We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I'm glad I found you all ... Options

Murbz
#1 Posted : 4/2/2015 12:09:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After many months of research, lurking, listening to Terence McKenna podcasts, etc., I finally feel comfortable asking to join the fold Smile

My interest goes waaaay back to my High School days - almost 40 years ago. I remember reading about the spice in the "High Times Encylopedia of Drugs", or some such title, and was instantly captivated about the description of DMT. In restrospect, it's funny how totally high-level and (unintentionally) superficial that description was - probably laughable to read it today. I remember hearing of the "Businessman's Trip", and wondering how that was even possible. In those days, I was the typical high school enthusiastic user (abuser, more appropriately) of a variety of consciousness alternating substances - all that faded, over time, as my focus turned to the more mundane expectations of a college grad.

So, here we are - years later - and a dormant interest was somehow activated. I don't even know how - it's almost seems like I was being pulled into this interest by an overwhelming curiosity of unknown origins. The more I learned (I am a very cautious, risk-adverse type, so I do a lot of research before I jump into anything), the stronger the curiosity became. Over time, too, I have developed a better appreciation for our world, and our relationship to it - that brings about so many more questions, to be sure. I do not consider myself religious (I think that man has harmed himself much with the advent of organized religion, but that's another discussion), but do have a good measure of what might be called evolving spirituality - feeding that is why I am here. I hope to share my experiences, and continue to learn from yours.

I just completed my first extraction of ACRB, with somewhat interesting and humorous results. I look forward to being able to share that journey, and some pictures of the end result, with you all. I have been a home brewer for over 25 years (ok, I still indulge in a few IPAs - India Pale Ales, that is), and enjoy process and procedures as well as improving them. I hope that I will be able to make some contributions to the community based upon my experience with extractions. I'm no chemist, but I do take good, detailed notes and document my procedures pretty well - hopefully, some of that may be of interest to others (I do stuff like monitor my water bath temperatures throughout the process ...).

In any event - sorry for the novel, folks, but it truly is great to introduce myself a bit. I'm sure we'll learn more about each other as things unfold, too. It's great to be here, and thanks to all of you who make this place what it is.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

joedirt
#2 Posted : 4/2/2015 12:13:30 AM

Not I

Welcome to the Nexus Murbz.

I have a feeling you will like it around here.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Just Say Know
#3 Posted : 4/2/2015 12:14:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I welcome you to this delicious slice of heaven we call the nexus. Smile i can't wait to hear more from you and other new members. thank you for joining! Big grin

Thunderhorse
#4 Posted : 4/2/2015 11:58:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome aboard Murbs!

Wishing you all you seek and a lot of safely done fun along the way Wink
-hoss
i suppose you think that's real fwokken funneh huh? x] baaaasterdz

humble bumble
#5 Posted : 4/2/2015 5:56:54 PM

Welcome!

Like you I was first captivated when I read about DMT in a (different) book, when I was in highschool (But it was 'only' twenty years ago) and like in your book, the information was hopelessly superficial and incomplete. But it planted the first seed. Finding the Nexus then germinated it all those years later Smile

Hope your experiences bring you a lot of positivity Thumbs up
dankbaar, heel dankbaar

Cognitive Heart
#6 Posted : 4/2/2015 8:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Murbz! Enjoy the unfolding experiences that lay ahead of you. Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Murbz
#7 Posted : 4/3/2015 1:27:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome! Definitely a lot of positive energy to be had Smile

I look forward to learning, growing, and sharing with you all.

Naut
#8 Posted : 4/4/2015 4:51:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to be joining the group around the same time as you Murbz! Awesome to hear your ACRB tek went well! I am beginning my first extraction with this bark as well, wondering what tek you used for your successful results? I've gone of many and am doing Cyb's Salt Tek but hey any suggestions would help for a beginner! Have a great day Smile
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

null24
#9 Posted : 4/4/2015 8:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Welcome, murbz, it's always nice to see another self confessed extraquatragenerian!Thumbs up

I too a psychedelic interest after a long hiatus. A time spent away from the light during which i became i pretty dark person, but with the help of DMT and other plant allys,am back on a brightly lit path! I think coming back to them older, wiser, more sure of oneself makes for such different, b valuable trips than i had when i was young.

For example, my trips are far more spiritual and are far more practical;I'm able to integrate what the psychedelic offers into my life now so much more effectively than i used to. I think it's because I'm simply more knowledgeable, so that intellectual connections can be made much better. There's also something to be said about having one's personality more fully developed than it is up into one's third decade of life. While it's still plastic somewhat, I'm not using the psychedelic for personality issues, but rather existential ones.

Make any sense?

Anyway, as always, to you I wish many, many safe returns, and many many HHAAPPYY TTRRAAIILLSS!!!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Murbz
#10 Posted : 4/10/2015 4:38:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Naut wrote:
what tek you used for your successful results? I've gone of many and am doing Cyb's Salt Tek

Welcome to you, too, Naut!

I used Cyb's Salt Tek, with good results. I'm going to post a few questions about the results elsewhere, though. Overall, I think it did what it was supposed to do, but, like everything, you get better with practice.

Murbz
#11 Posted : 4/10/2015 4:40:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I think coming back to them older, wiser, more sure of oneself makes for such different, b valuable trips than i had when i was young.

Thanks for the welcome, null24!

What you say makes perfect sense to me. Sounds like we're in the figurative "same boat" Smile