We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
[QUESTIONNAIRE] for new members to get a faster promotion to full membership Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 4/3/2015 8:29:46 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dear members,

After seeing how useful our questionnaire could be for getting to know people, we have now permanently implemented a serious version on the forum for new members to partake.

New members will now see a clear invitation under the header of each forum page:

You can click on the QUESTIONNAIRE link to start the questionnaire, on the questionnaire page you can read more information about the how and why. Please understand that this is a serious version of the previous questionnaire and as such we expect you to take this serious as well!

Full members can check what new members have answered to the questions in the following subforum:
New member questionnaire results

As a full member please use that subforum to better judge your promotion vote for a new member. New members cannot see this subforum to prevent peeking.

I hope this will be a valuable tool to promote new members based on real merits!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Spiralout
#2 Posted : 4/3/2015 8:31:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great idea trav Cool

BornAnew
#3 Posted : 4/3/2015 8:36:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent idea! Especially the questions that involve specific forum topics and discussions, makes it feel like you are joining a community instead of just another forum website.

Love it! Big grin

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 4/3/2015 9:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting idea.. we shall see how well new members adapt to it. That is if they wish to. Each new member must show and thrive with what the forum already has set up for them. Still nothing comparable to good old patience. Smile This idea kinda verges on the cusp of taking the short cut route. Rolling eyes I suppose to each their own.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

DansMaTete
#5 Posted : 4/3/2015 9:48:21 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

So no question about illuminati and babies pineal gland harvesting in this questionaire ?

How can we judge seriouly someone without that ?

Razz
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Felnik
#6 Posted : 4/3/2015 11:43:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great idea I thought there were some really good useful questions
on that thing . It took me 60 of them so I should know Smile
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 4/4/2015 9:45:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to see it happening....but one suggestion: Exclude these posts from the "Active Discussion" tab or add them to the welcome area tab because it makes it impossible for regular posts to appear.

wearepeople
#8 Posted : 4/4/2015 9:51:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spractral wrote:
Great idea trav Cool

Trav. Cheers.

Wap approved.

(that means something, somewhere, somehow)

Very happy
wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

DansMaTete
#9 Posted : 4/4/2015 10:00:42 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

obliguhl wrote:
Good to see it happening....but one suggestion: Exclude these posts from the "Active Discussion" tab or add them to the welcome area tab because it makes it impossible for regular posts to appear.

+1 for this

It mess up the way i use the Nexus and who wants that ? Razz

And, the staring contest of WAP's icons is disturbing. Am i to sensitive ...
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Ufostrahlen
#10 Posted : 4/4/2015 10:13:18 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

obliguhl wrote:

+1

A [QUESTIONNAIRE] tab next to the [Introduction Essay] tab in the profile overview would also come in handy.

Should full members review the whole section regularly? If so, the new members will have some homework to do, because from a quick glance yesterday, most of the answers weren't that satisfactory. Nothing my normally trigger happy upvote finger found pleasing.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

wearepeople
#11 Posted : 4/4/2015 10:39:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

Should full members review the whole section regularly? If so, the new members will have some homework to do, because from a quick glance yesterday, most of the answers weren't that satisfactory. Nothing my normally trigger happy upvote finger found pleasing.

Well, Well Mr. Speedy Answer,

Yes, Help em.

Kind Regards,
wap.
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Ufostrahlen
#12 Posted : 4/4/2015 10:49:30 AM

wearepeople wrote:
Well, Well Mr. Speedy Answer,

Yes, Help em.

How can I help them? They are supposed to read, not to be spoon-fed. I actually liked that guy that was able to present a DMT paper, but it was from ten years ago, not the required 5 years. Is it so hard to enter dimethyltryptamine in Pubmed?

Btw, I like your turtle, Slow answer-san.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 4/4/2015 11:45:02 AM

"No, seriously"

Ufostrahlen wrote:
How can I help them? They are supposed to read, not to be spoon-fed.

You can clearly see where some are struggling or where some have the wrong idea about a subject. For those it would be handy to send them a PM to help them out.

Also an important question that you have to ask yourself is: "will this person be a good addition to the full forum?". If the answer is yes, then you know what to vote.

Mostly what I am looking for is intention. I remember when I first entered the DMT-Nexus I did not know much about entheogens, harm reduction, etc. but I for sure was willing to learn and to add to this community.

So even people who have the wrong idea about certain subjects or still know little can be a good addition, just look if they are willing to learn. Look at the trend and not where they currently are.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Ufostrahlen
#14 Posted : 4/4/2015 12:04:44 PM

The Traveler wrote:
Also an important question that you have to ask yourself is: "will this person be a good addition to the full forum?". If the answer is yes, then you know what to vote.

Okay, I see. But the pH vs. common materials people who did not well have to (re)read the lab safety pages before I upvote them.

Quote:
So even people who have the wrong idea about certain subjects or still know little can be a good addition, just look if they are willing to learn. Look at the trend and not where they currently are.

Yes, I blame it on the starting phase, I have a look next week again. Would it make sense to randomize the questions? Maybe it's me, but I got bored reading the same questions over and over again. If someone did well on the first 2 pages I upvoted him/her. Looking at the full 5 pages will slow down my review capacity considerably. The question is: quality vs. quantity?

The Traveler
#15 Posted : 4/4/2015 12:25:34 PM

"No, seriously"

Ufostrahlen wrote:
The question is: quality vs. quantity?

Always quality first.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Ufostrahlen
#16 Posted : 4/4/2015 3:12:58 PM

The Traveler wrote:
Always quality first.

Thumbs up

TheAwakening
#17 Posted : 4/5/2015 4:58:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really good idea! When I logged in and got the questionnaire on april fools I approached it seriously for the first couple of questions thinking that it was a really good idea, then with the strange questions it finally clicked..still took me a while to work out how to get in Big grin Good to see a serious version is being implemented!

smokerx
#18 Posted : 4/5/2015 8:07:10 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

I like it but would not want to go through those million questions again my self. After two hours never ending loop I was really upset Sad Big grin And the %^$%^£^ hint did not work Smile

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Continuum
#19 Posted : 4/6/2015 1:33:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would it be possible to make it so the answers to the Questionnaire don't show in the Last 10 Posts field of the new members' profiles?

It might be nice to be able to see their first 10 post, last 10 non-questionnaire posts, and the answers to their questions, especially for people who didn't get promoted quickly, to see if the content of the forum posts are improving and becoming assimilated to the nexus attitude over time.
Forge a Path with Heart <3

The Traveler
#20 Posted : 4/6/2015 7:24:11 PM

"No, seriously"

Continuum wrote:
Would it be possible to make it so the answers to the Questionnaire don't show in the Last 10 Posts field of the new members' profiles?

Good idea, I have removed those posts from the first/last 10 posts.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

12NEXT