We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
High Dose Mushroom Experiment Options

joedirt
#21 Posted : 3/18/2015 6:45:42 PM

Not I

Oh for sure there was some interesting things in his talk, but he seemed a little flustered and was providing unsound information.. like 10lbs of psilocybin being safe.. presumable he meant 10 lbs of cubensis...which still isn't safe... I could be wrong, but last time I did the calculation I ended up with the LD50 being somewhere around a 1lb for a human.. and of course these are just estimates...but there is a vast different between 20grams and 1lb much less 10lbs.

I guess I just felt like he wasn't being mindful of harm reduction. I saw a lot of people in that audience that might very well be impressionable enough to go home and try this.. only to find they end up running through campus butt naked because the fairy dragon is chasing them... These doses damn sure aren't for the uninitiated or mental challenged..

I also have a hard time believing he is giving your average 'house wife' 20 grams of shrooms and everything just turns out fine... Not saying it hasn't happened..just saying I'm skeptical. I have done shroom more than just about anything else and I just can't fathom a dose that large.. In fact I'm certain my body would just shut down... same as it does if I cross 30-40mgs of DMT. At some point consciousness is completely and totally overloaded. What is the benefit of that? I just think it's irresponsible to promote these kinds of doses to a general audience like he is doing. That's just my personal opinion though.

You know for me 7.5 grams led to a direct encounter with what I've referred to as the godhead... I was absolutely gone for 6 hours.. I mean I couldn't tell were I was.... then I tripped for another 6 hours before it all wound down. I'm pretty sure that was approaching the upper dose of what I can personally handle... and I actually get way more benefit from a standard size dose.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#22 Posted : 3/18/2015 7:00:26 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

+1

Well stated, joe Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Infectedstyle
#23 Posted : 3/18/2015 7:52:02 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

+1 from me. thanks for that, that is pretty cool.

Metanoia
#24 Posted : 3/18/2015 8:17:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
Rememeber it's not how large of a dose you take, but what you get from the dose you take

This, exactly this. Thumbs up

Dosages can vary widely from person to person. It's not about taking the biggest dose, it's about what can be gleaned from that dosage.

form is emptiness wrote:
If you're looking to really boost the experience perhaps consider combing 150mg harmalas with just 3g of cubes. And then increment further trips by an additional gram.

I would agree with this advice. You can save yourself the massive doses and simply add some harmalas in to potentiate the experience. The most intense experiences I've had with mushrooms were in the form of psilohuasca. It's very important to start small with psilohuasca, however. IME it's much less forgiving than mushrooms on their own.

So here's my epic tale of the largest dose of mushrooms I've taken. Similar to didnof's, which should give you an indication of what you're in for if you cross a certain dosage threshold.

I was also sixteen years old, and very brash and naive. I had some pretty extensive experience with mushrooms and LSD at that point, and was a daily smoker of Cannabis, in copious amounts. It was the middle of the summer, I had some awesome friends, and I thought I was invincible. So I decided that I would buy a half ounce of mushrooms and eat them all in one night. One of my friends knew a grower and they also planned on taking very large doses, simply walking around town at night munching out of our baggies, until they were empty. As you can tell by the sounds of it, it didn't end too well.

There were some moments of extreme and total bliss. Some indescribable visions. Memories that will never fade, for good or ill. We marched around munching, until most of us had consumed 10+ grams. I did indeed finish the whole half ounce bag within about two hours, so it became like a 5 hour peak which I struggled through at times. Some of my other friends did alright, some not. The two who ate the slowest actually had the hardest time that night. They seemed to extend their peak beyond 6+ hours and one of them became totally overwhelmed and had a sort of psychotic break? He and two others broke from the group and ended up being arrested. The one who had a sort of mental breakdown ended up in the hospital tied to a bed. After the experience he could barely recall the beginning of that night, and nothing of his strange and dangerous behavior. At one point during the night I had tried to talk to him to calm him down because he kept yelling and would collapse on the ground for no reason, then jump back up and start running. As I was talking to him he had a massive violent outburst and punched me several times. I was shocked and it put me into a negative thought loop for a little while, and I kept my distance from the group while still staying with them. But my arm and chest tingling from being physically hit and the negative thought pattern it introduced is why I think I didn't stop him and the others from leaving the group. The two who were taking care of him said they wanted to get him inside and try to calm him down, so I thought that was probably best. And I knew if he stayed with the group that something very bad was going to happen at some point (an inevitable confrontation with police)

