We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia plant cold damage, Can i salvage it? HELP Options

BecometheOther
#1 Posted : 4/3/2015 6:31:27 PM

metamorhpasizer

My poor salvia divinorum plant has been struggling lately, not getting enough light by its window,, and so dropping foilage. I figureed with the start of nice spring weather it would do better outside now, so i placed the plant outside for one day and forgot about it...

It may have reached 40 or so degrees that night at a low, i didn't think that could damage it..

But i returned to find the plant severely damaged, and I'm very sad because it is my only plant and i don't know if i could get this clone again it came from an old man who has lost touch...

Anyways, my question is is there a way the plant can bounce back, any steps i can take to encourage that process?

Ill describe e the problem:

The plant has turned black/brown. It looks all wilted. The top of the stem is wet and mushy like it is totally dead, at the bottom the color is still black, but there is some firmness to the stem. Thats all i know, i returned to the plant being this black color.

Is there any hope for my plant what can i do. Please help!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MaNoMaNoM
#2 Posted : 4/3/2015 7:39:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia has trouble bouncing back, i also have a struggling salvia.
Avoid long exposure to direct sun, at least until the health returns.
Clipped some black stems from salvia, so that seemed to help some.
One thing that can kill sally is overwatering, it's better to underwater.
it was left outside overnight in the 40's but that didn't seem a problem.
Not very experienced with salvia though, maybe someone else can help.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

BecometheOther
#3 Posted : 4/5/2015 7:35:19 PM

metamorhpasizer

Thank you for your input, i have since put the plant in a humidity dome with light in hopes it will recover...

Anyone else have any thoughts
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

pinche
#4 Posted : 4/5/2015 8:30:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As long as the roots are ok there is still a chance but it sounds pretty bad. Sally is a finicky girl. Try to provide optimum conditions, that's all you can really do. Salvia does not tolerate changes well. A few degrees temp or humidity change can wreak havoc on them. Try to keep conditions constant and if you do change the enviroment do it very slowly. That's just my two cents from my experience. Good luck.

BecometheOther
#5 Posted : 4/6/2015 6:06:51 PM

metamorhpasizer

Thanks for the input, i guess only time will tell.....
I will post the results