothe myself up really warm, and find a good place to sit alone, and you know that silence you get when snow is everywhere? -that trully would be beautiful. I'm going to do it one day. Another location I'd like is next to the ocean, alone, either on quite a windy day, where the waves are chaotic ish, or on a really peacefull sky-blue day.

Contact
#12 Posted : 6/15/2009 8:06:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my favourite place to fly is my living room. I got a comfortable couch and a white ceiling, on which the OEV can show their whole beauty. Mostly i light some big candles and put on some chillout music (http://www.di.fm , section "Chillout"... a must try for tripping, this channel is awesome)

I tried sometime to smoke it in my bedroom, but the bed is too flat for me and there's not much going on in the room when i come back, so it's kind of irritating.

Last weekend, i've decided to take some Pau D'arco to a Party to try if spice is good for a party.. (I know, the answer is kind of clear, but i wanted to try anyway Razz ) So i've realized, when i'm at a party, it works wonderfull in a Joint together with some MJ and you can share it with others. With the bong, it hit me hard on the dancefloor and i was flying through the people and the music (psytrance) fulfilled my body completely. It was very interesting to have a trip like that on a party. Pretty amazing, as you realize that you're still in control of your body, altough you just had e Breakthrough dose Smile

So for the conclusion:
At home: Living room on my beloved couch
Outside: in Nature, under a tree
or at a Party: in a joint to share with others and have some nice CEV while dancing Smile
There is more than we can see with our eyes open

Eclectic
#13 Posted : 6/15/2009 4:59:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure I found my place yet.. I tried in the backyard but felt a little exposed, even though it's highly unlikely anyone would see me back there.. I have a camping chair, one of those ones that fold up.. It's nice and the cup holder can hold a drink.. I like sitting in nature for the experience, but I don't like the possibility of some kid walking down the back yards to go somewhere.. or .. someone chasing a loose dog across the yard. It happens at least a few times a month.. lol

I think the places I like it will end up varying depending on the time of day.. I'd like a good spot outside for the daytime, and at night in my room would be nice with the soft blue glow of my lava lamp as the light source.. I haven't tried that yet, but I might tonight if I have nothing else to do. It turns out the sandwiching method for DMT smoking is much much easier for me than any other.. I stopped myself from hitting it whereas usually the coughing would stop me.. In one pull off of my bong I got more DMT containing smoke than I did from 2 light bulbs full when vaporizing it.. and it wasn't nearly as harsh.. Having something I smoke a lot that is familiar seemed to help my lungs not go "What the FUCK" and cough it all out.
This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.

Oh, and if you found yourself wondering what my avatar says, it's "Very Gradual CHANGE We Can Believe in".. I love that.

balaganist
#14 Posted : 6/15/2009 5:06:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Contact wrote:

or at a Party: in a joint to share with others and have some nice CEV while dancing Smile

Interesting .. I was at a private outdoor party in the countryside on the weekend, I did bring some Changa with me, thought of putting some in a joint to share with friends... but then wasnt sure how it would react with other stuff in peoples system - alcohol, MDMA and san pedro extract in various degrees. I didnt want anyone freaking out!!
So .. I guess its ok?

I had a bong of changa before I went to sleep in the morning and it was nice, so I guess its cool ... seems harder to breakthrough in that state but made for some interesting CEV's when drifting off to sleep Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Contact
#15 Posted : 6/15/2009 6:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well the people with whom i shared with, were mostly high on mdma, cocaine, amphetamin, lsd or shrooms... none of them had any problems... Of course it has also to do with the method of ingestion. When smoked in a Joint (Damiana is also wonderful in a Joint) you need to keep the smoke longer and the effects aren't pretty strong in comparison to a bong. I think if some of them would have smoked it in a bong, they'd gone crazy Smile

So for advice, if you're on any other drugs and absolutely want spice: Do in a Joint.

But one thing to remember: The others around you won't like it. Many people came to me and told me: that whatever shit i'm smoking, you can smell it on the whole party and most of the people don't like it. Smells like crap etc...

So indoors party definitly = a no no! outdoors = get yourself a quiet space on the side of the dancefloor... best thing: the wind blows into a direction where nobody is Very happy
There is more than we can see with our eyes open