But I still feel guilt about this. The friend who assaulted me was almost charged with assault on a police officer as he tried to fight them when they were arresting him. And one of the other two who were with him did actually get charged with resisting arrest because he tried to run when they put the handcuffs on him. Everyone learned a lesson that night for sure. I did do some heavy doses of psychedelics after that, but I think that night is what really made me calm down and be more careful with my use. I think it was a full year or so before I dosed on LSD after that, and even longer for mushrooms.

Yes, I was young and stupid and made a mistake. I survived and learned a valuable lesson. But I would hope not everyone needs such harsh lessons like having to see their friends lose it and get arrested/hospitalized.

Moral of the story: be very careful above 7 - 8 grams. Have a safe environment to ride out the experience in. Have a very trustworthy and patient person to watch over you, who is sober.

And maybe just think about taking a couple grams with some harmalas and work your way up from there Thumbs up

jamie
#25 Posted : 3/18/2015 9:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have eaten enough psilocybe cyans to = 12-18g cubensis..6g of cyans dry that were always about 3x the potency of cubensis..

I actually handled it much better than I ever have 5g doses of cubensis, or lower doses of cyanescens. I broke though and flopped down onto the ground in front of friends(who took much less). I wont try to explain what happened to me when I was out of my body...but let's put it this way..so far even DMT has not really touched that level.

I never did it again. It was a mistake to begin with, I had no idea how strong wild cyanescens were at the time. I just met this old guy who was like a master at picking cyanescens, and that was that..I ended up couple days later in the woods with a handful of the things freshly picked and dried, and dosed them as if they were cubensis.

I did not simply black out anyway..not at all..might have looked that way but that was not the case.

I am willing to bet that pure psilocybin is much stronger than DMT. It's probly closer to 5-MeO-DMT doses mg for mg.

On the come down of that trip I also ate half a hit of blotter..but that's for another time hehe.
Long live the unwoke.

d*l*b
#26 Posted : 3/18/2015 10:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was having some thought about the large-dose issue last time I ate mushrooms (I seem to need large doses to get anywhere with the tryptamines, orally at least), I wondered if those of us who need/want very large doses should widely share what we are dosing. If you need to work like that it will happen naturally, I’m not sure anyone else needs to be there to encourage you to throw yourself in at the extreme dose ranges. Hopefully those that do push the boat out far are sensible and build up to it.

A +1 to the addition of harmalas, I find mushrooms to be physically taxing, harmalas feel easier to me.
D × V × F > R

third-eye-open
#27 Posted : 3/18/2015 11:23:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is just too much for the common person, even if you take cubes regularly. IME reaching hyperspace on mushrooms only takes 8-10g cubes and sometimes much less. It dose become too intense, similar to the first few minutes of a good hit of DMT, too much to comprehend coming at you too fast and it is hard recall what happen. This happend when I took 14g of golden teachers, each of them measured more than 12" long. I really only need 6g of these guys. Lesson learned.
"Realty is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -Lily Tomlin

The cosmos is viewed as a spontaneous act of ongoing creation arising out of a womb-like emptiness with unlimited potential.

Infectedstyle
#28 Posted : 3/18/2015 11:34:49 PM

Golden teachers floord me at 4g. Granted, these where exceptional specimens. Know your shrooms.
Kilindi Iyi likely uses Cubensis in most of his journeys.

I myself really want to get some Cyans now Smile There's some in my area maybe I can be a pro-hunter Laughing

endlessness
#29 Posted : 3/19/2015 12:08:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For the "hard heads" .. Be careful, you might not always be a hard head even if you were consistently so in the past.

I've had a batch of shrooms that I took regularly 5g for a decent trip but nothing out of this world. Fastforward 4 years later, same batch of shrooms, I take 2.5g and get completely floored, even forget I took any shrooms at all, go into a dreamworld, live events in my head that arent happening at all and have no connection to whats happening in 'real' life, etc.

