We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time doing DMT/Ayahuasca alone? Options

jdjd9
#1 Posted : 3/19/2015 4:19:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, I have done some searches around but haven't found much discussion on this topic. Long of the short, lets say someone has had experience with Salvia with a sitter a couple times. Now, they have M. Hostilis and Rue. They are aware of a DMT jello shot recipe, that basically acts like Ayahuasca. Also, the recipe supposedly helps prevent nausea.

There is no sitter available as they live far away from everyone they know now and seriously can't find anyone to watch. Would it be safe to try this stuff on there own?

I honestly would love to do this. I could really use some serious help that seems to come from this thing. However, I'm concerned about what 6 hours will be like. I am aware DMT is shorter and might be a better path. But, all the recipes out there seem very complicated, requires you to waste a lot of M. Hostilis (which is hard to get. It appears all the Ayahuasca require less).

Would it be safe to try this Ayahuasca recipe on ones own? Or are there easier ways of doing this is one wants to start out on there own with this?

Thanks for any information.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BundleflowerPower
#2 Posted : 3/19/2015 4:56:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can only speak on my own experience, but the first 4 or 5 times I drank, I was alone. In fact, I'm glad I did it alone the first time, it's such an intense and personal experience that having a sitter would have been very awkward for me.

I'm not telling you to do it alone, but if you choose that route, start with a small amount. Drink half, then if you need more drink the rest. And have some music ready, it will help direct the experience. Make sure you are in a peaceful environment with no risk of other people barging in. Perhaps consider doing it in nature, if you know a place in the wilderness far from other people. This can produce a very powerful connection with Gaia.

How many grams of mimosa are you planning on taking anyway?
Don't underestimate the power of the brew, it's extremely intense.

#3 Posted : 3/19/2015 1:42:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

It's definitely nice to have a sitter in another room for the night if need be, but ime i've never found the need for a sitter or having anyone there, aside from the very first time i brewed and drank with my ex. I've always preferred to journey alone.

For me, having someone there, especially if im deep in, doesn't help me much nor give any sort of comfort or guiding hand, especially if i've taken a substantial dose. When i've taken sufficient doses, im so completely bombarded/awestruck that the recognition of a person outside of myself or anything related just doesn't hold any weight.

Also, journeying alone has always given me the most benefit versus journeying with other people. The personal lessons become manifest more apparently when alone; they come out of the woodwork much easier.

The nausea will be there with a stiff dose, for the most part, no matter what method you decide to do. The purge should be welcomed. Honestly, there's no need for any sort of complicated recipe; just do 3x3 boils, or at least 3x2 boils, no acid is needed, collect all three boils once finished, reduce to roughly a few fluid ounces, throw it back and your good to go. If your worried about nausea, i've found ginger root helps to a degree, along with deep breathing. Deep breathing for me though, has always been something i've done through the entire experience, a highly transformative tool, that when used consistently throughout the experience, will give it's own guiding hand to your experience. Everything rests in the breath, just remember that.

<3

Smile

PH0Man
#4 Posted : 3/19/2015 2:20:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would also agree that a sitter is unnecessary. My experiences with Formahuasca, even the at times terrifying entry stages with larger doses, convince me it's a experience best done alone. It can be very personal, even extremely self-critical, and a sitter's presence would be very unpleasant.

universecannon
#5 Posted : 3/19/2015 3:07:49 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

A think a sitter would be less necessary with mimosa + rue than your first high dose of mushrooms or LSD. The mental warp/delusion/mindfook factor isn't quite as high, but that's just me.

It helps tremendously to prepare your physical and mental space thoroughly beforehand...cleaning, yoga, meditate, contemplate, light some incense, clear your head, know your intentions etc. I don't really believe that the nausea will be prevented by jello (I can only see that increasing it, if anything). Contrary what people usually think, at sufficient doses nausea is part of the experience even with purified harmalas and DMT. As tat said, ginger can help, and so can laying still in silent darkness with eyes closed...that often releases it for me (and greatly deepens the experience compared to eyes open/being up and about...not much might be happening until you do that). As does the purge - if it starts coming up, don't fight it. Fighting it usually just prolongs any nausea and mental discomfort.

What kind of dosages are you thinking?

