We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
No Wormwood, but Absinthe - like effects Options

Just Say Know
#41 Posted : 4/1/2015 4:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone consider adding blue, white, pink, or sacred lotus in the mix? what about wormwood? does it have to have no wormwood?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

saulsilver
#42 Posted : 4/1/2015 5:41:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read a ton of reports about Blue Lili or Sacred Loto, but all seems so weak.
Yeah could be that would synergize as well but maybe Calamus would be a better choice.

Absinthe is an admixture spread all over the world, but why not a non-alcholic beverage like Space Cake(in a liquid form) with no alchol at all?
Wormwood is high in tujolene a toxic compound that increase GABA-a and 5HT3, so it's something similar to alchol.

More test need to be done around (I guess call it) 'Spice's Revolution'

saulsilver
#43 Posted : 4/2/2015 1:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I checked out some ingredients for an ipnotic-relaxing trip. You can soaked them all into a Rum or Spirit but, - generally SWIM doesn't drink alcohol - so maybe we should simply mix all the stuff into togheter and eat it with maple syrup or honey or juice.
Well, maybe in a glass of wine should be fine, you put 1-2 tbsp for 1hour or 2, filtered all the solids and drink.
Maybe some elements are better than others, but you can find this herbs easilly.

A. Absintium
A. Vulgaris
Star Anise
Basil
Cloves
Bay Leaves
Hops
Lavander
Kratom
Angelica
Wild Red Poppy
Valeriana
Hysopp
Coriander
Melissa
Nutmeg
Mexican Allspice (eugenol - methyl-eugenol)
Common Sage (30% tujolene in the essential oil, along with 15% camphor). At least it's the chemotype I can get. I also check it with wikipedia and seems almost similar.

Also erowid have a plenty of report about common sage.

1ce
#44 Posted : 4/3/2015 6:44:39 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

camphor? Interesting, idk about your reported yields. I found this though: https://books.google.com/books?i...IBw&ved=0CDUQ6AEwCQ

I would think soxhleting some of these herbs would make for a *very* interesting spirit. Hell, toss in a few shrooms.

saulsilver
#45 Posted : 4/3/2015 8:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, shrooms at 0.5-1gr are definitely stimulant-enjoyable, the body is refreshed the mind open, you're really ok, but psylocin it's not a PEA's, or a allybenzenes or a monoterpenes.

IMHO, Spice are not legal high, they're just spice, or herbs. For me, the name Legal High is not good, I prefer saying: Spice High or simply Spice or maybe Natural Spice.

I also read in this book: How to get high (without drugs), that Dill seeds are known to relax and calming effects.
I also found that the Sri Lankan-Indian nutmegs are more potent, with both myristicin and elemicin.
In mace(from India), the elemicin is 10% (like the essential oil of Elemi) unlike the indian nutmeg that's more high in pinene and low in elemicin.
Instead, the Grenada type, are low in myristicin and elemicin, but high in safrole.
Source:
Chemistry of Spices Edited by Villupanoor A. Parthasarathy, Bhageerathy Chempakam and T. John Zachariah.

I also found from the book above that the difference between Mace and Nutmeg is:

Quote:
The mace oleoresin is amber to dark red
in colour; 7 kg of mace oleoresin are equivalent
to 100 kg of freshly ground spice. Mace
butter, which has fixed oils and volatiles,
has 60% unsaturated fats and 40% saturated
fats.

Instead of Nutmeg:

Quote:
Nutmeg is high in trimiristicin, a well known saturated fat which is hepatoxic because it's hard to digeste. Nutmeg butter contain 90% of this saturated fat.
Also, a diet rich in saturated fat is not good generally for the liver, and so is nutmeg.

To sum up:
Mace, in my experiments, starts in half an hour, and peaks in three. It's less toxic, and don't fell like shit the day after and it's better for the liver(no saturated fat, no fu**ing trimiristicin), and sometimes it's more stronger. The essential oil, it's more safer, of course, but it's expensive.
Nutmeg has a longer lasting effect, but side effects, and more toxic, with less psychedelic effects.
Are you still here looking for some nutmeg? GET MACE INSTEAD!

1ce
#46 Posted : 4/4/2015 2:19:49 AM

I was talking about preparing an herbal liqour that could be enjoyed and taken in a quasi traditional absinthe sort of way.

saulsilver
#47 Posted : 4/4/2015 3:14:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.ifeat.org/wp-.../Mushin-Sri-Lanka-EO.pdf

I also found this:
saulsilver attached the following image(s):
pppp.JPG (54kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
Untitled.png (60kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

1ce
#48 Posted : 4/5/2015 3:14:30 AM

4% safrole seems like alot considering its demonstrated toxicity.

saulsilver
#49 Posted : 4/5/2015 2:26:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, if you can find the Indian Nutmegs, yes. But Indonesian nutmegs are low in safrole. Where I live I can only find Indonesian and Indian nutmeg, but not Indian Mace!Embarrased
I tried Indonesian Mace, and it's not sedating. It's so spicy.

Safrole is toxic, but I think it's not the only problem here. Trimiristicin is toxic too, and it's a fat. It's so difficult to digest! Nutmeg is 22% trimiristicin. Mace only in minor trace, 0.8%, and the rest are not-saturated fats. Mace is safer than nutmeg and even stronger.

Mace is the way. The real problem is what mace you buy. When I started looking into the nutmeg-problem I didn't figure out that the most big problem was the country of origin.
It's like Marijuana, there are three kind:
Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis. Well, the same with Nutmeg-Mace. West Indian, East Indian, and Sri Lankan.
Often the supermarcet-nutmeg are a mix of the three, or probabily from Grenada or Indonesia or Papa Guinea.

PREV123