As for increasing dosages, I think there's two sides of this. I think people need to watch out for the ego puffing piss-contest of who takes higher doses (even if it's a contest with oneself ). Usually people will end up getting more than they bargained for, and hopefully this doesn't end up in some kind of accident. We don't need more horror stories of people freaking out and running naked around town or doing something even worse.

At the same time, I understand that it's a natural part of the human spirit to try to expand boundaries, see till where we can go, explore consciousness to it's limits. That being said, if people are really willing to do that, they should be fully aware that the change in trip intensity might not be linear in relation to the dosage, and that one can really lose contact with one's surroundings. So please, please, be in a safe space, and ideally have a sitter.

Personally with one particular batch of shrooms I also tested increasing dosages. I ended up getting to 7g, which is when an interstellar war and apocalypse happened. Hours later, I realised the laser cannons and ships fighting were not really there, it was just me, looking at my bedsheets, lol. Thankfully it was a safe setting and I didnt move from my bed, and if I had, my gf would have prevented me from doing anything dangerous. Years before that I think I took even higher dosages when I was young and reckless and was picking fresh shrooms and just eating a lot of them. Again, thankfully nothing bad happened, but it certainly could have, because some of those situations were not in safe settings or in the best company. Good I learned from my mistakes and now avoid such things.

So not from a moralistic perspective, but from an honestly concerned fellow explorer, I urge you guys and gals to please be careful, and explore if you will, but not for a silly bravado and ego puffing. If you do it, think it through, be safe, and be sure to take responsibility for the decision you are taking. Remember once it's in your body, the contract is already signed and out of your hands.

Lastly, just to note: I totally agree with snozz, joedirt and others that it's not about how much you take, it's about what you get out of the trip. Sometimes less is more.

Infectedstyle
#30 Posted : 3/19/2015 12:24:32 AM

Thanks Endlessness for these honest words from an experienced traveler. Ur last statement is all too true in my experience. Most of these stories in this thread are about reckless dosing. Non of this can happen in a ritualistic setting with full intent to embrace it and stay put. Nobody should be operating outside of the context of the experience itself. Madness is a common area with the mushroom in my experience.

I consider these dosage to be practice of dying. That should signify the depth and the seriousness of the situation.

DmnStr8
#31 Posted : 3/19/2015 12:45:33 AM

Come what may

joedirt wrote:

This guy does not sound like the poster child for mental stability.

He is a character! Battling evil in hyperspace! lol
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

DmnStr8
#32 Posted : 3/19/2015 12:50:02 AM

Come what may

Metanoia wrote:
joedirt wrote:
Rememeber it's not how large of a dose you take, but what you get from the dose you take

This, exactly this. Thumbs up

Dosages can vary widely from person to person. It's not about taking the biggest dose, it's about what can be gleaned from that dosage.

form is emptiness wrote:
If you're looking to really boost the experience perhaps consider combing 150mg harmalas with just 3g of cubes. And then increment further trips by an additional gram.

I would agree with this advice. You can save yourself the massive doses and simply add some harmalas in to potentiate the experience. The most intense experiences I've had with mushrooms were in the form of psilohuasca. It's very important to start small with psilohuasca, however. IME it's much less forgiving than mushrooms on their own.

So here's my epic tale of the largest dose of mushrooms I've taken. Similar to didnof's, which should give you an indication of what you're in for if you cross a certain dosage threshold.

I was also sixteen years old, and very brash and naive. I had some pretty extensive experience with mushrooms and LSD at that point, and was a daily smoker of Cannabis, in copious amounts. It was the middle of the summer, I had some awesome friends, and I thought I was invincible. So I decided that I would buy a half ounce of mushrooms and eat them all in one night. One of my friends knew a grower and they also planned on taking very large doses, simply walking around town at night munching out of our baggies, until they were empty. As you can tell by the sounds of it, it didn't end too well.

