We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
2nd time extraction question? Options

pumut
#1 Posted : 6/9/2009 10:31:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi all,
ive just started my second time extracting from mimosa hostilis, im using the lazymans tek: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Lazyman%27s_tek

just for the record i did start with powdered mimosa, and put a almost a liter of naphtha in for the first extraction, which shouldn't really change the matter, but for some reason I'm stuck at step 6.. I've stirred the mix for an hour making sure it was mixed well, then afterward I've let it sit covered for nearly an hour now (when it says only 20mins) and the naphtha still hasn't risen to the top, the mixture is still completely goo..the lid of the bowl also kinda looks like some has evaporated away

i was wondering if anybody had any experience or advice as to why this is happening, and what i could or should do to avoid wasting any magic out of the mimosa and getting the naphtha to rise properly?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 6/9/2009 9:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just out of curiosity... why did you use a bowel and not a bottle or glass jar? What ratio of water to bark did you use? If you didn't add enough water, your mixture can become too thick causing the naphtha to get "stuck" in the mix.

If you use bottles (even plastic coke bottles will do) it makes it so much easier to pull the naphtha out, as the layer becomes thicker.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 6/9/2009 10:36:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, better use a container that is thinner and taller, so when the naphtha floats, it will be a thicker layer, so easier to separate with the pippette/baster/whatever..

1l of naphtha seems very excessive. Usually its much better to make more pulls but with less naphtha each.. how much bark/water did you use? Indeed if there is too much bark and too little water, it can be a problem for separation.. So adding more basified water may help.

Remember, nothing is lost.. If naphtha evaporated, the dmt is still there in the mix..

More details on your quantities will be useful for us helping you

pumut
#4 Posted : 6/10/2009 1:20:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well i used a metal bowl, the same one i used in my first extraction, and i didnt have any problems then, i did however this time change the ratios as followed:

400grams of mimosa, with 2 liters of water and 200grams of sodium..

do you think i should add more water..or maybe leave it too sit for a little longer?

pumut
#5 Posted : 6/10/2009 1:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oh sorry just too add, well i did leave it overnight, almost 12hours, and after just checking its still a complete goo...any advice would be appreciated?

pumut
#6 Posted : 6/10/2009 6:22:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so after doing as little research, i decided to add another liter of water as well as 120grams sodium..
its now sitting, ill give it an hour or so...wish me luck?
Confused

pumut
#7 Posted : 6/11/2009 2:23:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok now ive added almost an extra 500grams of naOh, after looking at some older posts, this did separate the mixture, but only a really thin layer of naphtha, does anybody have any info on why this may be, and what i could do to separate the mixture completely?

DoingKermit
#8 Posted : 6/11/2009 2:35:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your ratio of water to bark (7.5%) does seem a little low. I usually put at least 10%. Also, if you are using a bowel, the naphtha layer will be very thin on the top of the base water. maybe try transferring the whole thing into a thinner container/jar.

Try adding even more water to the mixture. Like i just said, try putting the whole mixture into a taller/thinner container to make the naphtha layer a bit thicker. I think the mix could still be a bit too thick causing some of the naphtha t remain trapped in the base water. I can only assume this and don't know for sure. Let me know what you get up to and how it goes. Later!

pumut
#9 Posted : 6/11/2009 2:44:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

okay then ill add a little more water and put it into something thinner and teller, so even plastic soft drink bottles will do the job? or should i be looking for something more towards the glass way?

thanks in advance..

pumut
#10 Posted : 6/11/2009 5:51:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

after adding almost 2 liters of water, waited about 2hours andddd BAM! im finally understanding the whole process in full.
many thanks to kermit!
Laughing

DoingKermit
#11 Posted : 6/11/2009 3:11:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good stuff, man! Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

pumut
#12 Posted : 6/12/2009 6:30:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

all done, and the yield wasn't as expected..not too bothered thoe, as a few grams of clean spice from 400gms is better than nothing.
i know its only my second extraction, but i found from my first extraction, using the following ratios i got more from the larger extraction?...

150g mimosa..1250ml distilled water...200gms naOh...and 2liters of naphtha per pull.

most of you might say thats wayy too much naphta, but the more i put, the more spcie it pulled? (advice taken from an experienced friend)

maybe im way off track here.. but im going to give it another go using only 200gms mimosa next,1500ml water, 200gm naOh, and 300mls naphtha per pull

any help/suggestions is appreciated

Laughing