We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I can breathe again thanks to rue Options

Pile of cats
#1 Posted : 4/1/2015 9:58:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For as long as I can remember I've barely been able to breathe through my left nostril and my right one also felt quite restricted. Last night I drank a tea made from 3g of rue right before going to bed and I stayed awake and noticed some pretty interesting visuals / mental effects which I experimented a bit with seeing how deep I could let myself go with them, I became very tired and fell asleep and went into some truly amazing dreams and woke up a few times during the night but still woke up feeling refreshed. In the morning as I was cleaning my plate after eating breakfast I forcefully blew out all my air through my nose expecting to meet the usual resistance but there was none! they clearer than I can ever remember, I can't believe it. It's been 24 hours since dosing now and they still feel exactly the same.

I'm not sure what was causing the restricted air flow in the first place, I had suspicions after reading that the brain regulates the amount of air breathed by narrowing / opening the nasal passageway that my brain might not be doing a good job of that and has got stuck somehow and had the idea that rue could help reset that mechanism. Not sure what I was basing that off really but it worked in the end.

Anyone care to try and explain what could have happened here? I urge others who feel they're not able to breathe as well as they'd like through their nose to try dosing some rue and see if it helps. see if it can help anyone else

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RhythmSpring
#2 Posted : 4/2/2015 12:32:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's great news! Rue is a powerful cleanser. My theory, if I may offer it, is that your passages weren't closed, they were blocked. Blocked by some kinda phlegmy matter.

To me, taking Rue is like replacing the physical and spiritual need for consuming phlegm-producing foods and thoughts with lessons of true groundedness. Take that as you will.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

slewb
#3 Posted : 4/2/2015 1:50:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's magical stuff! Haven't had any sinus/congestion problems since I began dosing harmalas daily about 4 months ago, we'll see what spring and its many pollens bring.

Synkromystic
#4 Posted : 4/2/2015 1:58:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sinuses contain huge amounts of bacteria. Sometimes bacteria can get deep into the tissue and when that happens it is really difficult to get it out, and one of the main symptoms is congestion. The congestion occurs because the body send histamines to fight the reaction and they cause inflammation. The more inflammation, the more blood flow. More blood flow is good. But sometimes the body over reacts and can get stuck in attack mode constantly, even when there is nothing to fight.

I think I remember a thread recently where there was some research done, that harmine and or rue has antibiotic effects.

starway6
#5 Posted : 4/2/2015 2:22:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have sinusitis and had the same symptoms...

It sounds like some congestion but mostly inflamation of the sinus pasages..

Rue could have anti inflamatory effects...

Sinus inflamation can restrict sinus pasages...but i like the report about it caused awesome dreams!

Maybe a new dream supliment!Smile