There were some moments of extreme and total bliss. Some indescribable visions. Memories that will never fade, for good or ill. We marched around munching, until most of us had consumed 10+ grams. I did indeed finish the whole half ounce bag within about two hours, so it became like a 5 hour peak which I struggled through at times. Some of my other friends did alright, some not. The two who ate the slowest actually had the hardest time that night. They seemed to extend their peak beyond 6+ hours and one of them became totally overwhelmed and had a sort of psychotic break? He and two others broke from the group and ended up being arrested. The one who had a sort of mental breakdown ended up in the hospital tied to a bed. After the experience he could barely recall the beginning of that night, and nothing of his strange and dangerous behavior. At one point during the night I had tried to talk to him to calm him down because he kept yelling and would collapse on the ground for no reason, then jump back up and start running. As I was talking to him he had a massive violent outburst and punched me several times. I was shocked and it put me into a negative thought loop for a little while, and I kept my distance from the group while still staying with them. But my arm and chest tingling from being physically hit and the negative thought pattern it introduced is why I think I didn't stop him and the others from leaving the group. The two who were taking care of him said they wanted to get him inside and try to calm him down, so I thought that was probably best. And I knew if he stayed with the group that something very bad was going to happen at some point (an inevitable confrontation with police)

But I still feel guilt about this. The friend who assaulted me was almost charged with assault on a police officer as he tried to fight them when they were arresting him. And one of the other two who were with him did actually get charged with resisting arrest because he tried to run when they put the handcuffs on him. Everyone learned a lesson that night for sure. I did do some heavy doses of psychedelics after that, but I think that night is what really made me calm down and be more careful with my use. I think it was a full year or so before I dosed on LSD after that, and even longer for mushrooms.

Yes, I was young and stupid and made a mistake. I survived and learned a valuable lesson. But I would hope not everyone needs such harsh lessons like having to see their friends lose it and get arrested/hospitalized.

Moral of the story: be very careful above 7 - 8 grams. Have a safe environment to ride out the experience in. Have a very trustworthy and patient person to watch over you, who is sober.

And maybe just think about taking a couple grams with some harmalas and work your way up from there Thumbs up

What a great suggestion! I like everything that everyone is saying on here. You guys are awesome!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Infectedstyle
#33 Posted : 3/20/2015 12:39:32 PM

Either way, be careful. Everything can be learned from

nexalizer
#34 Posted : 3/21/2015 3:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really mesmerized by some of the stories in this thread. I've only ever experienced hyperspace on changa, and while having never broken through on salvia, it's easy to see the potential there.

It's both enticing and slightly scary to (try to) imagine the mushroom or acid version of hyperspace!
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#35 Posted : 3/24/2015 4:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How's it coming DmnStr8? Have you decided how much weight will be experimented with? Your experiences so far seem similar to mine.

(I'm not trying to persuade you, if you have chosen to abort the experiment)

But if you do....give this a listen if you need something to ground yourself. Not many folks know how psychedelic this song is, listen 'till the end. It always puts me in great/chill mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_0oaJcMgY

DmnStr8
#36 Posted : 3/24/2015 8:41:12 PM

Come what may

Just.Ask.The.Axis wrote:
How's it coming DmnStr8? Have you decided how much weight will be experimented with? Your experiences so far seem similar to mine.

(I'm not trying to persuade you, if you have chosen to abort the experiment)

But if you do....give this a listen if you need something to ground yourself. Not many folks know how psychedelic this song is, listen 'till the end. It always puts me in great/chill mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_0oaJcMgY

I am not aborting. I am waiting for my cubes to fruit. Likely start it in about three weeks.

Ryusaki
#37 Posted : 3/25/2015 10:56:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the last year whenever i took shrooms, i also took Rue tea.
It was my plan to increase the dose of the shrooms, but instead i kept the shrooms dose low, while increasing the Rue (this was due to lack of proper shroom material and lack of courage).

I ended up drinking 7gr Rue tea with 1 gr of cubes.

Thats definatly another way to get an deep experience.

I plan to keep the rue dose high (>5gr) while increasing the shrooms dose further.
So far it is still easy to manage, but i think it will change fast when going over 1.5 gram shrooms.

letudiante
#38 Posted : 3/28/2015 9:59:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hope nobody minds me posting about the trip I had as a first post. Anywho.