If you're worried about taking it without a sitter, or even if not, I usually recommend getting familiar with rue on it's own first.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Jees
#6 Posted : 3/19/2015 10:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jdjd9 wrote:
...Would it be safe to try this Ayahuasca recipe on ones own?...

No 1 fit for all answer, I think it comes down to maximizing success.
Others have said good words already.

Favoring elements:
- the person is not an unstable type, regular is fine enough;
- no time pressure. Make enough undisturbed time frame available;
- treat mind-set and setting;
- a sitter might also be someone you trust, who knows what you're doing, and is available by pre-programmed phone number. Just a soothing voice if necessary.
- know your doses, don't stunt pilot on just luck;
- don't redose too soon, it can take 1 hour easily to come in many cases;
- lying very still is excellent against nausea;
- if purging soon, don't redose right away, still respect the 1 hour at least;
- the brewing technique determines how many actives will be in it, there is a learning curve;
- Do not expect an outcome, let it be what it is even when a tad dull;
- If felt too intense or overly rotten at one point, go vomit, a finger helps. Even when not much comes out, the retching blasts of energy;
- stomach very empty before start, ongoing digesting processes will burden;
- have a blanket to crawl under, shivers are likely.

is what I can think of right away. Some are cliches indeed.
Happy trials!

jdjd9
#7 Posted : 3/20/2015 3:18:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully this answer your guys questions. 7-10 grams to start, is that a good number? Putting it in a grinder, then boiling it via the instructions from the TEK.

Also, what foods need to be avoided? There are too many different stories out there. Some say don't eat at all, some say avoid foods, and some say eat normal because being hungry ruins everything. Any ideas on that everyone?

Last, are there any concerns of one jumping in a car and driving around or other things like that with this? Doubt it as you never hear about that, but figured it would be good to ask.

Basically, it sounds like sitting by oneself can be ok. Really appreciate the responses so far and these boards seem really informative and welcoming. Really appreciate it so far.

universecannon
#8 Posted : 3/20/2015 4:18:28 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

jdjd9 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully this answer your guys questions. 7-10 grams to start, is that a good number? Putting it in a grinder, then boiling it via the instructions from the TEK.

Also, what foods need to be avoided? There are too many different stories out there. Some say don't eat at all, some say avoid foods, and some say eat normal because being hungry ruins everything. Any ideas on that everyone?

Last, are there any concerns of one jumping in a car and driving around or other things like that with this? Doubt it as you never hear about that, but figured it would be good to ask.

Basically, it sounds like sitting by oneself can be ok. Really appreciate the responses so far and these boards seem really informative and welcoming. Really appreciate it so far.

7-10 grams of what? Sounds like way too much of either for your first time. I would try around 3.5 grams rue and 2 grams mimosa. Brew more than that at one time though, so that you can always take more if need be (or just smoke some changa during it). I brew them separate. 3 half hour boils is fine. There isn't really any need to grind the rue.

I don't hear of people freaking out and getting into a car, if that's what you mean...Any kind of motor functions, even walking around, isn't usually a good idea with harmalas and isn't really peoples first reaction during a fear based experience. It's generally much more incapacitating than something like mushrooms or LSD where that can happen.

In regards to food, do a search since this has all been discussed at length here. I just eat healthy and withhold from eating a few hours beforehand. Avoid MDMA, SSRI medications, and caffeine, obviously.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jdjd9
#9 Posted : 3/20/2015 11:51:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

7-10 grams of Hostilis, 3 grams Rue. Also, doesn't that seem like a low number. Anything wrong with starting with 7 grams? Seems like an ok number.

Jees
#10 Posted : 3/21/2015 8:58:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3 rue is okay.
Start on 2 max 3 with mimo.
You must play on safe side, start low, build up later.
Laws of proper working with the plants.

It takes practice not to freak out, and with 7 mimo starting: you're really pushing your luck with that. If there are any consequences of a deteriorated travel, in many cases those won't limit to the person him/her selves. Usually it damages the scene's reputation along, it doesn't need a casualty for it. I hope you understand caution is mandatory and above personal conquest pace. Thumbs up

What 7 mimo does this this cat: piercing the borders of sanity in a very real way, visiting insanity. Glad the cat didn't do that on first occasion.

Oral's center of gravity is much more bodily-psychologically. With vape one can jump over the body load fast and fully, not so with oral. The cat never got over the rising body load on oral, it is often an ordeal to recon with.

If you're really afraid for a dud, make multiple servings of like each 2.5 rue + 2.5 mimo, and leave at least 2 hours in between. 2 Hours is better than 1 actually.

venom
#11 Posted : 3/24/2015 4:51:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I once did take oral 250mg harmala crystals ( dont know if it were harmine or harmaline or... ). And then i got +- 7 grams of mimosa that i mixed into a glass of milk,
it was disgusting to drink, but i managed to drink it, not much worse than real ayahuasca if you ask me Pleased only you really taste the mimosa smell.
By doing so, i was sure i had all the alkaloids that were present in the mimosa to be absorped in my stomach, unlike a water extraction or something i didnt loose a single mg of dmt etc..
But believe me, 7 grams ( and it wasnt the super duper mimosa, stb gave me allways +- 0.8% of extract ) was a hell! It was beyond too much and luckily the harmala crystals began to loose their strength so i got back normal again, but i didnt think i would have been mentally ok if it would have lasted 3 hours more.
Stomach problems weren't such a big deal, but at a point i did vomit however, but i believe it was because of the potency of the mimosa, not really the substance itself ( combination of both probably ).
I did do ayahuasca with shamans also, and drank like 4 - 5 cups of ayahuasca/night and i never got so spaced away as when i did the 7grams of mimosa.
I was entrapped in black hell, with reptilian beings walking by, and they weren't nice reptilian beings...So i felt really really afraid of this.
I would never ever do this much mimosa again and would start with maybe 3.5grams to max 5grams. ( although i drank the mimosa powder and didnt do a water extract or something ).
I also once made ayahuasca myself and drank 2 little cups in 30mins which equalled 300gr of yellow caapi and 150gr chacruna ) and i was floored, i litterally couldnt move anymore, i layed down on the floor after violent vomitting etc.. while seeing these wonderful hallucinations where my ceiling became a rainbow of golden colors that was falling on me etc.. And i felt fine although it was a hard experience.
But the mimosa, it had something evil within itself, it terrified me as hell. I heard chaliponga also has this twisted side?
Maybe one day i will do it again, but certainly not higher than 3.5grams for sure,
Well, i wish you lots of luck Smile and even when it gets too hard / dark, remember that it will pass, it allways does Pleased hope i didnt frighten you tho Pleased

edit: is this your first time of ayahuasca or analogue? Because if so, i would definitaly have a sitter nearby when the shit gets real, and like the comments before, start low and dont think you can handle a big dose of mimosa ( or ayahuasca for that matters ) because it really can be blessing but it can be hell too. Both are lessons, but you dont want to end up in hell on your first times Pleased
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.

- in memorium of T MCK

oversoul1919
#12 Posted : 3/24/2015 5:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doing aya/pharma is different than vaping. It lasts much longer, and it is more possible to do something stupid during longer timeframe.

Also, if you happen to have a bad experience, having a sitter is certainly a nice idea.

But after all, it's your call. I still didn't do aya/pharma, and I still don't know if I should do it alone or not when I decide to do it.

greenmoss
#13 Posted : 4/2/2015 12:36:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
jdjd9 wrote:
...Would it be safe to try this Ayahuasca recipe on ones own?...

No 1 fit for all answer, I think it comes down to maximizing success.
Others have said good words already.

Favoring elements:
- the person is not an unstable type, regular is fine enough;
- no time pressure. Make enough undisturbed time frame available;
- treat mind-set and setting;
- a sitter might also be someone you trust, who knows what you're doing, and is available by pre-programmed phone number. Just a soothing voice if necessary.
- know your doses, don't stunt pilot on just luck;
- don't redose too soon, it can take 1 hour easily to come in many cases;
- lying very still is excellent against nausea;
- if purging soon, don't redose right away, still respect the 1 hour at least;
- the brewing technique determines how many actives will be in it, there is a learning curve;
- Do not expect an outcome, let it be what it is even when a tad dull;
- If felt too intense or overly rotten at one point, go vomit, a finger helps. Even when not much comes out, the retching blasts of energy;
- stomach very empty before start, ongoing digesting processes will burden;
- have a blanket to crawl under, shivers are likely.

is what I can think of right away. Some are cliches indeed.
Happy trials!

very nice . Thumbs up