Five years ago, a week before the school I decided to go to pick some Semilanceatas, hopefully to have a good time (back then I was deeply into Castaneda + being somewhat a teeange, you catch the feel). I came to the field, fortunately being alone after the rain. It turned out to be quite lucky, I managed to pick around 200 or so. Almost all of them were pretty fresh and big, so I could expect a lot. And I did.

A day before the new school year (don't ask) I thought it'd be a good idea to have a trip, since everyone was at the work, except my sister. I woke up, calmed myself down and ate around 110 shrooms while drinking black tea, hoping to enter the void much sooner. I turned on some quite pleasent and quiet ambient on the background. It was a sunny day.

In about 20 minutes the first signs of the upcoming trip had begun. Unfortunately for me, it's always the negative ones, such as tremor, anxiety, cold feet etc etc. I quickly got my shit together and tried to relax and just let the shrooms lead the way. In about 20 minutes later I started to feel one the strogenst euphorias I ever had. The visuals were not that strong, but they were there. Mostly it was the paradigm of thinking that was completely different. The attitudes towards everything and everyone. During this trip I noticed that shrooms do indeed have "waves", and the each next is stronger than one before. The "euphoria" lasted the first three waves.

After that everything went down to south. Let me explain - I never felt anxiety, fear or any other negative emotions back then (except the first 30 minutes) - mostly curiosity and calmness. But until this day, when I remind myself of what's hapenned after the third wave, I can't help but cringe out of fear. Basically at that point my ego, my consciousness started to chaotically and intesively break apart. It wasn't violent, but it felt so real, as if I could touch it. I was laying on my bed, a bit twitching and ceased to exist. I was hearing the most insane and intense cacophonia of everything around me, the visuals were chaotic. Although I saw my room, I couldn't even comprehend, what this "rectangular space" was doing around everything. After approx. 2 hours the ego has simply disintegrated. I remember that back then in that chaos there was either mysterious feeling or presence, which chaotically tried very hard to perceive itself, which in result maybe had something to do with "me". This "presence" basically flew through the memories and decisions I made a while ago and tried to perceive the point of them. It also saw my relatives and was completely unaware, who they were. I was erased and forgot everything in this chaotic hyperspace.

One eternity later, the presence managed to perceive itself and I finally got at least some parts of my consiousness. Getting up and walking was a pain in the ass, it was so hard. After wandering in the apartement for a while I decided to lay down, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go to school. At this point I was aware of myself, but very very faintly. The atmosphere and visuals were still enormously tense and I knew that if I let it go, I'd disintegrate again. Basically I tried really hard to keep it all together. Laying in the bed, I was basically talking to myself outloud in order to get back to this world. The last intense visual of it is the most memorable. Do you remember some glowing cats picks? Like this - http://cdn9.staztic.com/...y-160129-1-s-307x512.jpg

I remember looking at my freaked out cat and it looked exactly like this, though it was glowing white with amber eyes. On of the most beautiful things ever.

I could go on and on about the realizations, the morale etc I made after the trip. All I want to say is that one of the most important things about the shrooms and even DMT (I still never managed to embrace it) is being content, calm and self-controlled. If you are this, you'll be able to go through disintegration.

joedirt
#39 Posted : 4/1/2015 5:36:16 PM

Not I

DmnStr8 wrote:
joedirt wrote:

This guy does not sound like the poster child for mental stability.

He is a character! Battling evil in hyperspace! lol

After watching a few of his other videos I will back down from this stance as he actually seem like he is pretty well together, though I stand by my statements regarding lack of harm reduction in this video.

However in this video he actually does address harm reduction and even says he doesn't encourage people to just go take 20 grams...

I think I'd actually enjoy talking to Kilindi.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

geeg30
#40 Posted : 4/2/2015 1:06:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love high dose shrooms - me and a friend don't think twice of brewing up 600-800 liberty caps between us. Strange things happen at these doses and is not for the feint of heart. We have to lock the door beforehand so we can't escape into the real world but the experience is something else. Well worth the effort :-)
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

PREV1234NEXT